Print Thread
Hop To
L
LouisB Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
How many here had vacation/travel plans this summer that included Yellowstone?

Hunting or other plans that included the areas damaged by the floodwaters.

Last edited by LouisB; 06/15/22.

Some spelling errors can be corrected by a vowel movement.
~ MOLON LABE ~
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There will doubtfully be much effect for hunters, maybe a little Spring Bear access.

But the bulk of the gulkers viewing the west through the windshields of their motor homes will just bump up to Glacier Park and swamp the roads and campground's.

Look out Kalispell, their changing plans!

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The panhandlers will adjust accordingly

Although there were a few already in Kalispell

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Stayed at Yellowstone lake over Memorial day and got 5 inches of snow. Have another reservation there over Labor day. It's at the south end of the park so hopefully I will be ok.

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by JeffA
There will doubtfully be much effect for hunters, maybe a little Spring Bear access.

But the bulk of the gulkers viewing the west through the windshields of their motor homes will just bump up to Glacier Park and swamp the roads and campground's.

Look out Kalispell, their changing plans!

I wish glacier was shut down instead. Fuuuuuuûck. Like it wasn’t insane already

MAGA
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
North end prob closed for the summer as per reports.....

Tourists with plans cancelled.......

Hope they go to Kalifornia......maybe Vermont.....

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I hear Utah is beautiful. And wide the [bleep] open. Truly they need to up their game in pursuit of the touron dollar.

MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
After going through Yellowstone a couple years ago on our way back from a family reunion in North Dakota I swore I would never go again. The traffic was absolutel insane, every car wanted to stop for every wild animal they saw- didn't matter if it was an antelope , elk, buffalo , or whatever.. saw plenty of idiot getting out of their cars to get pictures close to feeding buffalo and elk, and no where at all to park and take a break. Finally found a spot to pull off next to some picnic tables and as soon as we settled down for lunch a family of Asians asked to share the picnic table so we had company for lunch. They were really nice people and asked a ton of questions, but not a place I will ever go again for a relaxing drive (or any other reason) Almost like opening day of hunting season in some units...

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
No...........not at all

Utah makes enough off their state store liquor sale from residents

Then the gasoline tax is one of the highest in the USA

Tourons beat up the roads.....waste water......toss trash along Hwy 12

Vermont is green & lush......try there

https://www.vermontvacation.com/

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tikkanut
North end prob closed for the summer as per reports.....
My guess is longer than this summer.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I bet there are loads of disappointed Chinks and dot Indians, if the crowd when I was there lat is any indication.

CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Was there the week after Memorial day. Had a pretty good time, crowds were not too bad yet. Wife got her fix, should be good for another 25 years.
laugh

Arcus Venator
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Took a drive up the valley today, the northern and eastern entrances are wrecked. Next year at earliest, most likely quite a bit later.
Imagine the environmental impact studies required now a days to put in a road next to the Gardiner river. In a national park.
Luckily the southern and western entrances should be all good.
Unless you live in those towns, of course.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by TheSOB
Stayed at Yellowstone lake over Memorial day and got 5 inches of snow. Have another reservation there over Labor day. It's at the south end of the park so hopefully I will be ok.

What we hear here is that the Northern entrances to the park will be closed for a long time- at,least until next year but the southern end will be ready to go fairly soon. The ones I usually use are Silver Gate and Gardiner and I will have to travel too far to go in from the Tetons . I think Cody will stay close awhile longer and West Yellowstone.
If the gas wasn't so high I would probably give it a try.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord
The panhandlers will adjust accordingly

Although there were a few already in Kalispell

The worst panhandlers are in Yellowstone. Delaware North took over concessions from Hamilton Stores several years ago in an unprecedented takeover. I worked in and around Yellowstone for over 50 years and still regard the whole concession transfer as an American Travesty.

Of course, few people are aware of what happens behind the scenes, but personally, I will be happy to see Delaware North, suffer the loss of revenue, as they took over as a monetary extraction business for the sake of profit, with little regard for Yellowstone or it’s colorful history…

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kennymauser
Originally Posted by TheSOB

What we hear here is that the Northern entrances to the park will be closed for a long time- at,least until next year but the southern end will be ready to go fairly soon. The ones I usually use are Silver Gate and Gardiner and I will have to travel too far to go in from the Tetons . I think Cody will stay close awhile longer and West Yellowstone.
If the gas wasn't so high I would probably give it a try.

But are they going to let the park fill with people coming in from the south with only one way out?

Congestion would get nightmarish quickly let alone evacuation in the event of some natural or man made disaster.

I think they should just lock it up for a summer.
The game could use a break and I'm sure the Bison would find something other than stupid tourists to play with.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Had to run into Jackson on Tuesday. 8 miles of bumper to bumper slow crawl traffic. County fairgrounds opened up for dry camping for folks displaced by the closure. Grand Teton NP will be even more of a sh-it show and feel for folks that planned for their once in a lifetime trip.

Last edited by Razz; 06/16/22.

There's 2 dates they carve on your tombstone.
Everyone knows what they mean.
What's more important is time that is known
as the little dash inbetween.

Razz
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by JeffA
I think they should just lock it up for a summer.
The game could use a break and I'm sure the Bison would find something other than stupid tourists to play with.

Agree.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

618 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 1eyedmule, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 48 invisible), 2,445 guests, and 1,333 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,834
Posts18,478,050
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.