Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Maybe he is buying his own burial ground for he and George after they get whacked

GB1

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
I thought we were basically a conservative group, with what that entails.

Hard work or smart ideas equals big profits.
Freedom of speech and expression, no mattet how unpopular
And private properyy rights. Buy what you want. Do what you want with what you buy.

Class envy is an ugly thing. Unfortunately it is very real, even among so-called conservatives.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

And private properyy rights. Buy what you want. Do what you want with what you buy.

Class envy is an ugly thing. Unfortunately it is very real, even among so-called conservatives.
Why am I not surprised you'd twist things in support of Gates and his oligarchical ilk? Do you really think his sort supports free and open markets? His purpose is to create a permanent peasantry to be treated as the subordinate property of a permanent nobility. He didn't rise to the multibillionaire status because he was so good at what he did. An oligarchical system raised him to that status, a system that's not possible, and a status that's not possible, under a truly free market. The last thing this sort wants are free markets where people are rewarded based on their talents, determination, and effort.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
I'm the first to wish city folk would stay where they belong.

Find it real hard to come up with a reason they should have to
justify buying rural land though.

SCOTUS just handed down a ruling concerning citizens needing to
get approval of government to exercise their rights.

I'm no fan of Gates, though I'm not knowledgeable about his evil intentions...guessing I'd be even less of a fan if I knew more. That said, I agree with the above. Unless it's a problem related to the quote below, I'm not a supporter of having to justify to the government why someone is purchasing something. Seems like more .gov control. ...but I'm on the outside looking in and don't have all the facts. Probably a dirty reason for purchase and a dirty reason for .gov trying to control.

“In North Dakota, under N.D.C.C. ch. 10-06.1, all corporations or limited liability companies (LLC) are prohibited from owning or leasing farmland or ranchland, and from engaging in farming or ranching,” Wrigley wrote. “In addition, the law places certain limitations on the ability of trusts to own farmland or ranchland.”

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Why am I not surprised you'd twist things in support of Gates and his oligarchical ilk? Do you really think his sort supports free and open markets? His purpose is to create a permanent peasantry to be treated as the subordinate property of a permanent nobility. He didn't rise to the multibillionaire status because he was so good at what he did. An oligarchical system raised him to that status, a system that's not possible, and a status that's not possible, under a truly free market. The last thing this sort wants are free markets where people are rewarded based on their talents, determination, and effort.

So, you are in favor of .gov telling a citizen what he may purchase or own, and what he is allowed to do with it once he owns it?

Or is it just certain citizens you wish to have controlled in this manner?

Who shall make this list of controlled citizens? You?

IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Whatever Gates is doing with this land is probably detrimental to US consumers. That is a given, he is a slimy POS.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Few years back Billy Boy purchased something around 20K acres in the Suwannee River basin here in Floriduh. One of their first acts was to remove a lot of pine, screw up a small spring and plant row crops.

There was a song written about him sometime back. “The I95 Song”.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
So, you are in favor of .gov telling a citizen what he may purchase or own, and what he is allowed to do with it once he owns it?

Or is it just certain citizens you wish to have controlled in this manner?

Who shall make this list of controlled citizens? You?
I favor certain limited scope actions by state government for the purpose of protecting the people from the malicious depredations of billionaire cabals. The Constitution is not a suicide pact.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
After these billionaires kill off 90% of the world's population, who shall they exploit and enslave.

That sounds like it would be billionaires committing suicide. Or at least genocide of their kind.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Joining the Distinguished Speakers Series at the University of Oxford Saïd Business School, Bloomberg was responding to a question about whether it is possible to unite people in middle America and the coasts. One of the issues standing in the way of that, Bloomberg said, was the inability of blue-collar workers to adapt to the information economy even if they have their education subsidized.

"The agrarian society lasted 3,000 years and we could teach processes. I could teach anybody, even people in this room, no offense intended, to be a farmer," Bloomberg said. "It's a process. You dig a hole, you put a seed in, you put dirt on top, add water, up comes the corn. You could learn that. Then we had 300 years of the industrial society. You put the piece of metal on the lathe, you turn the crank in the direction of the arrow and you can have a job. And we created a lot of jobs. At one point, 98 percent of the world worked in agriculture, now it's 2 percent in the United States."

IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

210 members (1lessdog, 12344mag, 1lesfox, 2500HD, 219DW, 007FJ, 17 invisible), 1,494 guests, and 922 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,871
Posts18,478,711
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.