Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
https://www.infowars.com/posts/mom-...bout-letting-me-defend-myself-from-evil/

"The mother of a 19-year-old man who was shot and killed in a senseless act of violence condemned lawmakers’ efforts to further restrict firearms, arguing she deserves the right to defend herself from evil.

Speaking before a House Oversight and Reform Committee hearing on gun control Wednesday, Lucretia Hughes, a member of DC Project – Women For Gun Rights, testified that despite losing her son to so-called gun violence she is not in favor of infringing on the Second Amendment."
Hughes described to the Committee the moments she learned her son had been killed at a party.

“Our 19 year old son Emmanuel went to a party early that night… I found out that he was shot point blank in the head and killed while playing dominoes.”

“A convicted felon killed my son with an illegally obtained gun,” she said.

“Our gun control lobbyists and politicians claim that their policies will save lives and reduce violence,” she said. “Well, those policies did not save my son.”

“The laws being discussed are already implemented in cities across this country. We have decades of evidence proving they do not work.”

“Ten more laws, 2o more laws, 1,000 more won’t make what is already illegal more wrong, or stop criminals from committing these crimes,” the grieving mother added.

“Thoughts and prayers and calls for more gun control isn’t enough… how about letting me defend myself from evil?” she said.

Hughes went on to claim the gun rights lobby was attempting to keep guns out of black people’s hands.

“You don’t think that I’m capable and trustworthy to handle a firearm. You don’t think that the Second Amendment doesn’t apply to people that look like me? And you who are called for more gun controls are the same ones that are calling to defund the police.

“Who is supposed to protect us? We must prepare to be our own first responders, to protect ourselves and our loved ones.

“I am a legal, law-abiding citizen, and I don’t need the government to save me.”

Hughes went on to chastise police in Uvalde, Texas, and Parkland, Florida, for failing to rescue children in a timely manner, and called for a ban on gun-free zones.

“Despite living with the heartache of losing my son on a daily basis, I believe it is our God-given right to defend ourselves from any act of violence,” she stated.

“Making it more difficult, or even more expensive for me and people that look like me and other law abiding citizens will not make us safer. It will embolden the criminals.”

“Gun owners are not the enemies in these gun control policies are not the solution,” she concluded.

Following the mom’s comments, House Democrats proceeded to pass a sweeping gun control bill that would raise the age of semi-automatic rifle purchases to 21.

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 06/10/22.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Truer words were never spoken. I applaud these grieving mother.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I do not disagree with anything she said. She deserves our respect for having said it.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Since when has the gun rights lobby tried to keep firearms out of law abiding minorities?

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I might have missed that Caplock when I went back to reread the partial transcript.

Is this what you are referring to or did she say that in the video?

“Our gun control lobbyists and politicians claim that their policies will save lives and reduce violence,” she said. “Well, those policies did not save my son.”

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 06/10/22.
IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
I might have missed that Caplock when I went back to reread the partial transcript.

Is this what you are referring to or did she say that in the video?

I didn't open the video...this was in the transcript above.

""Hughes went on to claim the gun rights lobby was attempting to keep guns out of black people’s hands.""

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks, I overshot that statement. I think that was a misspeak or misquote by the reporter. She probably said "gun control lobby", but I'll have to go back and listen again.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Caplock
Since when has the gun rights lobby tried to keep firearms out of law abiding minorities?

LOL.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

88 members (308ld, Anaconda, 35, BamBam, 11 invisible), 1,691 guests, and 826 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,744
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.