Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Jahrs
Originally Posted by 10Glocks

"your church is a Six Flags over Jesus." That's the sermon that put Paul Washer on the map. I've listened to him for years. There are so few really good, sound preachers these days. He's one of them.

Paul Washer
the later R C Sproul
John McArthur
Phil Johnson (probably who I listen to most)
recordings of the late Dr Martyn Lloyd Jones
Steve Lawson
Voddie Bacham

among a few others are good, scripturally sound preachers.

Jeff Pollard/80’s rock star as well as Sinclair Ferguson & Scott Brown.

God has used Paul Washer to expose the ignorance of American Christianity and has opened the eyes of many by his preaching.

American Christianity in my opinion has suffered because of the way the churches have tried to change and coddle the younger generation to come to church, With their coffee shop environment contemporary music, smoke dark lights, plays and skits, soft preaching etc. instead of preaching the whole counsel of God.

I like to listen to Sinclair Ferguson on RefNet.

Justin Peters is another good one. He's done a great job of exposing the charlatans you see on TV. He's sort of a one-trick-pony in ministry, since that's pretty much what he's known for. But he does have mild cerebral palsy and has severe mobility issue. I thought his going to Todd Bentley's "faith healing" service, and his failure to get healed in front of Bentley's audience was great.

Last edited by 10Glocks; 06/07/22.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by IZH27
I realize there was a hole in a smooth with a foot in the SVC. Now for years later it’s quite evident that that holy is Ashley SJW theology.

Can you put that another way, I’m not comprehending you last sentence?

“No one in hell can ever say I went to Christ and He rejected me.

C.H. Spurgeon
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I'd add David Jeremiah, Alistair Begg, and Charles Stanley to the list of true gospel preaching preachers.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Just another CON ARTIST bilking the unwashed!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I'd add David Jeremiah, Alistair Begg, and Charles Stanley to the list of true gospel preaching preachers.

All three are good. I love Alistair Begg. He's actually fun to listen to.

IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Gullible sheep.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
https://nypost.com/2022/06/07/abortion-activists-strip-during-joel-osteen-church-service/

Abortion activists interrupted Osteen's service on Sunday. They stripped down, and cried out "My body, my fuc*king choice!" Security had to remove the gals from the service.

Lemme guess….

The kind You don’t want to see Naked?

Blue hairs?

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hanco
He has a pretty wife.

She has Kenneth Copeland eyes. There might be a song in there somewhere.
[Linked Image from thenetline.com]

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The division within Christianity likely makes it unappealing to a great many people. Men here disagree with their wives, but they don’t separate from em’, they don’t divorce em’. Disagreements are unavoidable, but division is a choice.

Does it make sense to distance ourselves from other believers that we disagree with…? Jesus said if you greet only your own people, then what are you doin’ more than others…? Do not even unbelievers do that…?

If Jesus had decided to ‘only’ be with His own, He woulda never stepped foot on this planet…!

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

That was excellent I need to send that to my wife’s girlfriend who is a big-time commander of the Holy Spirit.

C.H. Spurgeon
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antlers
The division within Christianity likely makes it unappealing to a great many people. Men here disagree with their wives, but they don’t separate from em’, they don’t divorce em’. Disagreements are unavoidable, but division is a choice.

Does it make sense to distance ourselves from other believers that we disagree with…? Jesus said if you greet only your own people, then what are you doin’ more than others…? Do not even unbelievers do that…?

If Jesus had decided to ‘only’ be with His own, He woulda never stepped foot on this planet…!
Jesus wanted our contacts with heretics and unbelievers not for acceptance of false teachings, but for correction and evangelization.

Matthew 18:15-17 “If your brother sins against you, go and confront him while the two of you are alone. If he listens to you, you have won back your brother. But if he doesn’t listen, take one or two others with you so that ‘every word may be confirmed by the testimony of two or three witnesses. If, however, he ignores them, tell it to the congregation. If he also ignores the congregation, regard him as an unbeliever and a tax collector."

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There were disagreements among His Apostle’s themselves.

They didn’t separate and distance themselves from each other because of it.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
https://nypost.com/2022/06/07/abortion-activists-strip-during-joel-osteen-church-service/

Abortion activists interrupted Osteen's service on Sunday. They stripped down, and cried out "My body, my fuc*king choice!" Security had to remove the gals from the service.

Lemme guess….

The kind You don’t want to see Naked?

Blue hairs?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

They worked it out and came to agreement.

Politics is War by Other Means
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by IZH27
I realize there was a hole in a smooth with a foot in the SVC. Now for years later it’s quite evident that that holy is Ashley SJW theology.

Can you put that another way, I’m not comprehending you last sentence?

Sorry about that. Talk to text….SIRI doesn’t always get my accent.

As I listened to the various speakers I was disgusted. Everyone had a message of reconciliation, apologizing for slavery and racism. Every speaker participated. Even the famed John MacArthur. At the end of his message he mentioned Christ for a very few minutes.

My observation to a former pastor of ours in an SBC church was that I expected there to be a holiness or piety movement within the denomination. I wasn’t far off. That was the beginning of many of the leaders starting to adopt a Christian SJW message.

It’s pretty easy to document the direction that the denomination has gone since then. The church that we had been in had left the SBC and joined an independent Reformed Baptist organization. It seems that a lot of congregations are doing the same.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
It’s hard to imagine John MacArther being apologetic about anything but the Gospel.
I agree about the SBC it will take 10-15 years to straighten it out if they start right now. Tom Ascol is going to run to be President of SBC. If anyone can turn it around it will be him.

C.H. Spurgeon
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I don’t think that it will ever recover. When Mohler took SBTS hard Calvinist in an attempt to get back to the roots of the denomination many were turned off and the liberal divide became deeper.

Add to that the woke people that matriculated into and now from SBTS, the wokeness within many of the churches and the focus of too many of their churches on numbers and the writing is on the wall.

Most traditional denominations were gutted of sound theology through the fundamentalist movement. The guys coming back from WWII needed to salve their souls for what they had seen so moralism swept through and then their grand and great grand kids were taught Christianity as moralistic therapeutic deism. I’d say stick a fork in the SBC and most other traditional denominations. I just can’t see a path for them to come back.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Look at the pending split in the UNITED METHODIST CHURCH due primarily to LGBT issues/practices.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Tyrone

They worked it out and came to agreement.
Or maybe they just agreed to disagree. Makes sense to me that in addition to Essential Beliefs we have liberty in Non-Essential Beliefs. It’s certainly possible to strongly affirm the clear teaching in scripture while allowing believers the personal freedom to have varying interpretations on theological issues that are not clearly presented in scripture.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I love Alistair Begg. He's actually fun to listen to.

An excellent sermon.

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

529 members (160user, 06hunter59, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12344mag, 59 invisible), 2,746 guests, and 1,314 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,238
Posts18,485,775
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.