Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
MGunns Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
So a while back I bought a 6.5 bergara ridge in the black speckled stock..... was a tad heavy but shot well, great trigger, topped with a Burris 3-9-50 E1 reticle. A friend of mines son was needing a deer rifle so I gave him a great deal on it. Thinking back it was one of the easiest shooting, accurate rifles I've owned.

GB1

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
You regret you didn't buy a Tikka to begin with? Now's your chance..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
They make more

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by MGunns
So a while back I bought a 6.5 bergara ridge in the black speckled stock..... was a tad heavy but shot well, great trigger, topped with a Burris 3-9-50 E1 reticle. A friend of mines son was needing a deer rifle so I gave him a great deal on it. Thinking back it was one of the easiest shooting, accurate rifles I've owned.

I think many of us can look back and wonder why we sold a good shooter.

A few here could probably write a short novel on it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Houston_2

Guilty as charged

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by moosemike

Guilty as charged

Me too. Never seem to learn.

As for the Bergara B14 in 6.5 CM, while I really liked it, I do not miss the primer cratering and wondering if/when the cheap pot metal cast bolt shroud would come apart on me while shooting lol

But I'm a broken man on a Halifax pier,
The last of Barrett's Privateers
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
I fiddled with a B14 Ridge in 6.5CM for a couple of months. It paled in comparison to my T3X accuracy wise.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I gave a friend a great deal on a rifle once for his son. Every time I see pictures of his boy hunting I know I made the right decision. I always wondered how that rifle shot, and I guess I know.

I just bought it because the pawn shop didn't know what they had on the shelf. A Pre-64 M70 Fwt action, in Brown Precision stock, a SS .280 Rem barrel, with Leupold 2.5-8X36 VXIII that weighed a hair over 7 lbs. I paid around $600 out the door for it, pulled the scope for a different rifle and sold it to my buddy three days later.

More than 10 years later, no regrets. I was just a facilitator for the proper owner.

Just for grins!

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

The only ones I sell are "good shooters". The rest of you guys send them down the road when they don't shoot well. IF it doesn't shoot good enough for me, why would I want to give a headache to someone else? Just sold an awesome one to one of my buddies 2 days ago. It outshot his new $3,500.00 Christensen Arms package rifle he just bought, and it was way cheaper. I was a little sad, but it's going to work out perfectly for him. He does a lot of yote hunting and that rifle was set up perfectly for that. Nice and light and it is a tack driver. The reason I sold it was because I have too many 22-250's and I just got a new one with a fast twist barrel that shoots lights out with heavier bullets. I wouldn't have sold it otherwise. Bergara's are hit and miss from what I have seen. The guys I compete with won't use them. They prefer Bighorn, Defiance, GAP and other companies. One guy on my squad was telling me a story about his new Bergara that is in the shop right now because the barrel was not true to the action. He tried it in our shoots a couple months ago, but it just was not performing. He's now back to shooting his Ruger precision, I believe. Where I shoot, there are a few brands you'd be surprised to see and also some that you are surprised to not see more of. Tikka for example, there are only a few guys that shoot them. Tac A1's and my lowly CTR. The majority of them are using Remington 700 clones turned full on custom. Some Ruger precisions, a couple Savages, A Stiller and Surgeon and others I'm not sure about. But only 1 Bergara and it is in the shop right now...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
wait until the bolt shroud strips off at the threads. Happened to my daughter last year, buddy loaned me his bergara in a 6.5 CM for her to use in a 1000yd match. Well took it to a 600yd match to see how it would do, 15 rds into it the rifle would not cock anymore. Got home looked up if known issue sure enough plenty of videos. This is supposed to be only a problem on rifle made before 2019? When it does break call Bergara they will send you a new and improved bolt shroud.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
IC B3

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V

Oh hell yes I could 😂....Hb

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Had a Bergara Ridge in 6.5 CM for a year or so. It shot pretty well, but as already stated by Houston 2 it was "a tad heavy."

Have owned enough 6.5 CM's to state "it shot pretty well," but have owned several that were more accurate, and lighter--and didn't cost any more. So the Ridge went down the road.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

Yep.....

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 63 invisible), 2,473 guests, and 1,338 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,446
Posts18,470,969
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.