Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
K
KRAKMT Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
1. What actual realworld statistically measurable effect would this have? “Universal background check”

2. Why is it not voluntary for law abiding citizens who want to sell a firearm to use the database? A safe haven law.

Last edited by KRAKMT; 06/07/22.
GB4

L
LBP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
None

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
K
KRAKMT Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
It is the political lefts chant, every interview, every article, every talking head, all push.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Prelude to registration.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Background checks are an admission to the failure of the psychiatric and penal systems to rehabilitate their wards.

If you're too F'ing crazy or dangerous to have 2nd amendment rights reinstated after serving your time, you should stay in prison....but we know that isn't why the guv forces "background checks" on the general population.

Last edited by SBTCO; 06/07/22.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
It IS registry.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ever think about how many felons are prosecuted for trying to buy a firearm. Not many. But I don’t want to have to check with the government before giving my grandson a shotgun. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Caplock
Prelude to registration.
It's not a prelude to registration, it IS registration!
Just a bit more gradual. Every gun sold, traded, or given away will go through the system.

A rose by any other name......

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by KRAKMT
1. What actual realworld statistically measurable effect would this have?
Won't happen because there will be HELL to pay. And if it did,it would be shot down by every court
on the way to the Supreme Court. Real BLOOD would be shed over this and anyone that has half a
brain cell knows it.

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
It is the political lefts chant, every interview, every article, every talking head, all push.
Because they understand that it amounts to universal registration. People eventually die, and their firearms get transferred. After just a few generations time has passed, the government will require that every gun owner be able to produce a paper trail connected to every firearm they have in their possession. Failure to do so will prove a violation of the universal background check law, and constitute a felony.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The question that should be asked every time gun control comes up is: "How many criminals will obey this law?"

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
The question that should be asked every time gun control comes up is: "How many criminals will obey this law?"

It's not criminals that the anti gun crowd is concerned about........it's the law abiding people. We're the ones they want to disarm.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It has nothing whatever to do with crime.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Same words. But, oh. It's not coordinated.

Suuuuuure.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
One of the reasons I have a CCW permit is because, although you still fill out the form 4473, the background check is not run ..... at least this is how it works in AZ. Moreover I will not purchase a gun if the form 4473 is computerized.... ie you enter your info into an online 4473 system vs a paper form 4473.

Sure, the FFL has the paper form 4473, but the Fed's would have to scour a whole bunch of paper form 4473's to get a look at what I have acquired.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The fact that it's not about crime was my point, but perhaps I was too subtle. Of course they know it will have no effect on crime; that's merely their excuse to disarm the soon-to-be slaves. EVERY tyranny in history disarmed the people as their first act.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
It has nothing whatever to do with crime.

Exactamundo. The Universal background check aims at criminalizing all private sales and transfers

The next step is registration ( which this is a form of)

The next step is confiscation.

The next step is genocide.

Check your history books.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
They, FEDs, BATF, Prosecutors don't give a ratsazz.........

HERE they are basically 'Handed an Easy One' and look what they do....

It has NOTHING to do with stopping/preventing Crime....

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
The intent is to make firearms ownership expensive and cumbersome.

When Washington State passed a Universal Background Check by referendum, a background check was required for all transfers of firearms. "Transfer" was left undefined but the definition could be inferred by exceptions written into the law. In State Attorney General's interpretation handing a firearm from one person to another was a "transfer" and must be preceded by a background check. Handing the firearm back required another background check. A first offence was a misdemeanor, second offence a felony. Exceptions were made for close relatives, spouses and law enforcement officers. Transfers could be made between firearms instructors and students but only at State recognized shooting ranges with firearms which never left the facility and if the student was under 18 years of age. The moment a student turned 18 "transfers" could no longer be made between instructor and student. Instructors of State-run hunter safety classes had to be designated as law-enforcement officers before they could hold classes.

I think the law has been modified since then but I have not paid attention since I moved from WA. As you can see this law was carefully designed to keep us safe while not infringing on the Second Amendment in the slightest.

If background checks are so desirable why is the background check system restricted to FFL holders and not available to everyone?

One unerring mark of the love of the truth is not entertaining any proposition with greater assurance than the proofs it is built upon will warrant. John Locke, 1690
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by OldSchool_BestSchool
One of the reasons I have a CCW permit is because, although you still fill out the form 4473, the background check is not run ..... at least this is how it works in AZ. Moreover I will not purchase a gun if the form 4473 is computerized.... ie you enter your info into an online 4473 system vs a paper form 4473.

Sure, the FFL has the paper form 4473, but the Fed's would have to scour a whole bunch of paper form 4473's to get a look at what I have acquired.

Works the same way in Nebraska. But you are living in a fantasy world. Your background check is run every 5 years on renewal of the CCW under Federal law to keep the Brady exemption.
Your biggest fantasy is thinking that you are safe. You’ve already given them a mugshot, fingerprints, DL# and home address which must be current to keep your CCW. They know who and where you are and the fact you have a CCW so you are a gun owner/buyer.

Last edited by Swifty52; 06/07/22.

Swifty
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

200 members (10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 257_X_50, 260Remguy, 14idaho, 31 invisible), 1,839 guests, and 1,110 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,993
Posts18,481,120
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.