Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
I have read accounts of junkies who were resuscitated 3 times in one day. Got hopped up at 9am and passed out, rescued by EMS, transported. Walked out of the hospital AMA and at 1 pm zonked out again, this time rescued by cops. At 7 pm, he "died" again but was saved by EMS with the Narcan.

Do you know that it is dangerous to send cops racing across town lights and sirens? Do you know that, sometimes innocent civilians get killed in wrecks with emergency vehicles?

These junkies are deliberately taking this dope because they just don't care. Or maybe they really want to die. Time to quit equipping cops with Narcan.

J
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
I have read accounts of junkies who were resuscitated 3 times in one day. Got hopped up at 9am and passed out, rescued by EMS, transported. Walked out of the hospital AMA and at 1 pm zonked out again, this time rescued by cops. At 7 pm, he "died" again but was saved by EMS with the Narcan.

Do you know that it is dangerous to send cops racing across town lights and sirens? Do you know that, sometimes innocent civilians get killed in wrecks with emergency vehicles?

These junkies are deliberately taking this dope because they just don't care. Or maybe they really want to die. Time to quit equipping cops with Narcan.

Uh, nope.

I am MAGA.
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
What did the fugging guy do? Miami Vice it?

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Uh, nope.

Agreed.

I’m with Jim on this.

MAGA
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

Uh, nope.

Agreed.

I’m with Jim on this.

Cops, EMS, Plugs, Soldiers et. al. are all volunteers, and most of whom get paid for doing what they actually enjoy. Those outside of the clans have no idea of the prevailing mindset. Being involved in bizarre and phugged up situations on a regular basis is kind of fun.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
My partner and I either Narcaned or intubated the SAME POS 4 times in a single 24 hour shift.... Narcan the first 3, just tubed her and ventilated on the way to the ER the last time. They gave her Narcan when we got there, she janked her tube and IV and walled out within an hour. I got an ear chewing from the medical director for not "just giving her Narcan and letting her leave".

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, used up, worn out, bottle of Jim Beam in one hand and a .45 in the other, loudly proclaiming WOW-- What a Ride!"
E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
If youre saving od'ing junkies lives, youre part of the problem. Stop it. Let the worthless losers die. Theyre just gonna steal your catalytic converter if you save them.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by ElAhrairah
If youre saving od'ing junkies lives, youre part of the problem. Stop it. Let the worthless losers die. Theyre just gonna steal your catalytic converter if you save them.

True, same w/ jews, dems, cops, MDs ad nausem. Welcome to the CF, more deep thinkers are needed.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Uh, nope.

Agreed.

I’m with Jim on this.

Rock solid.

As long as they live, there is hope.

Doing nothing when you hold the life saving item in your hand
let's you watch a druggie die.

The guy who walks away committed murder.

Tell me again how you are so much better than that addict?
He makes his stupid decisions through drugs or being dope sick.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

Uh, nope.

Agreed.

I’m with Jim on this.

Rock solid.

The guy who walked away didnt commit murder. The moron that stuck a needle in his arm committed suicide. If you dont care about your own life, dont expect me to care about it on your behalf. Cry me a river with your bleeding heart.

IC B3

J
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
J
The law doesn't see it that way.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Opioids

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Give the junkies all the dope they want- - - -pure and unadulterated, free of charge, and distributed by government sponsored outlets located where they hang out. Just require that they get DNR tattooed on their foreheads in letters 3 inches tall.

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ElAhrairah
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

Uh, nope.

Agreed.

I’m with Jim on this.

Rock solid.

The guy who walked away didnt commit murder. The moron that stuck a needle in his arm committed suicide. If you dont care about your own life, dont expect me to care about it on your behalf. Cry me a river with your bleeding heart.

Tell yourself what you want. Justify how you want.

There is the simple truth that the narcan was all they needed,
And you denied it.

The 18 year old hot rodder put himself upside down in the ditch bleeding.

The hemorrhaging expectant mother is responsible too.
What if (gasp) she didn't want to get pregnant and had a one night stand?

Bleed out you Trash?

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I offered to buy a new rescue vehicle for a fire department if they would discontinue the use of NARCAN, but they said that they couldn't, so they are making due with their existing truck. They said that it was inhumane not to save a life when they could and who am I to argue with that? Maybe the local addicts who they save with NARCAN can pass the hat to fund that new truck that they need.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
I offered to buy a new rescue vehicle for a fire department if they would discontinue the use of NARCAN, but they said that they couldn't, so they are making due with their existing truck. They said that it was inhumane not to save a life when they could and who am I to argue with that? Maybe the local addicts who they save with NARCAN can pass the hat to fund that new truck that they need.

Wow!

You are a model of everything I don’t want to be. You sure showed them.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Originally Posted by 260Remguy

Wow!

You are a model of everything I don’t want to be. You sure showed them.

You never will be me, so you're safe on that count.

The EMTs will continue to save people who overdose, so my choice not to buy them a new truck changed nothing except for the quality of their ride. I only donate to causes that I believe in and I don't believe in enabling addicts.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Fentanyl is why I quit doing coke.

Tom Petty

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Fentanyl is why I quit doing coke.

Tom Petty

Best super bowl halftime show Eva…….

2006’ish

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
How much does the Narcan cost and who pays for it?

Jerry

Minnesota; Land of 10,000 Taxes
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (1Longbow, 219 Wasp, 160user, 17CalFan, 22250rem, 12344mag, 55 invisible), 2,094 guests, and 1,227 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,011
Posts18,481,492
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.