Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Went to get gas this morning, and the pumps cut off at $50. this was at Raceway, and it was only one station, but it was the only one open within 10 miles. This was in South Shreveport. It was at 4AM. Kinda hope it goes national, it woke the liberals up in jimma catta days with shortages and long gas lines.

Oh, and gas dropped a whole 4 cents.

Last edited by DouginLa; 06/25/22.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Could you buy twice?
Have you bought there before and got over $50.

A lot of folk pay at the pump with cards, that can bring a bunch of
screwy issues into play. (Especially bank cards)

Some stations limit the purchase amount, some cards do.

When you first try to turn on the pump, the station system contacts
The card.
They decide if you have enough money,
the station then pulls a preset amount of money out of your account.
(They can't let you pump, then not have the funds to pay)

It's possible the station only pulls $50.
It's possible you only had $50?

P.S. Over draft is a real risk in using bank cards. The stations I'm familiar with used to pull $100 to turn the pump on. If you only took $30, they
couldn't return the remaining $70 until midnight. There were a few times
folks running low in their accounts would have the card denied or overdraw their account. By their math, they had money. Come midnight, the money was credited back, but any fees still had to be paid!

This isn't an individual station thing. Its a 3rd party register/payment company thing.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Stations have been like that up here for decades............maximum $100........pump it then just start over if you need more.......

D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Could you buy twice?
Have you bought there before and got over $50.

A lot of folk pay at the pump with cards, that can bring a bunch of
screwy issues into play. (Especially bank cards)

Some stations limit the purchase amount, some cards do.

When you first try to turn on the pump, the station system contacts
The card.
They decide if you have enough money,
the station then pulls a preset amount of money out of your account.
(They can't let you pump, then not have the funds to pay)

It's possible the station only pulls $50.
It's possible you only had $50?

P.S. Over draft is a real risk in using bank cards. The stations I'm familiar with used to pull $100 to turn the pump on. If you only took $30, they
couldn't return the remaining $70 until midnight. There were a few times
folks running low in their accounts would have the card denied or overdraw their account. By their math, they had money. Come midnight, the money was credited back, but any fees still had to be paid!

This isn't an individual station thing. Its a 3rd party register/payment company thing.

This is my regular gas station, it is only a few miles from my house, my truck (dodge) holds 26-28 gallons, never had trouble filling it up (including my gas cans for mowers and such, so yes I have run my credit card up to over $200 in one filling. And that was last week. Did not try to turn it back on and stare over, I was in a little SUV and it was 3/4 full so I just came home.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
50 bucks! We spend more than that filling mower, and fourwheeler cans.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Your pumps have always done that.

You're just now noticing it because of Joe Butt Fugk.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
I put gas in my Tundra last night, as the dollar amount went up, so did my blood pressure. FJB

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Around my part of the world, even before the gas price run up, you could always figure out which stations were owned by dot heads. Stupid low limits on the pump= dot head owners. I guess they are afraid of 'drive offs'. All the locals here are faithful customers of the Rez fuel station...a full dollar cheaper than anywhere else and no limits.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
$275 to fill up my Ford (48 gal tank) with diesel in MT. Two credit cards.Pump stops at $150 here.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
I put $156 in my truck the other day. One transaction. A lot of these stations have had to lift their $100 limits with obidens gas tax.

IC B3

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
The Suburban was pretty low so I gassed up yesterday. The pump stopped at $100 and left me with a hair over 3/4 of a tank.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
In Traveling, I have had the fuel pumps shut off at $100, for Both day and night fill up. So that means I need to fill up when I near 1/2 on the fuel gauge. So using that as a bench mark these days while traveling, I need to watch my fuel gauge and stop when it near 1/2 tank, that will put the fill up near $100, if I get down to 1/4 tank it will push $125 or more. So knowing that some stations have set $100 limit, I fill up when the fuel gauge is at 1/2.

Now night time driving, A few stations that are not attended in the off hours (10 PM to 6 AM) the pumps have shut off at $50.

"Sorry don't get it done, Dude"
John Wayne 1959
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Yes, but the dems response, "Just Imagine How BAD it would be if Trump were President".

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Around here most pumps used to shut off at $100. I read somewhere a lot of stations were changing that to $150. Don't know if they have or not. I cant afford $150 to fill up my truck so I usually fill up when it gets down 1/4 tank or 100 miles on the trip meter. Most of my fuel gauges don't work so I use the trip meter. Setting the pump to shut off and not allowing you to rerun the card would be an effective way to ration fuel.

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Na.. The Rich White Marxist response..
You could have the Standard living of Uganda..
Wonder if that’s a Freud’n Slip..

Roll Them or They Roll You

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Biden campaigned on the fact that he would do this.

Remember that the next time one of your dumb fugk "friends" asks for something.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Been running a diesel pickup since 2002. Used to be no problem. Just pump what you need.
Sometime in the "Obama Regime", diesel pumps began cutting off at $75.
When I jumped the store, they claimed it was the bank or card company, not them! So I called my bank.
Nope! Not us, must be the store!
Only one station doesn't restrict fuel to $75. The "dyed diesel" pump at a local convenience store doesn't require "prepay". You have to give them your "tax card", then they turn the pump on. I guess you could pump the tank dry! LOL!
My farmer neighbor is plowing for Aug/Sep wheat planting. He burns up $1300/day in that big red, 8 wheel, articulated IH!!!

For what it's worth, I ration my diesel now. I don't just run to town willy/nilly. Trips are planned and lists are made to reduce travel time and mileage.

Last edited by martinstrummer; 06/25/22.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by keith
Yes, but the dems response, "Just Imagine How BAD it would be if Trump were President".

No, I think their response is that this will help with a glorious transition to EV land.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by logger
No, I think their response is that this will help with a glorious transition to EV land.

That is exactly their response. I posted the other day about an opinion piece I read where the guy was saying these high fuel prices are necessary to force the transition to EV.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
I have been driving big thirsty pickup trucks for forty years. And yes, I have hit the dispensary limit on the credit card/or debit card many times.

I have yet to see a pump which will not let me run the card a second time. And even occasionally when Momma pulls up to the other side of the pump in her Durango 5.7, a third time.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

589 members (10gaugeman, 16penny, 1234, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1936M71, 59 invisible), 2,184 guests, and 1,206 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,820
Posts18,496,507
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.