Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by EdM
My more than successful 30 year career with a major in O&G speaks to my ability as an engineer and, more so, as one that developed young engineers as a manager, many doing well beyond my retirement in 2015. At least 95% posting here would not be accepted in a proper engineering school and that number would drop to 98% after the first semester. Funny chit here from the simpletons.

Then there's that second semester when the physics profs get a hold of them in the well known General Physics weeder course. grin

Physics started the first quarter, and it was just a rehash of high school physics from the year before. No big deal, honestly. The lab writeups were the hardest part, as I was trying to be a perfectionist. In fact, it was lab writeups that were my undoing, eventually moving over to CSc.

Ed, did you have Price for thermo 303? I knew upperclassmen that were hoping he’d die before they had to complete that class to graduate. Probably the strangest class I had there.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
My first university physics course assumed calculus. High school physics assuming a calculus prerequisite I would believe to be uncommon.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dave_in_WV
Sycamore, overspent? Gotta buddy that works at the mines ......

right answer! grin

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Sycamore
lot more railing than WV code calls for! grin

you overspent!

Post a pic of the schit hole you inhabit.

At the risk of appearing insensitive, I will note I live in the mountains of Arizona, not suburban Florida.

Good luck with that.....

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by EdM
My more than successful 30 year career with a major in O&G speaks to my ability as an engineer and, more so, as one that developed young engineers as a manager, many doing well beyond my retirement in 2015. At least 95% posting here would not be accepted in a proper engineering school and that number would drop to 98% after the first semester. Funny chit here from the simpletons.

I sure hope Vagisil came with it, what a fugging tool.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There are those who graduate with an engineering degree and then there are those who graduate with the same degree and then go on to BECOME Engineers.
It’s as simple as that

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Hilarious. The people who couldn’t cut it as an engineer talking about how dumb engineers are.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Metallurgical Engineer here. I am in the steel industry and its crazy how many new Engineers come in and the "Idea Fairy" put an idea in their mind, they bring it up to an operator who tells them it wont work for one reason or another. Then they make the trial take place and they Screw up a 100 ton heat of steel. The operators have no reason to make the idea work and wont help you at all if you force it on them. if you actually spend time with them, ask them what they need, explain your problem, find a solution together and implement the solution then the operators have some skin in the game and want to see it work.

I grew up with a mechanic for a dad and a machinist for an uncle. When I told them I wanted to be an engineer they almost disowned me.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

you overspent!

At the risk of appearing insensitive, I will note I live in the mountains of Arizona, not suburban Florida.

Good luck with that.....

Yet I still do more shooting and outdoor pursuits than your lazy ass.

Amazing, ain't it?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by EdM

Maybe so but my workbench is pretty sweet.

And I built it.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

you overspent!

Good luck with that.....

Yet I still do more shooting and outdoor pursuits than your lazy ass.

Amazing, ain't it?

Florida Man,

Is Uncle Sugar paying for caps you're busting?

Cleaning the pool in the backyard isn't considered an outdoor pursuit in Arizona.

(although I'm sure your high school buddies in Illinois think it is).

Carry on, and keep us updated with the great indoors.

Sycamore

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Colleges crank out thousands of engineers, but a small percentage of them make careers of designing new things that get built.

My contention is that engineers are born and not made... the reason almost all engineers designing are white males or asian males.

I was at a conference of high frequency power design engineers with 1000 engineers that traveled to Wash DC... there was not much diversity.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I never knew there were so many engineers until I started competitive shooting. I don't think you'll find a greater concentration of engineers anywhere else.

So much for the myth of dumb hicks and guns.

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rlott
I have a bunch of engineer jokes but I worked for this one in my younger days and he was no joking matter.

[Linked Image from history.navy.mil]

My uncle married a gal whose dad worked fr Rickover. He said that when he went into Rickover's office for his first interview with him, he was told to sit in a chair placed before the Admiral's desk. He sat in the chair and found that the front legs of the chair had been cut so that the chair felt like it was trying to pitch you out on your face. I suppose it was meant to make the interviewee feel uncomfortable or some such. Interesting interviewing technique.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sounds like a few engineers on this site got their manginas a bit tweaked over this thread... I get the feeling a lot of them think becoming an engineer is right up there with the Greatest Quest known to man and only a select few can make the grade from their comments. Relax guys, any worthwhile endeavor takes a lot of effort and discipline to accomplish and engineering isn't the only difficult field represented on this site....

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Originally Posted by rlott
I have a bunch of engineer jokes but I worked for this one in my younger days and he was no joking matter.

[Linked Image from history.navy.mil]

My uncle married a gal whose dad worked fr Rickover. He said that when he went into Rickover's office for his first interview with him, he was told to sit in a chair placed before the Admiral's desk. He sat in the chair and found that the front legs of the chair had been cut so that the chair felt like it was trying to pitch you out on your face. I suppose it was meant to make the interviewee feel uncomfortable on some such. Interesting interviewing technique.

I’ve heard the same from some nuke guys.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
My reading comprehension almost as bad as my writing, but did I just read that 98% of "y'all" are simpletons?

grin

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Sheister
. . . any worthwhile endeavor takes a lot of effort and discipline to accomplish and engineering isn't the only difficult field represented on this site....

Lol. Now look who’s mangina got bent.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Anyone who has worked in any industry has stories of great engineers, good engineers, and simpletons with a degree.

In our company, all the great engineers go on to become factory managers. Then they get to learn how to manage a workforce. Our best engineers were popular with the production crews as they spent time on the floor and asked for input from the operators.

Our worst always made it obvious that they were far too smart to hear an operator.

I was on the loading dock one day when "Special Ed" the engineer came in. The loading dock door was shut and locked, but Ed pushed the button to elevate the hydraulic leveling plate under the door anyway.

All I could do was stand and watch as he physically ripped the locks out of the Overhead Door. Then he lowered the dock plate, pulled the door down closed, and did it again.

My supervisor about lost his mind when I called and requested a service call from Overhead Door.

Our present plant manager is a gorgeous 29 year old blond lady originally hired as a packaging engineer. She is smart as a whip. Listens to experienced operators. Gives clear instructions. Gets in and gets her hands dirty. And brooks no nonsense.

But she is California born and raised. She will not let us kill pigeons, feral cats, or rock chucks on the property anymore. Ah Hell, nobody is perfect.

But she is about as close as I have worked for in forty some years at this location.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by shinbone
Originally Posted by Sheister
. . . any worthwhile endeavor takes a lot of effort and discipline to accomplish and engineering isn't the only difficult field represented on this site....

Lol. Now look who’s mangina got bent.

Assuming something I didn't imply bone head? I surely wasn't talking about myself, but a simpleton like you might assume that...

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

399 members (1Longbow, 17CalFan, 160user, 10ring1, 219DW, 10Glocks, 35 invisible), 2,005 guests, and 1,146 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,124
Posts18,483,748
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.