Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OlderGuy54
I've seen more than a few people on FB state that this goes against state rights. I know many are liberal plants, but I do think some are that dumb.

But in the next breath they will argue that abortion is a constitutional right.

[Linked Image from cdnb.artstation.com]

Last edited by Steve; 06/24/22.

Carpe' Scrotum

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by OlderGuy54
I've seen more than a few people on FB state that this goes against state rights. I know many are liberal plants, but I do think some are that dumb.
Do those people think that the Constitution was intended to permit states to establish miniature hereditary monarchies? The correct answer is no, because the Constitution guarantees certain rights to the people which that arrangement would, by its nature, violate. So states rights is a big part of our federal/constitutional system, but it's not without its limits, and those limits are delineated in the Constitution.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
And who molds their minds, via the MSM and the education establishment, to vote the way they do?

If you'd try to avoid the trap of seeing everything that happens as "the elite" foisting their will on the majority, you'd be doing yourself a favor. The majority can see through the bullsh*t, and mid-terms will prove that.

Who molded the minds of the people that elected Trump president?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by smokepole
And who molds their minds, via the MSM and the education establishment, to vote the way they do?

If you'd try to avoid the trap of seeing everything that happens as "the elite" foisting their will on the majority, you'd be doing yourself a favor. The majority can see through the bullsh*t, and mid-terms will prove that.

And who molded the minds of the folks who cheered on his impeachment and ultimate ouster? They are countervailing forces. Some are more subject to manipulation than the rest.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S

And who molded the minds of the 80+ Million voters that elected a Biden.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Teal
I often wonder what the US and world would look like if we had maintained strict adherence to the Constitution from day 1 and essentially went despotic freedom and jailed anyone who tried to go against it. Make an unconstitutional law - treason/insurrection and execution?

"Despotic Freedom"
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Not sure why I laughed so hard, your intent is perfectly clear.

Living here in Whiskey Rebellion territory, we probably were better
educated about it than most. The Rebellion was a fight against
government overreach. Picking a particular product and passing
a law impeding the ability of those who produced/used it.

That "mostly peaceful"πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰protest was put down by armed troops
led by the President.

The man known as The Father of our Country, one known for leading
America to freedom, was acting in a Despotic way then.

Sure as hell wasn't Despotic Freedom.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You know what I mean - we fight "despots and commies" all over the world and give them a death sentence but don't at home - kinda my point.

Me

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Alito's masterful explanation falls on deaf ears because leftists do not believe the Constitution is a document that should be followed as it was written and originally understood. They believe that the document should be allowed to "evolve" as the fad of the time would dictate. Their actual belief is more attune to the Marxist view that people are subjects of the state and must be ruled not governed. That is why we must vote out all from both parties that do not actually believe the Constitution as it was written and originally understood.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by steve4102

Zuck bucks molded the mules Fjb rode in on.

Good OP. Indeed, the logic of the dissent was juvenile.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Teal
You know what I mean - we fight "despots and commies" all over the world and give them a death sentence but don't at home - kinda my point.

Absolutely.

It was just the combination of those two words.
They paint a clear picture of absolute freedom.
Hard, cold, freedom.

At the same time, it's 2 words not usually seen together.

This thread got me thinking more about The Rebellion.
Reading the Wikki hit, some things stood out as foreshadowing
some current issues.

Our Southern friends would point to a different, more dramatic episode,
But that one is tainted by other complications. The Rebellion could
well serve to provide lessons to today's Americans.

Maybe it has. It seems the goal of many is to spark such a movement,
one that could again allow troops to be moved against Americans.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

Computer Programmers.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Marley7x57

Computer Programmers.
Do you mean Algorithms?

That would β€œcode” writers, not programmers.

Last edited by steve4102; 06/24/22.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I post this to pose insight into the reasoning ability of the three dissenting Justices. How can it be that we have people in positions of such power over our lives and the nation's future? Their complete failure to remove emotion and their personal politics from their decision process is a prime example of why liberalism is such a threat. They did not logically address the point of the lawsuit and simply ruled along the lines of their bias against guns and freedom.

That the three Justices were voted onto the court in the first place, questions the vetting process of the candidates. Shamefully politics trumps sound reasoning capabilities. These people have a record of their rulings that is not scrutinized to the degree that it would raise alarm of their flawed reasoning abilities. The goal of appointing new Justices to the Court should not be to give advantage to the politics of the President in power, but to install a candidate with superior intellect and reason to uphold the principals set forth in the constitution. I pose that these three Justices demonstrate in their dissenting arguments that the do not meet the requirements the position requires.

Justice Alito's exposure of flawed reasoning should be mandatory teaching in every law class in the Land. The Bar Exam should question that the applicant possesses this ability.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thanks for posting that link Steve.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (1936M71, 17CalFan, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 71 invisible), 2,354 guests, and 1,486 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,680
Posts18,493,876
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.