G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by auk1124
Evil Black Cop Killer Bullets.

[Linked Image from upload.wikimedia.org]

What I carry in my Delta Elite/Wilson custom shop. The county I used to live in had the distinction of having the very first fatality with LEO’s using Black Talons. My friend was our sheriff. Winchester contacted him and requested information and a copy of the post mortem x-Ray of the bad guy…telling my friend they were the first….

It was a domestic situation with a husband threatening to cut his wife’s throat with a butcher knife. He was told to drop the knife and refused to do so. He moved the blade against her throat like he was going to slice her in two and the deputy shot him in the side of the head, obviously dropping him in an instant.

I got to see the X-Ray. It showed a beautiful typically expanded Black Talon lodged on the other side of the perps thick skull. Just like in the advertisements. Sad way for our little county to make history, but thank God the Deputy was a good shot.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Blue Tape and SWFA scopes

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
i remember back in the 80s seeing Quik Point scopes that looked like a test tube

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Jericho
i remember back in the 80s seeing Quik Point scopes that looked like a test tube

I vividly remember the ads for those with Slim Pickens. Oh how I miss those days. The gun/hunting magazines were fabulous. Not an AR in sight, unless it was in Soldier Of Fortune.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by 257 roberts
I shot the Winchester Fail-safe in my 300 H&H...very accurate
Never used a brake but have had a couple of rifles Magna Ported
Winchester Fail-Safes, renamed because Chucky Schumer got his panties all bunched up when they were called Winchester Black Talons....you know, Chuckie's "Cop Killer" bullets.

IC B2

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
I wish they’d start making gun chaps, again..

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Godogs57,

I’m glad the Black Talon bullet worked on that bad guy for sure, but as devil’s advocate here, unprotected, unarmored head shots are almost always game changers, if not fight stoppers, with most mid to heavier bullets. I’m glad they work for you also. For what it’s worth(maybe nothing) I did testing way back when the Black Talons came out, with 10% ballistic gelatin, wet newspaper, half frozen freezer burnt turkey, milk jugs full of water lined up, etc, etc. While most of the 10 mm/.40 s&w bullets performances were in the pretty desirable to acceptable, there were some that under performed, and I decided against using them. The Black Talons were quite disappointing, and even more so when I placed a piece of denim in front of the medium. They plugged and didn’t expand, and the simulated wound channel damage was quite minimal. The little denim disc I pulled out was neat though. I had great performance with Nosler JHP’s hot rodded to near Cor-Bon velocity, denim or no denim, with a honorable mention to PMC Starfires, Federal Hydra Shoks, and Rem Golden Sabres. This being said, I wouldn’t want to catch any of them! Not second guessing you sir, or trying to stir the old crap pot, just sharing my experience with the Black Talons. Happy Shooting! 😎

Doc_Holidude

Livin ain’t killed me yet, but it’s workin on it!
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
morons who leave the Savage sticker on their new POS rifle

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SCGunNut
Originally Posted by Jericho

I vividly remember the ads for those with Slim Pickens. Oh how I miss those days. The gun/hunting magazines were fabulous. Not an AR in sight, unless it was in Soldier Of Fortune.

Not an AR in sight because there was only one....Colt
And they were $3k in the 80's

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by Swamplord

Same guys.

[Linked Image from supdec.com]

IC B3

G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Doc_Holidude
Godogs57,

I’m glad the Black Talon bullet worked on that bad guy for sure, but as devil’s advocate here, unprotected, unarmored head shots are almost always game changers, if not fight stoppers, with most mid to heavier bullets. I’m glad they work for you also. For what it’s worth(maybe nothing) I did testing way back when the Black Talons came out, with 10% ballistic gelatin, wet newspaper, half frozen freezer burnt turkey, milk jugs full of water lined up, etc, etc. While most of the 10 mm/.40 s&w bullets performances were in the pretty desirable to acceptable, there were some that under performed, and I decided against using them. The Black Talons were quite disappointing, and even more so when I placed a piece of denim in front of the medium. They plugged and didn’t expand, and the simulated wound channel damage was quite minimal. The little denim disc I pulled out was neat though. I had great performance with Nosler JHP’s hot rodded to near Cor-Bon velocity, denim or no denim, with a honorable mention to PMC Starfires, Federal Hydra Shoks, and Rem Golden Sabres. This being said, I wouldn’t want to catch any of them! Not second guessing you sir, or trying to stir the old crap pot, just sharing my experience with the Black Talons. Happy Shooting! 😎

Doc_Holidude

Agree with you…a 22 LR to the skull would produce the same results. I’ve killed deer with Black Talons and Golden Sabres, both working extremely well. I remember the PMC Starfires! Gosh they made a wicked looking bullet when expanded.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Same guys.

Don't forget the guys with the Browning stickers. Or the "Salt Life" sticker in Nebraska

Me

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Teal

Same guys.

Don't forget the guys with the Browning stickers. Or the "Salt Life" sticker in Nebraska

Let us not forget the moronic hanging bull scrotum nor the Calvin peeing stickers. (Not quite sure how we got here.)

Last edited by 5sdad; 06/17/22.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G

Same guys.

How in the hayul could you fergit Yeti stickers?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Godogs57

Same guys.

How in the hayul could you fergit Yeti stickers?

I honestly don't see them all that much.

It's really the top 2 - Browning and Salt Life - then the diesel engine of choice

Me

G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
Dang every country boy here has at least one, usually three, Yeti stickers on his truck.

G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by Godogs57
Dang every country boy here has at least one, usually three, Yeti stickers on his truck.

Yeti coolers are a rednecks Rolex. Neither do anything a lesser priced alternative doesn't already do. They're just to show off to your friends.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Drum magazines do not impress me at all

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
My 280 JDJ shot the Combined Technology moly coated 160 PT’s into bug holes. It was the ONLY Partition that I ever got to shoot accurately in any of my guns, and, don’t think I didn’t try.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
White liners between butt and pistol grip caps, high gloss stock finish.

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

598 members (1936M71, 12344mag, 007FJ, 2500HD, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 64 invisible), 2,245 guests, and 1,236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,670
Posts18,493,756
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.