Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
There's nothing wrong with the Creed. If I had an empty safe and were shopping for my first ground squrrel to deer rifle, the Creed would be an acceptable choice.

But since the safe already contains rifles in 243, 6mm-284, 25-06, 7mm-08, 264 Win mag, and three chambered in 260 Rem. And all the associated reloading equipment and brass is already on the bench. There is no justification for a Creed at my house.

This is the best observation of the lack of need for the Creedmoor landslide. The Creedmoor was developed for a very specific shooting discipline, which it does cover, but the following and endorsements of it are way beyond what it deserves for a hunting cartridge…

Tell that to ScenarShooter.

LOL.

Pat a fine fellow but lots of game fell to the 6.5 CM while he was still a .308 Win/155 Scenar guy.

Here is the very first elk and coyote taken with the 6.5mm CM so now you can brag you have seen it. But we all know you have watched it many times.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by JLimbo
Originally Posted by Elkhunter49
I don't give a [bleep] what anyone thinks about what I shoot or what I shoot at! 6.5CM is much like any other round.
Put it in the right spot and it's deadly.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Yup. The 6.5CM works just fine.

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

Sure does......

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
6.5 Creedmoor enthusiasts

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hanco

It's not that your post are not funny but you do seem to have lots of homoerotic pictures on hand.

Not Judgin' but just Sayin'. laugh

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
hanco likes ballistic tips!

WWP53D
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Interesting little round, that's liable to stick around awhile. To many rifles sold during the craze for it to go away. Great marketing, reminiscent of the .270 win and 7mm Rem Mag.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SKane
hanco likes ballistic tips!

That explains his taste in pictures. laugh

John Burns

I have all the sources.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L

Greybull stock holders convention??

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
When you go near hunting with a Creedmoor

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just another thread for morons to gleefully identify themselves.

The Creedmoor wins matches and slaughters game.

Fucgging hilarious!

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by ldholton

Greybull stock holders convention??

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by rcamuglia

Fucgging hilarious!
Also exposes people with really thin skin....

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Camugl kghunt is a Uktard. Probably boosted at least twice

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Interesting little round, that's liable to stick around awhile. To many rifles sold during the craze for it to go away. Great marketing, reminiscent of the .270 win and 7mm Rem Mag.

Sorry, but you don't know what you're talking about, on a couple of points.

First, the .270 Winchester did NOT take off when introduced in 1925. It survived, but did not become popular until years later, partly due to the introduction of the Model 70 Winchester in 1937, and partly due to Townsend Whelen, who liked it. Jack O'Connor's regard for the cartridge didn't make much difference until around WWII, when he became a monthly columnist for OUTDOOR LIFE, which was the thin-paper "outdoor" magazine sent to U.S. troops. That was a LONG time after 1925....

The 6.5 Creedmoor was introduced as a target round in 2007, and did OK. But it was only promoted as a target round for several years, which is why it remained relatively obscure. It started becoming popular among hunters after around 2010--when word-of-mouth got around that both factory rifles and ammo were very accurate, and affordable. I know this partly due to being a hunting-gun writer--who NEVER got any press releases about the 6.5 Creedmoor that weren't about target shooting.

Which is why I ignored the round until hunters started noticing it, and hunting rifles started appearing. Only then did the "publicity" start, and it was NOT from Hornady but hunting magazines which had to start publishing articles on the cartridge because readers wanted info. In fact, when I published my first article on the 6.5 Creedmoor in 2010, brass and ammo was still in somewhat short supply--and the long-term existence of the round was still somewhat doubtful. Which is why I worked out a method of fire-forming brass from .22-250 cases, and published it in that first article. (This turned out to be a waste of time, because within a couple of years 6.5 Creedmoor brass was everywhere.)

In fact, one of my magazine editors eventually grew weary of the 6.5 Creedmoor, and refused to run any more articles about it. This was around 2015--but he changed his mind a year or so later because readers were DEMANDING more info on the round.

About that time one of my South African buddies, a PH who also owned a big sporting goods store in Kimberley, told me that 80% of the new rifles he was selling were 6.5 Creedmoors. Why? Because even in RSA, local hunters had found out how well it worked, especially for "culling," killing game for the market-place. They could buy a rifle AND factory ammo that worked as well or better than anything else they'd been using, for less than most other rifles/ammo. And there are very few hunting/shooting magazines over there. Instead, as in the USA, the word got around due to hunters.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
There's nothing wrong with the Creed. If I had an empty safe and were shopping for my first ground squrrel to deer rifle, the Creed would be an acceptable choice.

But since the safe already contains rifles in 243, 6mm-284, 25-06, 7mm-08, 264 Win mag, and three chambered in 260 Rem. And all the associated reloading equipment and brass is already on the bench. There is no justification for a Creed at my house.

I can't remember ever having to justify buying something that I wanted, even if it was redundant to multiple things that I already had.

I like rifles and I like cartridges, so a new rifle or new cartridge is just an itch that needs to be scratched.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Looking for some Lapua 6.5 Creed LRP brass. Anyone have a lead?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Camugl kghunt is a Uktard. Probably boosted at least twice

Hush up kiddo. The men folk are talking rifles.

Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Originally Posted by ltppowell

Sorry, but you don't know what you're talking about, on a couple of points.

First, the .270 Winchester did NOT take off when introduced in 1925. It survived, but did not become popular until years later, partly due to the introduction of the Model 70 Winchester in 1937, and partly due to Townsend Whelen, who liked it. Jack O'Connor's regard for the cartridge didn't make much difference until around WWII, when he became a monthly columnist for OUTDOOR LIFE, which was the thin-paper "outdoor" magazine sent to U.S. troops. That was a LONG time after 1925....

The 6.5 Creedmoor was introduced as a target round in 2007, and did OK. But it was only promoted as a target round for several years, which is why it remained relatively obscure. It started becoming popular among hunters after around 2010--when word-of-mouth got around that both factory rifles and ammo were very accurate, and affordable. I know this partly due to being a hunting-gun writer--who NEVER got any press releases about the 6.5 Creedmoor that weren't about target shooting.

Which is why I ignored the round until hunters started noticing it, and hunting rifles started appearing. Only then did the "publicity" start, and it was NOT from Hornady but hunting magazines which had to start publishing articles on the cartridge because readers wanted info. In fact, when I published my first article on the 6.5 Creedmoor in 2010, brass and ammo was still in somewhat short supply--and the long-term existence of the round was still somewhat doubtful. Which is why I worked out a method of fire-forming brass from .22-250 cases, and published it in that first article. (This turned out to be a waste of time, because within a couple of years 6.5 Creedmoor brass was everywhere.)

In fact, one of my magazine editors eventually grew weary of the 6.5 Creedmoor, and refused to run any more articles about it. This was around 2015--but he changed his mind a year or so later because readers were DEMANDING more info on the round.

About that time one of my South African buddies, a PH who also owned a big sporting goods store in Kimberley, told me that 80% of the new rifles he was selling were 6.5 Creedmoors. Why? Because even in RSA, local hunters had found out how well it worked, especially for "culling," killing game for the market-place. They could buy a rifle AND factory ammo that worked as well or better than anything else they'd been using, for less than most other rifles/ammo. And there are very few hunting/shooting magazines over there. Instead, as in the USA, the word got around due to hunters.

JB,

In a way the 6.5MM CM suceeded in spite of the early advertising.

I think it could be said it was the first round where SAAMI specs had chambers, throats, freebore, and ammo that delivered safety and very accurate rifles combined with twist rates that handled long bullets with decent to better than decent BCs.

There has never been a round so well designed that made it through SAAMI.

Add in low recoil and enough killing power.

Velocities fast enough to deliver decent trajectories but also good termial results from cup and core bullets.

The best Goldilocks round so far.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rcamuglia

Fucgging hilarious!

These post certainly shine a bright light on the Creedjesus worshipers whose feelings are easily hurt.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by devnull

I'll keep an eye out for you.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by devnull

I'll keep an eye out for you.
That's what the chick in the whore house with a glass eye said.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

120 members (470Evans, 44mc, 375TN, 7887mm08, 35, 21, 15 invisible), 1,564 guests, and 978 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,243
Posts18,485,956
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.