-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
What it's not: a micro-poly Dbl. stack wonder-9.

It's also only offered in the Gen3 version.

But what it is: a compact and light-weight 6+1 .45 ACP.

Same size slide as a G19/23, but 27.5 oz. loaded, with a thinner frame, and shorter, but still full size grip.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

The spare mags are also thin and light weight.

And, being only 1" thick, and slab-sided, the G36 is a very comfortable carry.

The 3.8" Bbl. is long enough to provide both adequate performance with std. pressure ammo,

... and std. pressure, service length Bbl. performance with +P ammo.

And it's a Glock.

Having owned Three and shot with another Two, they have all been precise and 100% reliable.

Yes, it's a compact light-weight .45 ACP, it requires a little practice to shoot well.

... but not all that much.

- G36/ .45 ACP/ 230 gr. ball -
(10 yards/ 5 rounds/ 5 sec. from low ready/ Strong hand only)

GR

GB1

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
I used one for a few years & think that if a person is tuned & in practice well, the 36 offer a good bit of power for it's size & weight. And...likes been said, it's a Glock & usually very dependable.

Otherwise, those that don't shoot much & are only used to bigger, heavier 9's may not like the 36, it takes some practice IMO.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by gunzo
I used one for a few years & think that if a person is tuned & in practice well, the 36 offer a good bit of power for it's size & weight. And...likes been said, it's a Glock & usually very dependable.

Otherwise, those that don't shoot much & are only used to bigger, heavier 9's may not like the 36, it takes some practice IMO.

For me, it's big enough to fight with, and still thin/small/light enough to carry comfortably all day.

It does take good grip fundamentals and a bit of practice... but not so much that it's a real problem.

GR

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I've had one for 6 years. I like it a lot. It is my most carried pistol.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I carried one for quite a while when they first came out. Really liked the light weight and size.
Even killed a few hogs and one deer at the Ranch with mine.
Traded mine off when Glock finally released the Model 32 in 357 Sig Caliber, which, of course, is the same exact size as the Glock 19.

While I really liked the 36, nowadays, if I carry a compact 45 acp, I carry a Commander sized 1911.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Have Four(4) basic mods on this pistol:

1. Glock OEM Minus("-") Connector. It is now similar enough to the Glock stock G23.4 trigger to not cause any transition problems.

2. Rhinoplasty. W/o the horn on the trigger guard, it is more comfortable to carry, prints less, and is way easier to holster in IWB suede Galco Stow-N-Go.

3. Relieved LCI. No more sharp edges/corners that catch on and tear up leather holsters, and still functions as designed.

4. Grip mod. This is subtle but extensive and makes a 'Uge difference.
A. Removed the "golf ball" hump off the backstrap. This flattens the contour so the grip bottoms into the hand at the bottom line of the ring finger, instead of the middle of the middle finger. Squeeze the grip and it tightens into the web.
B. Removed the first step of the backstrap web "checkering". This allows a little closer access to the trigger, like a micro SF.
C. Relieved the top side of the finger groove checkering and trigger guard undercut. This allows the fingers to "choke up" a little better, onto a flat surface, while also reducing the fore-aft grip length.

With these simple grip mods, the circumference is now just about that of a Gen2/3 G19/23, albeit a slightly different shape.

Trigger access and one-hand control is much improved.

GR

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I told a Glock rep once, that they should make a 5 inch pistol and full sized single stack frame ala "Government Model". All I got was scoffed at, lol.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
I told a Glock rep once, that they should make a 5 inch pistol and full sized single stack frame ala "Government Model". All I got was scoffed at, lol.

Told'em they should make the G36 w/ a G23.4 4" Bbl. top end (same size), as an 8+1 .40.

Imagine my surprise...

Ha!

GR

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
I've been wishing for the very same thing for many years.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Y'all are not alone. Wished for 1911 & Commander sized Glock 45's as well.

But the 48 seems to fill the roll in 9mm. I absolutely love mine. Never fooled with the 9 much for years, but was gravitating toward it due to age, arther, etc. when the 48 came out.

FWIW, I have some CW series Kahrs in 9 & 45. Not implying they are comparable to Glock in some areas, & but they are super slim & carry nicely. For what I was buying clean used ones for, pre-Brandon, I had to try them. Glad I did.

IC B3

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I had one for the longest while but switched to a Colt Comander because it is about the same weight but is MUCH slimmer to carry.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by alukban
I had one for the longest while but switched to a Colt Comander because it is about the same weight but is MUCH slimmer to carry.

Can see slimmer - but have read where a Lightweight Commander is 34.6 ounces loaded.

... and know, for a fact, that the G36, loaded 6+1/230 gr., is only ~ 27.5 oz.

GR

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I was referring to the Aluminum framed “lightweight” Commander…

My G36 loaded with 7 rounds of my heavy 255 gr loads was 28.1 oz

Last edited by alukban; 06/24/22.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

The article I read also stated a Lightweight Commander... at 34.6 ounces loaded.

GR

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
I carried one for many years and it wad reliable like all Glocks and was VERY accurate for a pocket 45ACP.

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Nebraska
I carried one for many years and it wad reliable like all Glocks and was VERY accurate for a pocket 45ACP.

Have had the same experience, and it has grown on me like a barnacle.

GR

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Garandimal

The article I read also stated a Lightweight Commander... at 34.6 ounces loaded.

GR

The Lwt. Commander has 8+1 rounds on board and the extra 230 gr. ammo adds some weight.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MOGC
Originally Posted by Garandimal

GR

The Lwt. Commander has 8+1 rounds on board and the extra 230 gr. ammo adds some weight.

Just sayin'...

For a 7-round .45 ACP with slim mags, the G36 really carries nice.

Big enough to fight with... but still small/thin/light enough to ignore.

GR

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

67 members (7mm_Loco, 300_savage, 99Ozarks, 6MMWASP, 8 invisible), 1,660 guests, and 734 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,626
Posts18,492,908
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.