Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Sais not transporting firarms

From the article:

The Georgia-based logistics and shipping giant reportedly announced a new "rules tariff" last week in the wake of several recent mass shootings including ones in Buffalo, New York, and Uvalde, Texas.

The tariff discontinues the shipment of firearms — including handguns and rifles — both assembled and disassembled, meaning it also covers the shipment of parts that could be assembled into a firearm once the carton was opened.

Last edited by worriedman; 06/08/22.

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Never heard of em.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That’s because you have no life grin

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Good.

Maybe some independent trucker can make some $$.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Who cares? F u ck Sais.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
FFS - it's theater.

Shippers don't use LTL for guns. At least most don't. I'd seriously doubt Saia moved more than 3/4 pallets of guns a year - if ANY.

I worked for a carrier that moved the guns for Dick's when they had them.

Carrier can transport and deliver firearms as defined by the Title 18, Chapter 44 and Title 26, Chapter 53 of the United States Code between areas served in the U.S., but only between: (i) licensed importers; licensed manufacturers; licensed dealers; licensed collectors as defined in Title 18, Chapter 44 of the United States Code; law enforcement agencies of the U.S. or any department or agency thereof; and law enforcement agencies of any state or any department, agency or political subdivisions thereof; or (ii) where not prohibited by local, state, provincial or federal law, from individuals to licensed importers, licensed manufacturers or licensed dealers (and return of same).

Upon presenting the goods for shipment, the person tendering the shipment to Carrier is required to notify Carrier that the shipment contains a firearm. The outside of the package(s) must not be marked, labeled or otherwise identify that the package(s) contains a firearm. The shipper and recipient are required to comply with all applicable government regulations and laws, including those pertaining to labeling. The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives can provide assistance.

The shipper and recipient must be of legal age as identified by applicable law.

Carrier cannot ship or deliver firearms COD.

Carrier will transport small-arms ammunition when packed and labeled in compliance with local, state, and federal law, and the Hazardous Materials Item of this rules tariff. Ammunition is an explosive and must be shipped separately as hazardous materials. Loaded firearms or firearms with ammunition shall not be shipped in the same package.

Carrier will not transport firearms that are legally owned by or offered for tender by an individual or from one individual to another individual (or to themselves at another address) under any circumstances.

Basically you put them in the middle of the trailer, tell no one and the truck never stops. Trailer is always attached to the truck and truck always has someone in it. TEAMS on everything, even loads that aren't teams lanes.

An LTL provider doesn't do that. Trailer changes hands, sits in lots, pallets get cross docked maybe 6 times etc. I sincerely doubt firearms were ever a large part of their business. Firearm parts - maybe. This is grandstanding.

Me

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Never heard of her

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well then, SAIA Nara MFers! Go Woke Go broke.

A bowhunter at heart but a gun guy at soul. I'll take craftsmanship, wood and blue steel over plastic and composite any day.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
In other breaking news, I am announcing that I will no longer attend the Democratic National Convention.

IC B3

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
And here I thought ragheads liked guns, stupid me.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Now that’s some real news Paul.

Black Cows Matter!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
In other breaking news, I am announcing that I will no longer attend the Democratic National Convention.

Who's going to be headline speaker now after Kamala's show and tell slide show?

A bowhunter at heart but a gun guy at soul. I'll take craftsmanship, wood and blue steel over plastic and composite any day.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

The friggin' attention whore strikes again.

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I would be willing to bet there are a few trucking companies in this country who would love to get the business of hauling guns from the manufacturers to the distributors... SAIA isn't the only game in town by a long shot...

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I have done work for this company years back , pretty sure they are Mexican owned

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by EFHutton
I have done work for this company years back , pretty sure they are Mexican owned

Nope.

Founded in Louisiana in 1924, sold to Preston Trucking in '87 and then bought by Yellow in '93 (along with subsidiaries). It's basically a mix of mergers and subsidiary buying (Jevic bought then sold etc). Public company on NASDAQ now.

Me

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant

I had big plans to attend, can’t go if you don’t!!

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
I saw the usual high number of trucks on the interstate today . The truck stops were full in both truck parking and regular parking. There’s no crisis with goods being moved. Fuel is high but that’s it. I was in three different states.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
I saw the usual high number of trucks on the interstate today . The truck stops were full in both truck parking and regular parking. There’s no crisis with goods being moved. Fuel is high but that’s it. I was in three different states.

LOmf’nL.

Link?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

384 members (160user, 264mag, 22250rem, 01Foreman400, 257 mag, 2500HD, 32 invisible), 2,202 guests, and 1,033 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,508
Posts18,490,676
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.