Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by EdM
HOUSTON, Dec 1 (Reuters) - Exxon Mobil (XOM.N) on Wednesday set annual capital spending through 2027 at $20 billion to $25 billion, allocating money to low-carbon projects and extending its previously projected investment rate for two years.

The top U.S. energy producer slashed costs after a historic $22.4 billion loss last year. But an oil-price rebound this year has generated strong profits that let Exxon pay down debt, maintain its dividend and fund a new low-carbon business. The budgets extend a plan Exxon set to spend about $16 billion this year and thereafter increase outlays to between $20 billion and $25 billion to 2025.

https://www.reuters.com/markets/us/...lion-25-billion-through-2027-2021-12-01/

wasting your time Ed. Was everyone complaining when oil was MINUS 28 dollars a barrel?

Any idea how much the Russia sanctions by Biden and the Eu on Russian energy has affected world wide prices?

Remember monetary easing?When you print up trillions of dollars in a few years and that causing rising prices on everything?

GB1

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by RiverRider
The consequences for restricting the production of a commodity are just not all that difficult to predict.

Right up there with and closely related to the consequences of electing (or allowing to be installed) a dipshit for a President.

Save our kids - shoot your local drug dealer.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Some posters remind me of the Ăssholes who come into the
station where my wife works and get nasty with her people over
gas prices.

If you want to bitch, if you want to fight, try finding the people who
you have a fight with.

Hint

It ain't the anyone in retail.
It isn't the station owners, most likely.
The problems we now have aren't with Big Oil.

If you put your efforts on Big Oil, take an ice cream for Brandon.
He is trying to deflect your anger to them.
Be smarter than that!

Amen from the back row.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by EdM
HOUSTON, Dec 1 (Reuters) - Exxon Mobil (XOM.N) on Wednesday set annual capital spending through 2027 at $20 billion to $25 billion, allocating money to low-carbon projects and extending its previously projected investment rate for two years.

The top U.S. energy producer slashed costs after a historic $22.4 billion loss last year. But an oil-price rebound this year has generated strong profits that let Exxon pay down debt, maintain its dividend and fund a new low-carbon business. The budgets extend a plan Exxon set to spend about $16 billion this year and thereafter increase outlays to between $20 billion and $25 billion to 2025.

Facts are a hard pill for some to swallow EdM.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The ebb and flow.

Kinda glad gas prices spiked. Hopefully it slows down the truck market. I need a new truck and schit has gotten crazy!

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by EdM

Not to pile on, but no one was complaining pre 2020 when oil companies where going bankrupt left and right.
I work in refining and our refinery alone lost 100 million in 2020.
People can't wrap their minds around how expensive exploration, production and refining actually are and as a result oil company margins are not that great.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Ed, just for the sake of conversation on the topic.

How critical to the industry is that lease mentioned in your OP?

How much overall effect will it have on production should it even pan out?

How many already leased/explored, and even previously producing, areas are now "mothballed" (for lack of a better term) that could be brought back into production quickly and that would actually provide more immediate benefit to the American consumer in particular and the O&G industry in general?

I ask you because even though I could likely search industry/.gov sources to find the answers it would take me much longer than I have any interest in doing so today.

As they say, ask an expert.

Thanks in advance.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by BWalker
Originally Posted by EdM

Not to pile on, but no one was complaining pre 2020 when oil companies where going bankrupt left and right.
I work in refining and our refinery alone lost 100 million in 2020.
People can't wrap their minds around how expensive exploration, production and refining actually are and as a result oil company margins are not that great.

Right on BWalker.

B
BLG Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Saw something on Fox Business a few weeks ago, that basically said EXISTING refineries are running at 95%. They can't do much more. Might not be so much of an oil supply thing as so many refineries have been shut down or converted to something for bio fuels. I know the Shell Norco facility is not running fuel at all right now. The only one close to my local is Murphy, and they are running balls to the wall.

Clyde

The liberal mind is an endless black hole of stupidity.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by BLG
Saw something on Fox Business a few weeks ago, that basically said EXISTING refineries are running at 95%. They can't do much more. Might not be so much of an oil supply thing as so many refineries have been shut down or converted to something for bio fuels. I know the Shell Norco facility is not running fuel at all right now. The only one close to my local is Murphy, and they are running balls to the wall.

Clyde

I believe that Shell is in the process of revamping and restarting the refinery they shuttered at Convent.

For bio-fuels maybe.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I’m afraid we are going to lose our refining capabilities. New refineries can be built where there are less restrictions.
I was told once , it’s just as cheap to ship gasoline in as crude. With OSHA, union and environmental problems, I think new refineries will be built outside the US. More jobs shipped overseas. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I recall a Thomas Edison quote, Most people don't recognize opportunity, because it comes around wearing overalls, looking like hard work.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Here is the latest EIA data that comes out every Wednesday. Lot's of info here including refinery run rates. It's common practice for refineries to have "turnaraounds" and "shutdowns" for maintenance, etc, as they are regularly scheduled. People need to disregard anything Old Toot has to say about this and any other subject for that matter.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Here is the latest EIA data that comes out every Wednesday. Lot's of info here including refinery run rates. It's common practice for refineries to have "turnaraounds" and "shutdowns" for maintenance, etc, as they are regularly scheduled. People need to disregard anything Old Toot has to say about this and any other subject for that matter.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Thanks JG. Interesting

Is this available too online

I see coal and oil making a strong comeback the past few days

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
It very well may be ribka, I'm not sure. We have a subscription to the DTN network which is where this comes from.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

705 members (01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 06hunter59, 02bfishn, 66 invisible), 2,845 guests, and 1,445 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,731
Posts18,475,935
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.