Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Those pics are killin me. Jealous fer sure.

Glutton? I've got the T-shirt. There used to be a pretty high end sea food buffet in Lexington Ky. It was about as pricey as any eats in the city, so we'd only go about once a year. On the way there we might have just a couple small tokes of hippy hay to whet our appetite, & then we'd dive in.

One night the waitress ask if all was ok, blah, blah, & then proceeded to ask us if we were aware or the 3 hour time limit? I answered with a yes, looked at my watch, then told her it looked like we still had 20 minutes. She kind of snarled; OK, & left. Stunts like that are probably why my stomach isn't the healthiest now days.

IMO, no food finer than fresh quality seafood, & plenty of it.

GB4

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Teal
Looks amazing.

I'm not a seafood person - don't care for most fish or lobster but recently in the last 2 years tried mussels and liked them okay. How does an oyster compare?

Apples and oranges.

I like them both, but very different. Mussels
Are always cooked, for starters. I prefer mussels. As the broth they release when in preparation melds with whatever else you’re including in the preparation. And it’s almost hard to screw that up. The oysters up here are best eaten raw on the half shell. Totally different ballgame.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Leighton, so,so jealous Mate !!

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A friend sent me 38 pounds of tanner crab clusters a couple months ago. It was pretty special... but the variety easily trumps that.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Kamo, have you ever been the The Pearl Restaurant in Wellfleet? Their Wellfleet little necks and oysters
are fantastic. I go there whenever I'm on the Cape. I can't get enough of them! Love your pictures!

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No one can ever say you don't eat well...

Jealous.

K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Teal
Looks amazing.

I'm not a seafood person - don't care for most fish or lobster but recently in the last 2 years tried mussels and liked them okay. How does an oyster compare?

For starters, as with most seafood, there are countless ways to prepare oysters aside from raw on the halfshell. Oyster stew (cream based), baked or broiled oysters in dishes like oysters Rockefeller and oysters broiled with butter, parmesan and garlic, smoked oysters, Po'Boys, etc. Here are some good ideas: https://insanelygoodrecipes.com/oyster-recipes/

I pretty much love them all, but fresh out of the ocean raw and fried Japanese style as seen below are probably my favorite. Featuring Hokkaido oysters I got from the oyster man himself after a stag hunt, flown back to Tokyo with me and graciously and lovingly prepared by Mrs. KG and her sweetheart grandma. All I had to do was buy them. Oh, and shuck 'em.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by RS308MX
Kamo, have you ever been the The Pearl Restaurant in Wellfleet? Their Wellfleet little necks and oysters
are fantastic. I go there whenever I'm on the Cape. I can't get enough of them! Love your pictures!

I have not, but since you recommend it I've added it to the list. One back at you: Pisces in Chatham. Wonderful little place.

K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
A friend sent me 38 pounds of tanner crab clusters a couple months ago. It was pretty special... but the variety easily trumps that.

I smell a round of bartering! wink

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
You’re just a growing boy. Eat up. 😊

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Leighton, have you read Ruark's account of the oyster-eating event in The Old Man and the Boy? If not, you should. Best, John

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K

Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by RickBin
Cockles in Galicia.

Incredible ...

Any seafood that comes out of Galicia is simply outstanding. La Coruna and los Rios Bajos have incredible restaurants.

Before the CV nonsense, wife and I were planning to hit Spain and Portugal to eat. Hopefully to hunt. Probably next year, but thanks to you guys for reminding me to be sure to hit Galacia if we can. Another guy I used to run around with years ago was from Bilbao, and used to rave about the seafood in Galicia. I erred before about the other guy, the Marmalade King. He was from Seville in the south.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Mmmmmm Seville oranges.....

I am MAGA.
K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Leighton, have you read Ruark's account of the oyster-eating event in The Old Man and the Boy? If not, you should. Best, John

My copy of Ruark's TOMATB is old and well worn, John. wink

Thanks for the input, y'all.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by kamo_gari

Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by RickBin
Cockles in Galicia.

Incredible ...

Any seafood that comes out of Galicia is simply outstanding. La Coruna and los Rios Bajos have incredible restaurants.

Before the CV nonsense, wife and I were planning to hit Spain and Portugal to eat. Hopefully to hunt. Probably next year, but thanks to you guys for reminding me to be sure to hit Galacia if we can. Another guy I used to run around with years ago was from Bilbao, and used to rave about the seafood in Galicia. I erred before about the other guy, the Marmalade King. He was from Seville in the south.

I forgot to throw Vigo into the list. Outstanding place to visit and eat.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Looks amazing!

I wish I could decide between mountains and the ocean!

I'll probably retire in Maine.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I gained 10# !!!

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jcubed
Looks amazing!

I wish I could decide between mountains and the ocean!

I'll probably retire in Maine.

Dude, that would be amazing...................WA would suit me if it weren't WA. Maine, at least at this point in time, doesn't seem as "liberally minded" as WA.

If Brandon's economy wasn't so special right now, the wife and I would likely be planning a trip over to the coast in the fall. Probably not a happenin' thing now.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Leighton, those home fried Japanese oysters look like the BOMB!

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Ol Kamo is killing us and he knows it!!!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

543 members (1936M71, 10gaugeman, 160user, 1234, 1Longbow, 63 invisible), 2,192 guests, and 1,298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,931
Posts18,479,931
Members73,953
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.