Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Valsdad
of God.

That dude must have a screwed up back, a bad heart and BP problems, gastrointestinal disorders, and bad eyesight.

If not that................................................................

then someone didn't follow the blueprints in constructing the majority of us.

How the hell did them old fellers in the bible live to be like 600 years?

I'm nearing 70 now and I hurt all over, not sure how I could make it much past 100 or so............with modern medicine. All them folks had was some manure and mustard poultices, and some bark or root infusions.

I'll be 72 this year, if I live that long!
I've been bent, broken, repaired, replaced, sliced and diced.
God didn't make me like this, but I am forever grateful that he gave all those orthopedic surgeons the skills and knowledge needed to put me back together.

GB1

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by slumlord
It’s all about connecting the dots

Ahhh.

The old dot connection thingie.

Do we use a stubby pencil or a red Crayola?

No, it takes a brain. Back in those days they had real, natural original fruit, meat and veggies to eat.

No processed foods, rapeseed, preservatives, or GMOs or antibiotics in food. May have helped.

Last edited by jaguartx; 06/06/22.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Maybe they just weren't all that good with numbers? They thought 13billion was 6000 for example.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
Valsdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
One thing is for sure, they didn't have supercomputers and more than likely couldn't conceptualize "13 billion".

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Valsdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by slumlord
It’s all about connecting the dots

Ahhh.

The old dot connection thingie.

Do we use a stubby pencil or a red Crayola?

No, it takes a brain. Back in those days they had real, natural original fruit, meat and veggies to eat.

No processed foods, rapeseed, preservatives, or GMOs or antibiotics in food. May have helped.

Gotta admit, that's a good probability.

But you, as a Doc, likely know they didn't have the sanitary methods we do nowadays, or things like Ivermectin to combat the parasite load they likely had when we as the Human Race started out on this big blue marble.

Be pretty hard to live much more than a couple hundred years without antibiotics.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A question that deserves more than simple post. If you’re serious, the GENESIS FLOOD (1969) will probably answer your question…somewhat. Maybe raise more. It was a seminal work by Henry Morris PhD in hydraulics and John Whitcomb ThD, a scientist and a theologian.

It is now a considered a classic in trying to understand the antediluvian world of Genesis, the results of the Fall in ch 3 and of the Flood of ch 6. It’s not a quick, easy read, but a compelling one. 👍

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No one uses the owner's manual.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ring man is touching on some of the points.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd
A question that deserves more than simple post. If you’re serious, the GENESIS FLOOD (1969) will probably answer your question…somewhat. Maybe raise more. It was a seminal work by Henry Morris PhD in hydraulics and John Whitcomb ThD, a scientist and a theologian.

It is now a considered a classic in trying to understand the antediluvian world of Genesis, the results of the Fall in ch 3 and of the Flood of ch 6. It’s not a quick, easy read, but a compelling one. 👍

That book was a eye opener for me when I was thirty years old. I heard it has been updated and improved. Henry Morris was an evolutionists. His studies in geology and hydraulics caused him to believe in a world wide flood.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He believed in much more than a worldwide flood. He was a Christian who was a literalist to the extent one can be.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
The idea that we were created in the image of God is absurd, if for no other reason than that, at a time when there were no "heavens and earth," God would not have had so many useless body parts. No planets means no need for lungs to breathe 21" oxygen, no muscular-skeletal structure to facilitate upright walking in a 1.0G environment, no sex organs etc.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

That book was a eye opener for me when I was thirty years old. I heard it has been updated and improved. Henry Morris was an evolutionists. His studies in geology and hydraulics caused him to believe in a world wide flood.
I always liked Henry Morris. He spoke at the capital convention center a while back. His team was the best group of researchers and writers I've met on a number of areas. This morning I spent some time transferring my personal notes from the margins of his Defender Study Bible to my newer one. I don't normally use study Bibles, like I said a couple weeks ago, but I think he has a lot of good insight ,(excepting the "in the original autographs" and things like that).

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by bcp
Earth is much older and slower now, too. Back then it was young and fast. Years were much shorter.

laugh

Bruce

Simply not true. There is no evidence of what you say.

If the years were shorter, the earth would have to move more quickly around the sun, and thus be closer to it. But if it were even a little closer, it would be too hot for life to exist.

The idea that people in old ties lived for hundreds of years is simply a myth made up by stone age people.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by bcp
Earth is much older and slower now, too. Back then it was young and fast. Years were much shorter.

laugh

Bruce

There is actually almost some truth to that, except the time for the earth to orbit around the sun hasn't changed for a long long time now. The length of day however has changed and is getting longer. 1/2 billion years ago a day was about 21.5hrs, 1 billion years ago a day was about 18.5hrs. It's thanks to the damn moon affecting our rotational speed - just as earth has locked the moon's rotational speed so that the same side faces earth, it's doing the same to earth and slowing down our rotational speed.

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
Valsdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by bcp

laugh

Bruce

There is actually almost some truth to that, except the time for the earth to orbit around the sun hasn't changed for a long long time now. The length of day however has changed and is getting longer. 1/2 billion years ago a day was about 21.5hrs, 1 billion years ago a day was about 18.5hrs. It's thanks to the damn moon affecting our rotational speed - just as earth has locked the moon's rotational speed so that the same side faces earth, it's doing the same to earth and slowing down our rotational speed.

When our rotational speed slows enough......................................will we................................

all fall off???

In it is contentment

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Originally Posted by bcp

laugh

Bruce

Simply not true. There is no evidence of what you say.

If the years were shorter, the earth would have to move more quickly around the sun, and thus be closer to it. But if it were even a little closer, it would be too hot for life to exist.

The idea that people in old ties lived for hundreds of years is simply a myth made up by stone age people.

Upon what do you base your assertion?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
L
LBP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Sin.

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Great grandmother lived to a 114 and rolled her own cigarettes almost to the end in 1977.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

179 members (257_X_50, 1_deuce, 35WhelenNut, 10gaugemag, 338reddog, 2ndwind, 25 invisible), 2,884 guests, and 935 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,643
Posts18,533,642
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.