Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by plumbum
Originally Posted by TheKid
Kinda like Huntsman’s saying about everybody wants to do cowboy stuff until it’s time to do cowboy stuff.

Everybody wants to live in the country until the neighbors want to do country stuff. Oh no! My neighbors have a goat or a coon hound. Oh no! The neighbors shoot cans out behind their barn while I was trying to take a nap after my bubble bath. Oh goodness! Those pesky neighbors have chickens and ducks. The nerve of some people! Those hicks were working on a pickup out in front of their house.

I know let’s elect a bunch of dogooder Karens into a more restrictive government than the already restrictive state, federal, and local governments we pretend to hate so we can teach them a lesson. Good call

If I move in next to the Clampetts, that is on me.

I should be able to move into a place where I do not have to worry about the Clampetts moving in next to me.

Some folks don't want to live next to a flea-ridden junkyard with baying hounds.

HOA's exist for a reason, and people put up with them for a reason.

Maybe baying hounds running all over the place don't bother you, just like ghetto POS loud car music doesn't bother those playing it. I don't want others disturbing my peaceful enjoyment and I won't disturb theirs. HOA's are the only sure way to maintain status-quo.

I don't live in one, and I don't like them, but I know why they exist.
For pussies that want to live "in the country" but don't really want to "live" in the country.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Kinda like Huntsman’s saying about everybody wants to do cowboy stuff until it’s time to do cowboy stuff.

Everybody wants to live in the country until the neighbors want to do country stuff. Oh no! My neighbors have a goat or a coon hound. Oh no! The neighbors shoot cans out behind their barn while I was trying to take a nap after my bubble bath. Oh goodness! Those pesky neighbors have chickens and ducks. The nerve of some people! Those hicks were working on a pickup out in front of their house.

I know let’s elect a bunch of dogooder Karens into a more restrictive government than the already restrictive state, federal, and local governments we pretend to hate so we can teach them a lesson. Good call

I should be able to move into a place where I do not have to worry about the Clampetts moving in next to me.

Some folks don't want to live next to a flea-ridden junkyard with baying hounds.

Maybe baying hounds running all over the place don't bother you, just like ghetto POS loud car music doesn't bother those playing it. I don't want others disturbing my peaceful enjoyment and I won't disturb theirs. HOA's are the only sure way to maintain status-quo.

Is it only hillbilly types that can’t move in next to you or does it apply to blacks, Mexicans, and Indians too?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A lot to be said for sweeping your own front porch

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
For those considering moving into an area with an HOA....................

read this book first:

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/609731.The_Association

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag

For pussies that want to live "in the country" but don't really want to "live" in the country.

There is an awful lot of real estate in between civilization and third world trash heap hound dog hookworm squalor. It is not one or the other. Your efforts to equate manliness exclusively to the above is interesting, but a failure.

You know HOA's are voluntary, right? They are no threat to anybody unless one is a slob who cannot read real estate documents. Sweeping a porch and living cleanly and quietly does not make somebody a pussy. Neither does wanting a neighbor who does the same.

HOA's exist for a reason, probably including dealing with people who think living cleanly and quietly is only for pussies.

Last edited by plumbum; 06/13/22.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tedthorn
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by ShaunRyan
What is this HOA of which you speak?

An insurance policy against this becoming your neighbor.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I would take that over any HOA
+1000

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Y'all have heard the names of different groups of critters, right.

A gaggle of geese

A murder of crows.

well, here's a new one for you....................

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

There is an awful lot of real estate in between civilization and third world trash heap hound dog hookworm squalor. It is not one or the other. Your efforts to equate manliness exclusively to the above is interesting, but a failure.

You know HOA's are voluntary, right? They are no threat to anybody unless one is a slob who cannot read real estate documents. Sweeping a porch and living cleanly and quietly does not make somebody a pussy. Neither does wanting a neighbor who does the same.

HOA's exist for a reason, probably including dealing with people who think living cleanly and quietly is only for pussies.
Sweeping ones own porch means minding ones own business, nothing to do w being "clean".

Yep voluntary which is why I volunteer to not buy in an HOA development.

One can live clean and quiet in one and still be in violation. Vehicles, boats/trailers, paint colors, plants, gardens, have to have certain styles of mailboxes, can't work on a vehicle in the driveway.....the list goes on.

Last edited by 10gaugemag; 06/13/22.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Sweeping ones own porch means minding ones own business, nothing to do w being "clean".

Yep voluntary which is why I volunteer to not buy in an HOA development.

One can live clean and quiet in one and still be in violation. Vehicles, boats/trailers, paint colors, plants, gardens, have to have certain styles of mailboxes, can't work on a vehicle in the driveway.....the list goes on.

And God forbid you want to play Edgar Winter's Frankenstein, loud, on the patio speakers, at 9pm.

In it is contentment

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Slob neighbors will eventually get enough of their 28" tires going flat and their pit bulls chowing down on antifreeze-laced hot dog snacks, and find somewhere else to live.

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
IC B3

P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P

Is it only hillbilly types that can’t move in next to you or does it apply to blacks, Mexicans, and Indians too?

As long as they are clean and quiet, I don't care who moves in.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Why would anyone want to "get back at a HOA"?

Anyone moving into a subdivision would have got a copy of the covenants before moving so they knew the rules going in. Don't like it don't move there.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

This post fairly well captures the matter - don't join a HOA (buy the property) if you don't wish to abide by the covenants and elect sensible officers to run the HOA. We had decent covenants and a sensible HOA setup at outset - it went cockeyed - we worked to fix it and did.

Overall, it is an exercise in human community. If you don't want neighbors, locate accordingly. If you choose to have neighbors, the community is going to be what the combo of all property owners make it - whether or not you have the HOA. In almost all jurisdictions, the HOA is a quasi corporation defined by laws and its rules can be revised - even abandoned - and the covenants can be revised by some sort of a majority agreement by landowners. Requires cooperative effort by the members.

Most of the time, the factual existence of the HOA is not a problem - the problems derive from improper and/or "illegal" behavior - either neighbors violating the covenants or HOA leaders doing bad stuff - or BOTH. By and large, the nature and quality of the community is determined by the principles of the residents - in older times by cooperative understandings - in more recent times by quasi legal entities.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Yep.

Yup

MAGA
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Please define "clean" and "quiet"?

In it is contentment

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Homosexual.

MAGA
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

Homosexual.

Black?

Mexican?

Irish?

In it is contentment

P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P

I use the ordinary dictionary definitions, there for you to find.

Last edited by plumbum; 06/13/22.
P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

Homosexual.

Black?

Mexican?

Irish?

What about them?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Cluggins
Originally Posted by OlderGuy54
I don't know why anyone would willingly invite more government control into their lives, that's their choice.

Welcome back Scott.

Good catch. It's Steelhead no doubt.

Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (007FJ, 17CalFan, 160user, 12344mag, 16penny, 01Foreman400, 62 invisible), 2,437 guests, and 1,228 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,655
Posts18,493,483
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.