Hop To
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd
No, it will not. It is a narcotic antagonist only. Actually, like almost every drug, it’s not wholly benign. There are cases in the med literature of pulmonary edema after Narcan.

Of course in the scenario’s here, that’s not a worry
The only thing I saw was a few junkies puking afterwards. In the olden days we slammed it. People would wake up like a jack in the box. Admin rate was changed to slow titration to restore breathing. We were actually doing that anyway so we could deliver a sleepy patient to the ER. The only thing I saw was a few junkies puking afterwards.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
GB4

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
If they'd had Narcan back in the day, they couldn't have filmed that great scene in Pulp Fiction.

Let that sink in.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
The way this thread has gone, I hesitate to even contribute but there is a point to be made. The one who supplies the financing has the right to place restrictions on the funds. The one accepting the funds has to decide whether or not the terms are acceptable. Governments do this all the time, especially the federal government. A small municipal fire department got a grant to buy a new fire engine but the old engine had to be removed from service. It was still serviceable, fire equipment doesn't really get used that much in reality. There were lots of smaller fire districts that could use it or it could have gone into Mexico or retained as a backup. The new engine needs DEF to operate. But according to the grant it had to be destroyed.
In my opinion 260 had every right to place conditions on his donation and the department had every right to refuse that donation based on those conditions.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Instead of paying for NARCAN, put the same money in a fund for victims of drug related crimes.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
Instead of paying for NARCAN, put the same money in a fund for victims of drug related crimes.
I agree 100%

NRA Life Member
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JeffA
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
I offered to buy a new rescue vehicle for a fire department if they would discontinue the use of NARCAN, but they said that they couldn't, so they are making due with their existing truck. They said that it was inhumane not to save a life when they could and who am I to argue with that? Maybe the local addicts who they save with NARCAN can pass the hat to fund that new truck that they need.

Only complete azzholes place ultimatums on community support.

And an ultimatum that would receive such a predictable result shows your lack of intended support to start with. Doubtful you have much if any history at all of such community support.

I'm sure most in your community are well aware of exactly who and what you are, it seldom takes long for a total POS like yourself to expose themselves, exactly like you did with your local Fire Department, hat's off to them for telling you and your pretend funding to GFY.

That was a bold face lie. I don't believe that horseschit for a second.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Odd that Narcan is given away free while Insulin costs an arm and a leg.

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

705 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 117LBS, 160user, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 73 invisible), 2,990 guests, and 1,344 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,978
Posts18,480,823
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.