-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Oz is nothing more than another anti-2A RINO. Trump supported the wrong candidate... again. I am sure Trump will have a few choice words for Oz.

Oz drops Trump branding in general election shift

Mehmet Oz, the Republican nominee for U.S. Senate in Pennsylvania, is quietly shifting his campaign messaging away from former President Trump as he transitions into what's likely to be one of the most hotly contested Senate elections of the midterms.

Why it matters: Oz's transition for the general election highlights the tightrope many Trump-endorsed candidates have attempted to walk — embrace the former president where it counts, while keeping him at arm's length in situations where his brand is toxic.

That was the strategy employed by Virginia's Republican governor, Glenn Youngkin, during his successful campaign last year. The backdrop: Trump was a heavy staple of Oz's primary campaign, showing up frequently in his ads run even before the former president endorsed him in mid-April.

After the endorsement, Trump was a near-ubiquitous fixture in Oz's spots — even a series of six-second issue ads on guns, abortion and energy began with "endorsed by President Trump."

Oz's Twitter account mentioned Trump more than 70 times between the endorsement on April 9 and primary day, May 17. On Google and Facebook, Oz's campaign bought a barrage of Trump-focused ads during the primary. Both his Facebook and Twitter accounts were emblazoned during the primary with a cover photo of Trump and Oz with the words "endorsed by Trump," and his website had a pop-up to let visitors know he was "Trump-endorsed."

State of play: The ad Oz's campaign ran after winning the Republican nomination didn't mention or include footage of Trump — a stark departure from the tone of his primary ads.

Oz's social media banners now say "Thank you, Pennsylvania," and feature a solo photo of him without Trump. His website no longer has a pop-up fundraiser appeal touting his Trump endorsement. Oz's Twitter bio no longer advertises him as the "Trump Endorsed Candidate for U.S. Senate," and he hasn't tweeted about Trump since May 17.

Oz's campaign hasn't run Facebook ads since the primary, and on Google his only general election ad reads, "⁦The PA Senate Race will determine who has the majority. Donate to take back the US Senate!⁩" Even on the Trump-run social media site Truth Social, Oz hasn't posted about Trump since the primary — though he still touts his Trump endorsement in his bio.

What they're saying: "The endorsement is the first endorsement listed on our website and we changed the banner to thank Pennsylvanians after the recount was completed," Oz spokesperson Brittany Yanick told Axios.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
A Turkish citizen screwing over American GOP voters

Im shocked

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Surprise surprise! For all his good qualities, Trump sucks at endorsement choices of late. I sure didnt vote for the muzzy TV doc in the primary!!!

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Trust the plan! Q knows!

Lol

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
After Trump endorsed Oz I lost all respect for Trump he sold us out in PA. Oz is nothing more than a democrat running as a republican. I can guarantee you he isn't going to be a RINO, he is going to be a full pledge democrat if he wins.

NRA Lifetime Endowment Member
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Most everyone knows that Oz is a RINO sleaze ball. Politicians playing up to their base in primaries and running to the middle in the general elections is nothing new it happens every single election cycle.

Politicians be politicians 🤷‍♂️

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Ken_L
After Trump endorsed Oz I lost all respect for Trump he sold us out in PA. Oz is nothing more than a democrat running as a republican. I can guarantee you he isn't going to be a RINO, he is going to be a full pledge democrat if he wins.

Didnt lose all respect for him but believe that endorsement was a huge mistake. Kept a real conservative from being the candidate.

Those who simply vote for a candidate just because Trump(or anyone else) endorsed them without doing any research are to me just as bad as those who vote for a candidate just because they are a Dem etc.

Seems a Trump endorsement screwed the pooch in the Alabama runoff as well!

rte Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
Blah,blah,blah

Plagiarizing a far left wing website like AXIOS,just solidifies your status as dumb-ass troll.

Congrats! lol

https://www.axios.com/2022/06/22/dr-oz-trump-endorsement-pennsylvania-senate

Communist Goals

26. Present homosexuality and degeneracy as normal.
27. Discredit the Bible.
28. Eliminate prayer in the schools.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1561529/posts
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rte
Blah,blah,blah

Plagiarizing a far left wing website like AXIOS,just solidifies your status as dumb-ass troll.

Congrats! lol

Yep, “concern troll.”

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Yeah, go ahead and vote for a Turk who is big buddies with Oprah and the like. People in PA must have the discernment of a box of rocks. WTF were they thinking?

Hold into the progressives.

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by rte
Blah,blah,blah

Congrats! lol

This^^^^^

FJB & FJT
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Oz will be supporting gun control in no time...

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Glad to see Oz feeling confident enough to dump Trump after he won by 900 votes.......what could go wrong?

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by Ken_L

Wray Wray , Ms. South Carolina, The Derby Donkey named Mitch , Sessions,Bagpipe Billy
I getting Writers Cramp ..
Theses were long before Oz …

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jcubed
Trust the plan! Q knows!

Lol

This! LOL...

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by TimZ
Glad to see Oz feeling confident enough to dump Trump after he won by 900 votes.......what could go wrong?

Hahaha. Winner, winner.....

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by broomd
Originally Posted by Jcubed
Trust the plan! Q knows!

Lol

This! LOL...

Dayom. I guess I cant remember that Q post.

I'd like to see it. Got the number or link?

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Where's Travis now, calling you all "idiots"?

FO you fuggin azzwipe deflave. I was right all along.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

606 members (1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 160user, 1936M71, 1lessdog, 67 invisible), 2,746 guests, and 1,305 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,192
Posts18,503,481
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.