Page 1 of 2 1 2
J
JD730 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
J
Greetings!

I live in New York, but will be attending a family event In July that will include driving from Butte Mt to Seattle. Any guns shops I should plan on visiting song the way?

Oh, and food recommendations are always appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A little out of your way, but Jackson Armory in Dallas is worth a look…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
That's just outside of Big Timber isn't it?

I am MAGA.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

laugh laugh

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Thats a shame. Because two good shops/manufacturers in Big Timber. A bit out of the way lol

Stop at Black Sheep in CDA, ID

IC B2

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Is the Axman in Missoula still heavily armed?

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
JD730: Back track a bit from Butte, Montana (go east young man, go east!) to the gunshop in Ennis, Montana.
They still have some amazing guns from 3 different large estates that came into the shop late last year - I personally bought more than 20 (twenty) guns from them since those amazing collections came in.
The gunshops name is Shedhorn Sports and they have an active and up to date website that lists all their current guns in inventory.
LINK: https://www.shedhorn.com/

The when in East Spokane, Washington be sure to stop at Northwest Collector Guns and Pawn - right off of I-90 at the Pines exit (head south on Pines - on the left after 8 blocks or so).
LINK: http://www.nwpawnandcollectorarms.com/

Come on fellow CampFirers (shrapnel, jum conrad & kennymouser!) the guy is asking a serious question and wants serious advice - do any of you have that in you?
SHEESH!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Seattle itself has legislated gun shops out of existence but the surrounding towns have not.

From north to south:

DJ's Sport Shop in Bothell has thousands of used guns: regular old working-man stuff plus collectible Winchesters, Colts and S&W revolvers, etc. Some current production stuff but not much. Sometimes they have used reloading gear, but it's a pawn shop so caveat emptor. If I could only visit one on this list, then this would be it.

Adventure Sports in Lynwood has a lot of higher-end current production stuff plus a smart selection of reloading gear and optics.

In Bellevue, West Coast Armory and Wade's both have ranges and a good selection of black rifles, suppressors, optics, and current production handguns. Not much in the used cases at either place, though.

Pinto's in Renton is a lot like DJ's. If I could only visit two, this would be second on the list. Heavy on history plus a deep bench of reloading gear and components.

Ben's Loan in Renton has a good selection of current production stuff plus some interesting older stuff from time to time.

Federal Way Discount Guns in Federal Way has a range and a shop with a wide selection of current production stuff, suppressors, and optics. Used racks are kinda thin but they get interesting pieces now and then.

Okie John

Originally Posted by Brad
If Montana had a standing army, a 270 Win with Federal Blue Box 130's would be the standard issue.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Is the Axman in Missoula still heavily armed?

Yes, and fair prices nice guys in the shop. I was in there last week. It is across Town from I 90 but if you have time would be a good stop. Closer to the highway is Selway Armory and Sportsmans warehouse and in the middle of town if you’re going to Axman you can stop at Scheels

The never-ending flight
Of future days.
Paradise Lost. Book ii. Line 221
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by okie john
Seattle itself has legislated gun shops out of existence but the surrounding towns have not.

From north to south:

DJ's Sport Shop in Bothell has thousands of used guns: regular old working-man stuff plus collectible Winchesters, Colts and S&W revolvers, etc. Some current production stuff but not much. Sometimes they have used reloading gear, but it's a pawn shop so caveat emptor. If I could only visit one on this list, then this would be it.

Adventure Sports in Lynwood has a lot of higher-end current production stuff plus a smart selection of reloading gear and optics.

Okie John
+1

DJ's usually will also have a few Coopers on the wall to look over. Best not to visit on Saturday's as you'll likely be parking on the street...

It's you and the bullet, and all the rest is secondary.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If the OP is interested in Coopers, their company and showroom are located about 50 minutes south of the I 90 exit in Missoula. Go on Highway 93 1 mile past Stevensville, it’s on the left.

The never-ending flight
Of future days.
Paradise Lost. Book ii. Line 221
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Swing over to Ennis and hit Shedhorn Sports

As others have said, Axemen in Missoula.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Another hit for http://www.nwpawnandcollectorarms.com/
Keith is a good guy. Always has good prices too.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Skagit Arms in Burlington - just off the 5 Freeway. On Whidbey Island - Pacific Indoor Tactical in Oak Harbor. Vast handgun selection + indoor range + firearm rentals.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I bought a really nice set up from Pinto's online. Rifle, dies, bullets, empty brass, hang tag, etc.

if I was in the area I'd probably stop there because I was treated so well in the process.

https://pintosguns.com/

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
East County Guns in Coeur d'alene, Idaho.

The owner, Andy, is a good dude.

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
U gotta think about visiting the center of the universe……..

There is a Brewery and good food on the other side of the highway uphill.
Wallace ID.

Last edited by Angus1895; 06/09/22.

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Stopped by Northwest Pony Express in C’DA a few years ago, nice gun shop! Not sure if they’re still around.

Last edited by 3dtestify; 06/10/22.
J
JD730 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
J
Thanks everyone!

We are planning a stop in Wallace and will be spending the night in Coeur D'alene. This looks like a great list. I will be in Butte for several days so I will also plan a side trip to Ennis for Shedhorn.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
1) DJs
2) Pintos
3) Ben's loan

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

519 members (10Glocks, 219 Wasp, 21, 1minute, 1OntarioJim, 50 invisible), 2,394 guests, and 1,198 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,432
Posts18,489,277
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.