Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by deflave
What kinda bike?

Probably a Rukus.

I saw a guy on what looked like a stretched Ruckus the other day. Is that something people do?

There's a huge modded Ruckus community out there. Saw a parade of a hundred or so here in NOLA a few years ago.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What kinda bike?

Probably a Rukus.

The only thing sillier than a Rukus is a Polaris Slingshot.

Just man up and get a proper bike - even if it is only a Harley.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
was coming home from downtown about 3 weeks ago and passed a motorcycle accident that had just happened. No police were there yet.

3 women were around the guy and I heard one begging him to respond to them. Looks like he got sideswiped and hit a concrete lane divider.

I just googled to see if there was any info on it, - no deaths reported anyways

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
A dead guy convinced me to stop riding motorcycles. I was riding mine on the approach to the SF Bay Bridge, Oakland side (the maze, for those who know the area) and hit a nasty traffic jam. I was able to ride my bike through traffic and came across the reason for the traffic...guy on a Harley, bike on the ground, the guy had his entire foot severed and laying next to him and his head was twisted like an owl's, with a big stream of blood coming out of his face. The eyes were just staring out there and I couldn't stop looking. Sold my bike shortly thereafter and never had the desire for another since.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Being on the local rural fire department I have seen lots of ugly. Responded to truck v motorcycle on a stretch of road with 2 lane traffic and 65 MPH speed limits. Being the first on scene I came upon an ugly highway full of truck and motorcycle parts. The truck and cycle were totaled. Looking around for the victim I saw him sitting on a guardrail smoking a cigarette. Had a little road rash on one knee.

IC B2

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I'm lucky, I've never seen a body that was not in a casket.

Ride the bikes if you like men, but do so carefully.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by stuvwxyz
Being on the local rural fire department I have seen lots of ugly. Responded to truck v motorcycle on a stretch of road with 2 lane traffic and 65 MPH speed limits. Being the first on scene I came upon an ugly highway full of truck and motorcycle parts. The truck and cycle were totaled. Looking around for the victim I saw him sitting on a guardrail smoking a cigarette. Had a little road rash on one knee.

lucky duck

should'a went & bought some power ball tickets later

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by stuvwxyz

I might have lit up one for each hand, were I in his shoes.....

Sic Semper Tyrannis
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Saw a sports bike take a curve too wide on the Shenandoah mountain. He’d just passed me and the ol man in the straights right before the mountain flat rolling. Old man said, that boys going to get killed. Sure enough 60 seconds later he did.
[bleep] up thing. His brother was riding right behind him.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Worst thing I ever drove up on was one Halloween evening I was out for dinner with my girl friend and passed a terrible scene. A girl had tried to cross the road and ran between a pickup and a trailer it was pulling. My headlights was right on her laying on the road cut in half with the halves six feet apart connected only by her intestines. Shook me up pretty good for the evening as I had never seen such a thing.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Did not see it, but Cookie and I once drove up to what appeared to be an exploded Corvette. It had been the trailing rig in a train of three. Rigs two and three both initialized passing and the Vette ran off into a lane of roadside maples. Bad deal.

1Minute
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I was behind a coworker on our way home after work one afternoon when two boys pulled out in front of her on a motorcycle , she hit them broadside, I pulled over and checked on her , then ran across the highway to check on the boys , all they were wearing that afternoon was a pair of cut off jeans and tennis shoes. They were laying about 60 ft apart, I’ll never forget the sights and sounds.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I worked as a paramedic for 14 years. I am mostly trying to forget this stuff.

I will say, girlfriend has a nice rental house, we were down there one December day talking to the tenant. He told us that he was in liver failure and doc gave him six months to live. But, doc had told him not to worry, that when April rolled around, he would get the liver from a young buck killed in a motorcycle accident.

Sure enough in April the hospital at Duke called him and told him a 22 year old was killed in a motorcycle crash. Told him to get his ass down to Durham, and quickly. His wife drove him down to Duke and he got the liver, it worked great and a year later when he moved out he was doing fine.

ps I have had 5 bikes, from a Honda Scrambler 175, to a BMW R100. Totalled 2 of 'em and both times, I don't know how, walked away without a scratch. I was lucky. Good Lord are motorcycles dangerous.

J
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
Bikes vs. almost anything else doesn’t usually end well for the bike or the rider!

A friend of mine, just back from Nam proved that by hitting a Stop sign. Left him a paraplegic.

“My horn is full and my pouch is stocked with ball and patch. There is a new, sharp flint in my lock and my rifle and I are ready. It is sighted true and my eyes can still aim.”
Kaywoodie
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sixty percent of Ninja buyers are dead within 6 months of purchase.

Don't think I want a Ninja.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
A destroyed one.

This is no time for Harley jokes.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Following a Texaco tank truck back in the day during a snowstorm at night. Suddenly 'something' came out from under the truck in 3 pieces. My buddy, the driver turned to me and asked" was that what I think it was?" Yep. Truck stopped of course, we stopped...HP showed up shortly. Drunk groid decided to nap on the highway since it wasn't busy in the storm.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
I worked as a paramedic for 14 years. I am mostly trying to forget this stuff.

I will say, girlfriend has a nice rental house, we were down there one December day talking to the tenant. He told us that he was in liver failure and doc gave him six months to live. But, doc had told him not to worry, that when April rolled around, he would get the liver from a young buck killed in a motorcycle accident.

Sure enough in April the hospital at Duke called him and told him a 22 year old was killed in a motorcycle crash. Told him to get his ass down to Durham, and quickly. His wife drove him down to Duke and he got the liver, it worked great and a year later when he moved out he was doing fine.

ps I have had 5 bikes, from a Honda Scrambler 175, to a BMW R100. Totalled 2 of 'em and both times, I don't know how, walked away without a scratch. I was lucky. Good Lord are motorcycles dangerous.
A local Dr./Coroner called Summertime "Organ Donor Season".

Wag more, bark less.

The freedoms we surrender today will be the freedoms our grandchildren will never know existed.

The men who wrote the Second Amendment didn't just finish a hunting trip, they just finished liberating a nation.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by kingston
What kinda bike?

Probably a Rukus.

I saw a guy on what looked like a stretched Ruckus the other day. Is that something people do?

Jesus Christ.

Pull your cock holster off Beaver every year or two. Check the news.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
There are too many Asian drivers in Washington to risk riding a motorcycle. 😁

Rye u so rassis?

Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

527 members (22250rem, 1badf350, 160user, 10Glocks, 219 Wasp, 222Sako, 47 invisible), 2,150 guests, and 1,201 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,232
Posts18,504,391
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.