Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
For those of you doing your part, I thank you.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I take about 20-25 meds. Or I’ll just say I am prescribed that many.

Some are “as needed” like when I get the Arby’s Shîts

As far as expense or cost? Hmmm, I have double health insurance and usually meet my out of pocket max deductible by the first 3 months of the year. So either way it is $0 out of pocket.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Just finished a round of antibiotics for an inflamed sebaceous gland. No other pharmaceuticals here.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Flinstones vitamin

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by kwg020
Flomax to help me pee, Eliquis for blood clots, prilosec for heart burn and gabapentin for neuropathy after a failed back surgery. I went 7 years controlling my blood clots with baby aspirin until I forgot to take the baby aspirin on a camping trip. I would love to put big pharma out of business but God says otherwise.

kwg

Prilosec made my joints hurt, feet and hands numb after awhile. It may not do that to you, but I thought I’d mention it.
Some other heartburn medicine did that too, but I can’t think of the name of it right now. I thought I had arthritis, quit that crap, it went away, use tums now.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I hate em but need them to live.... I take a minimum of 16 to 20 capsules a day of replacement pancreas enzymes since I don't have much of one left.... then I take 3-4 pills a day so I don't get the chits too bad (lomotil).... then 40mg of pantoprazole for the acid reflux I've had for years.... and usually a half of a Percocet before bed..... I also go once a week for the last 8 months to the infusion center and get an infusion of magnesium and some other stuff because of malabsorption.

I'm still working 50 hours a week, raising 2 teens and everything else life dishes out.... pills suck but I'd be dead without em.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Had a mild heart attack 2 months ago, so now I'm taking more drugs than Hunter Biden.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I take allergy medication, that’s it and I’m 66.

Thanks, Billy
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Metformin twice a day, Gabapentin three times, two blood pressure pills and an oxycodone to put me to sleep at night.

I could wish a lot of things on my worst enemy but neuropathy ain't one of them.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
Had a friend and his wife spend an extended weekend with us. Every few hours he was taking medication for his heart condition, his prostrate, blood sugar, on and on and on. I asked him how many pills a day and he said north of 20. His heart meds alone were more than $1,100 a month out of pocket. We are the same age and all I take are a few supplements - normal vitamins, Krill, DHEA, and Creatine. No prescribed medication.

So who here is keeping Big Pharma alive?

Those who trust the guy in scrubs with filthy latex tubing draped over his neck from the last dozen sick patients have justified the $1,100/ month bill that keeps them sick.
Those who really care enough to take the extra effort to search for solutions may spend $100 or less/ month to enjoy good health.....life habits, clean living, good food, exercise, supplements.

Most people have allowed themselves to be convinced that the first guy is the easiest way.

For all of you guys who are suffering or have family who are, buy this and thank me later.
Book: "Is Your Cardiologist Killing You" by Dr. Sherry Rogers

https://www.naturalnurse.com/2020/01/22/is-your-cardiologist-killing-you-sherry-rogers-md/

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 06/06/22.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
BP, cholesterol and allergy crap.
Something for the arthritis and bad joints sometimes.

I think beer is good for lots of ailments.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Had a friend and his wife spend an extended weekend with us. Every few hours he was taking medication for his heart condition, his prostrate, blood sugar, on and on and on. I asked him how many pills a day and he said north of 20. His heart meds alone were more than $1,100 a month out of pocket. We are the same age and all I take are a few supplements - normal vitamins, Krill, DHEA, and Creatine. No prescribed medication.

Those who trust the guy in scrubs with filthy latex tubing draped over his neck from the last dozen sick patients have justified the $1,100/ month bill that keeps them sick.
Those who really care enough to take the extra effort to search for solutions may spend $100 or less/ month to enjoy good health.....life habits, clean living, good food, exercise, supplements.

Most people have allowed themselves to be convinced that the first guy is the easiest way.

For all of you guys who are suffering or have family who are, buy this and thank me later.

https://www.naturalnurse.com/2020/01/22/is-your-cardiologist-killing-you-sherry-rogers-md/
This is the absolute truth, some on here have talked about the Covid being B.S which i agree 100% but will walk right into there Dr office and walk out with a Flu shot or some other jab and bag full of pills and think nothing of it.
People need to start doing some of there own research and quite putting all there blind faith in Dr's and big Pharma.

Last edited by sherm_61; 06/06/22.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
my family dies from heart disease. that's the genetic lottery. Mom has 12 Brothers and sisters. EVERY one of them has some degree of heart disease, and the ones that died including both parents? you guessed it, heart disease.

I take Blood pressure and cholesterol meds as well as metformin and allopurinol and colchicine. 56

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Kenlguy
Metformin twice a day, Gabapentin three times, two blood pressure pills and an oxycodone to put me to sleep at night.
How dafuq do people get regular daily oxycodone and percoset

That is major taboo here

I got my abdomen sliced open from armpit to armpit recent operation. They sent me home with 5 days of oxycodone and they were useless 5mg at that.

What are the magic words I need to say to get meds for chronic pain?

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Not to be a prick...but does it have something to do with where you live?
Make you suffer so they don't catch hell for over prescribing?

I am MAGA.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by strikeu
my family dies from heart disease. that's the genetic lottery. Mom has 12 Brothers and sisters. EVERY one of them has some degree of heart disease, and the ones that died including both parents? you guessed it, heart disease.

I take Blood pressure and cholesterol meds as well as metformin and allopurinol and colchicine. 56
While Genetics play some role in heart disease, Diet and Lifestyle play way BIGGER role.
My dad was a cowboy who rode hard and played hard, smoked drank like a fish and had his first hear attack at 42.
My grandfather didn't make it past 52 died on my birthday when I was 12. My brother just like my dad except cowboying, heart attack 4 years ago at 55 struggling with heart problems today hes just turned 59.
I'm no saint but I watched my grandfather and Dad who struggled for 20 years with heart problems and swore im not going down that path.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Type 1 diabetic so I take two different types of insulin. Sleeping pill for insomnia, a blood pressure med, psych med, allergy pill and some pill for my asthma. Taking life sustaining prescriptions, especially insulin is what terrifies me about the world going to [bleep]. All of the life skills I've obtained to survive in the wilderness mean absolutely squat without my insulin.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper

No doubt one can stave off use of medications if they eat right and get enough exercise, especially if they start early in life. There are some who are genetically predisposed to heart disease and some who have been accumulating plaque in their arteries since early adolescence, when eating habits aren't especially good (sometimes these are one and the same person). Eventually, even with healthy diet and exercise, the buildup reaches critical mass. If and when it happens to you, you'll be glad to have a guy in scrubs go in there and clean things out, and prescribe some meds to help keep it that way. Judge not lest ye be judged.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by Kenlguy
How dafuq do people get regular daily oxycodone and percoset

That is major taboo here

I got my abdomen sliced open from armpit to armpit recent operation. They sent me home with 5 days of oxycodone and they were useless 5mg at that.

What are the magic words I need to say to get meds for chronic pain?

You have any expat friends in Mexico or Central America???

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by sherm_61
Originally Posted by strikeu

While Genetics play some role in heart disease, Diet and Lifestyle play way BIGGER role.
My dad was a cowboy who rode hard and played hard, smoked drank like a fish and had his first hear attack at 42.
My grandfather didn't make it past 52 died on my birthday when I was 12. My brother just like my dad except cowboying, heart attack 4 years ago at 55 struggling with heart problems today hes just turned 59.
I'm no saint but I watched my grandfather and Dad who struggled for 20 years with heart problems and swore im not going down that path.

How's your mom's family's health?

Maybe you're lucky and got the other side's genes.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

377 members (22kHornet, 1lesfox, 160user, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 222ND, 36 invisible), 2,817 guests, and 1,093 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,651
Posts18,533,818
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.