Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Booooo. All he has is Colt. Nothing wrong with that of course, but there ARE some others worth keeping.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by cuznguido
Booooo. All he has is Colt. Nothing wrong with that of course, but there ARE some others worth keeping.

Yep. USFA SAA Revolvers are as good or better than Colts. I’ve owned both. I’d take the USFA.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I figured it would've been some flavor of Smith & Wesson.

I do envy that Colt Long Branch SAA. cool

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by skeen; 06/16/22. Reason: added Talo pic
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by skeen
I figured it would've been some flavor of Smith & Wesson.

I do envy that Colt Long Branch SAA. cool

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Those fire blued screws are pretty when the gun is new and unused. But they fade fast. I'd much prefer the frame screws to match the finish on the gun. wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
OK

A new model Blackhawk w/adj. sights & made w/stainless steel. 44 mag preferably. Second place a 45 Colt w/acp cyl.

I like the Colts or the Colt styled stuff, but a last ditch single action? Make it as versatile as can be for me.

I'll take big time versatility over nostalgia every time. That's just me.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ruger coil springs are nice but the timing to load and unload is terrible

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by cuznguido
There was an S&W replica there, and a Ruger.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Those fire blued screws are pretty when the gun is new and unused. But they fade fast. I'd much prefer the frame screws to match the finish on the gun. wink
Agreed.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Hmmm, I didn't know the Long Branch was an actual place. Coolio.

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Hmmm, I didn't know the Long Branch was an actual place. Coolio.
Yep. A saloon in Dodge City. I think that's where Bat Masterson lived, or at least hung out.

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Last single action I would ever sell is probably my Colt New Frontier SAA in 44 Special. However, I do love to shoot my Ruger Bisley Vaquero in 45 Colt and it only cost me a third of what the Colt SAA did.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
“Well, I suppose I'll pick up a few extra "haters" about this, as well as people who think I'm supporting the NRA ONLY because they support us.
Even though John has not totally agreed with me this week, I've been making the comment all week how crazy it is that something most serious shooters couldn't care less about is such a point of focus, being used to demonize all gun owners. I'm assuming the NRA gave this issue very serious consideration, and like me, decided that these bump stocks, which did not even exist ten years ago, are not something worth "falling on our swords" over. There are WAY more important battles down the road.
Also, guess what; don't tell the gun haters, but this was a stroke of genius. It doesn't take a genius to see what was coming anyway, regardless of who wants to feel smart about never "compromising."
Many of you will not agree with me, but all of us need to make sure we continue contacting our representatives and gun rights organizations. Make your voice heard and let them know where you stand on all these issues. They all work for us.
My guess is that the biggest NRA critics on this issue will be the folks "riding in the wagon," and not even holding a membership card. It's just the nature of human beings.”

He didn’t fall on the sword, now he loves them. I could care less if he has a single action. Haven’t cared about a video since. A poor advocate for 2A in my opinion. But you do you.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I’d never choose a Colt over a Ruger if it were my only one.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Freedom Arms .44 mag would be my pick

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MarkWV
“Well, I suppose I'll pick up a few extra "haters" about this, as well as people who think I'm supporting the NRA ONLY because they support us.
Even though John has not totally agreed with me this week, I've been making the comment all week how crazy it is that something most serious shooters couldn't care less about is such a point of focus, being used to demonize all gun owners. I'm assuming the NRA gave this issue very serious consideration, and like me, decided that these bump stocks, which did not even exist ten years ago, are not something worth "falling on our swords" over. There are WAY more important battles down the road.
Also, guess what; don't tell the gun haters, but this was a stroke of genius. It doesn't take a genius to see what was coming anyway, regardless of who wants to feel smart about never "compromising."
Many of you will not agree with me, but all of us need to make sure we continue contacting our representatives and gun rights organizations. Make your voice heard and let them know where you stand on all these issues. They all work for us.
My guess is that the biggest NRA critics on this issue will be the folks "riding in the wagon," and not even holding a membership card. It's just the nature of human beings.”

He didn’t fall on the sword, now he loves them. I could care less if he has a single action. Haven’t cared about a video since. A poor advocate for 2A in my opinion. But you do you.
Hell are you goin on about

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by 700LH
Ruger coil springs are nice but the timing to load and unload is terrible

Get a 3 screw. Cylinder has a stop so stuff lines up to eject

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If George Armstrong Custer were making that video he might have gone with a brace of Webley RIC double actions as sources suggest he carried at the LBH. This from a guy who had much hands-on experience with handguns in combat.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by gunchamp

Hell are you goin on about

Hickok’s (compromising) position on bump stocks after the LV massacre.

Igitur quī dēsīderat pācem, præparet bellum
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It doesn't take a genius to see what was coming anyway, regardless of who wants to feel smart about never "compromising."
I never understood that loser attitude.

Politics is War by Other Means
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

104 members (10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 44automag, 99Ozarks, 673, 15 invisible), 1,630 guests, and 998 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,484
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.