Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 280shooter
Rumor is that venom travels to the scrotal area.

Thank you very little.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
High Noon, Regarding your stun gun experiment….the way it’s done according to the things I’ve read while researching the efficacy of stun guns for neutralizing venom is attaching wire leads to each probe and placing one lead above and one lead below the bite so as to draw the current through the wound. From there the shocks were administered in a “wagon wheel” layout. Several (6 or 8) shocks are then administered in the circular pattern of a wagon wheel.

It was more than a simple single shock so you might wanna look into it more before subjecting yourself to sadistic torture.

I do wish you the best and I hope you’re dermatologist can fix you up.
sadistic torture?

little legtricity ain't never hurt nobody.

Wanna make a bet? 😁.

One evening we got a call to a “possible electrocution” way out in the sticks. My rig was first on scene so we made entry to assess the patient. There were 2 males about mid 60’s in age and they were both smaller guys that looked like blue collar workers that spent their free time holding down a barstool, eating whatever microwave food they or the tavern had on hand and not worrying about house keeping since their single wide was “well lived in”. It seems that Einstein #1 had put a frozen burrito in the microwave but after a minute he smelled electrical burning and rather than stop and unplug the microwave for repair he didn’t want to interrupt the gourmet meal from cooking so he jammed a butter knife into whatever spot Einstein #1 thought a butter knife should be jammed in order to stop the electric from frying. As expected Einstein #1 got zapped and couldn’t let go but he was able to speak in tongues. Einstein #2 was able to interpret the mutterings of Einstein #1 and grabbed hold of his buddy to break the hold the electricity had only to get shocked as well. Ultimately it blew out 2 or 3 fingertips on Einstein #1 and caused Einstein #2 to wet himself. We airlifted Einstein #1 since the current went in his right hand and crossed his chest (heart, etc) blowing out the fingertips on his left hand. Einstein’s fingertips didn’t bleed because they were instantly cauterized by the voltage. 😁

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
99% of "spider bites" are staff infections.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Valsdad
High Noon, Regarding your stun gun experiment….the way it’s done according to the things I’ve read while researching the efficacy of stun guns for neutralizing venom is attaching wire leads to each probe and placing one lead above and one lead below the bite so as to draw the current through the wound. From there the shocks were administered in a “wagon wheel” layout. Several (6 or 8) shocks are then administered in the circular pattern of a wagon wheel.

It was more than a simple single shock so you might wanna look into it more before subjecting yourself to sadistic torture.

sadistic torture?

little legtricity ain't never hurt nobody.

Wanna make a bet? 😁.

One evening we got a call to a “possible electrocution” way out in the sticks. My rig was first on scene so we made entry to assess the patient. There were 2 males about mid 60’s in age and they were both smaller guys that looked like blue collar workers that spent their free time holding down a barstool, eating whatever microwave food they or the tavern had on hand and not worrying about house keeping since their single wide was “well lived in”. It seems that Einstein #1 had put a frozen burrito in the microwave but after a minute he smelled electrical burning and rather than stop and unplug the microwave for repair he didn’t want to interrupt the gourmet meal from cooking so he jammed a butter knife into whatever spot Einstein #1 thought a butter knife should be jammed in order to stop the electric from frying. As expected Einstein #1 got zapped and couldn’t let go but he was able to speak in tongues. Einstein #2 was able to interpret the mutterings of Einstein #1 and grabbed hold of his buddy to break the hold the electricity had only to get shocked as well. Ultimately it blew out 2 or 3 fingertips on Einstein #1 and caused Einstein #2 to wet himself. We airlifted Einstein #1 since the current went in his right hand and crossed his chest (heart, etc) blowing out the fingertips on his left hand. Einstein’s fingertips didn’t bleed because they were instantly cauterized by the voltage. 😁

DUDE!

TMI.

we really need a sarcasm font or something, I was just jokin'

I think H N's nekkid on the lawn protocol might be just the ticket. He should be sure to warn the neighbors to bring the chillins in first though.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by High_Noon
I went to the doc. She and I both agreed that it's probably not a BR bite - mainly b/c it's the 3rd day and it is not as bad as it would be if it was a BR bite and b/c it didn't blister. She said it was very likely a spider bite, but even if they did a biopsy, it wouldn't be definitive as to whether or not it was a BR that bit me.

She prescribed a strong Steroid cream and an antibiotic ointment. Also said I should take an antihistamine twice daily.

I asked her about the stun gun treatment and she was unfamiliar with it. So, I haven't decided if I will tase myself yet - meebe if it gets worse.
Sounds like good news.
👍

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell
99% of "spider bites" are staff infections.
Are you speaking from experience in that your staff has been bitten or infected? Sounds painful - do tell.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Thanks Aces. I will look into that and now that you mention it, I seem to remember reading something similar in a post here on the fire when it was first discussed some time ago.

Doc said the meds she prescribed should take care of the problem and I should begin to see results in 2 or 3 days. If it gets worse, I will seriously consider the taser treatment. As of now I am feeling no discomfort other than occasional mild itching. I am aware the bite is there but it's currently only a mild nuisance. Thanks again.

Last edited by High_Noon; 06/08/22.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Otter
Check out this website:
https://www.badspiderbites.com/spider-bite-treatment/

About 15 years ago I was bit by a brown recluse on my stomach and was referred to this website by a fellow Gun Club member maybe a week before the bite. Bite site was almost black and about 1/16th inch diameter. The surrounding area was turning red fairly quickly and actually was spreading along my veins up to my shoulder then down my arm. I felt "flu-ie", nauseous and fatigued. I did the Dexamethasone treatment as outlined on the website and it worked pretty quickly (for me, anyhow, YMMV).

As it turned out, he was/is the "Gerald" who gives his story in the website text and he had come to see me so I could take a current picture for his Gun Club badge and somehow we got to talking about spider bites. Also, our Club President at the time is married to a Vet and she agreed the small amount of Dex would do no harm to me and if it would work, good for me. Of course, my bite happened on a weekend . . .
Thanks, Otter. Great info. I appreciate the link as well.

- Del Gue
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Maybe its a tumor!

Life (and forums) is like a box of animal crackers----There's a Jackass in every box
IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I hate it when my staff gets infected.

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AZmark
Maybe its a tumor!
Not funny.

- Del Gue
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
If somebody is getting infected by his/her staff, there's probably a sexual harassment lawsuit over the horizon! Remember- - - -herpes is forever, and possibly monkey pox!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
The spider bite is looking better today after application of the medicine.

Probably a good idea to see the Dr anyway. Better safe than sorry.

Thanks to everyone for their recommendations & advice.

Last edited by High_Noon; 06/09/22.

- Del Gue
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

627 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1100mag, 10gaugeman, 01Foreman400, 64 invisible), 18,953 guests, and 1,374 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,981
Posts18,540,068
Members74,053
Most Online21,066

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.