Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
The WaPo says RFLs don't violate Due Process

So my neighbor hears me call Brandon a dickhead and next thing you know the Gestapo is at my house to cuff me and take my guns ala Stone and Navarro, etc.

I believe the shadow guvment snuck a big one in on us! The way they fake, cheat, lie and steal I wouldn't be surprised if they don't find a way to abuse this too.

"an armed society is a polite society"

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I could easily see any new Red Flag laws ending up at SCOTUS.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
This nations enemies may want to take up enough guns to help the anarchists take over in a bloody revolution.

If that fails, then eventually the RF laws will eventually be found unconstitutional.

Well, that's what I heard from someone anyway. Now I'm not saying that's how it is. smirk

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Red Flag law needs to be put before SCOTUS and held unconstitutional,

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Has everything else you’ve read in the Washington Post been accurate?

IC B2

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
You may not Believe it but their Shak’n in their Boots ..
A Narrative has shaped in their Mind that Payback Time is fast Approaching for all their Treason against this Country ..
The Federalizations of the Red Flag is their Tool.

By the Way it’s all your Fault especially you White Guys calling them and texting those
Mean n Hurtful Things ..

Heard it from a Friend..Who Heard it from a Friend.

Roll Them or They Roll You

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
The Red Flag law in Oregon is an example of what many states will do. It does not allow the accused to represent themselves and allows family members, girl friends etc. to make the accusations. A judge decides without hearing from the accused. Blatantly unconstitutional.

The guidelines in the new federal law suggest that the accused should have representation, but that is not a requirement, so states will do whatever they want.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by TreeMutt

So my neighbor hears me call Brandon a dickhead and next thing you know the Gestapo is at my house to cuff me and take my guns ala Stone and Navarro, etc.

I believe the shadow guvment snuck a big one in on us! The way they fake, cheat, lie and steal I wouldn't be surprised if they don't find a way to abuse this too.
First, I do not believe in RF laws, I think they are unconstitutional, but your statement above is on par with the left saying overturning R v W, bans abortion, takes away a woman’s right to choose AND will ban contraceptives and same sex marriage.

Here, this is from the FL RF law.

PREPARING FOR A RISK PROTECTION ORDER HEARING

During a hearing to request a risk protection order, the court will need to be provided with evidence that the individual whom you are hoping to seize weapons from has committed one or more of the following acts within the last year:

Attempted or threatened suicide with a gun

Attempted or threatened violence to another person with a gun

Stalked someone

Violated a protective order

Evidence could also include documentation of mental illness or a past conviction for domestic
violence. A written testimony from a respondent’s family or household member or oral testimony given under oath would also be accepted. A judge will not issue the final order until clear evidence is provided that the individual poses a significant risk of danger to themselves or others by owning a gun.

Granted these law are ripe for abuse, but your comments on how they work are ridiculous.
If we are going to have a discussion, at least be honest about how schit works.

Last edited by steve4102; 06/25/22.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Common sense gun control is only pointing weapon at that which you may destroy, shooting straight, and hitting what you aim at.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by steve4102

First, I do not believe in RF laws, I think they are unconstitutional, but your statement above is on par with the left saying overturning R v W, bans abortion, takes away a woman’s right to choose AND will ban contraceptives and same sex marriage.

During a hearing to request a risk protection order, the court will need to be provided with evidence that the individual whom you are hoping to seize weapons from has committed one or more of the following acts within the last year:

Stalked someone

Evidence could also include documentation of mental illness or a past conviction for domestic
violence. A written testimony from a respondent’s family or household member or oral testimony given under oath would also be accepted. A judge will not issue the final order until clear evidence is provided that the individual poses a significant risk of danger to themselves or others by owning a gun.

Granted these law are ripe for abuse, but your comments on how they work are ridiculous.

Thanks for that, Steve.

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B3

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Lawyers Field Day .. They will also do Divorce maybe same day Service ..
An Evil this Way does Come..

Roll Them or They Roll You

MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Red Flag Laws are UNCONSTITUTIONAL because they allow the authorities to deprive someone of their 2nd amendment rights based on supposition and accusation rather than an actual act and then the accused has to prove themselves innocent rather than the courts having to find them guilty. This is a violation of the 2nd, 5th and 14th amendments and this needs to be challenged in court immediately.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
I could easily see any new Red Flag laws ending up at SCOTUS.
I've heard that lawsuits are already filed by GOA.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by bowmanh
The Red Flag law in Oregon is an example of what many states will do. It does not allow the accused to represent themselves and allows family members, girl friends etc. to make the accusations. A judge decides without hearing from the accused. Blatantly unconstitutional.

The guidelines in the new federal law suggest that the accused should have representation, but that is not a requirement, so states will do whatever they want.
Apart from all that, the victim is then presumed guilty till he proves himself innocent of the charge in a court of law (that's assuming he survived the 5 AM raid on his home), at his own expense. Talk about turning American principles of justice on their head.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by bowmanh

Apart from all that, the victim is then presumed guilty till he proves himself innocent of the charge in a court of law (that's assuming he survived the 5 AM raid on his home), at his own expense. Talk about turning American principles of justice on their head.

You're making Sickermore and Twerker and WadeinBrown Crap happy.

I Dindo Nuffin
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by steve4102

Stalked someone

"Evidence" of those things amounts to someone saying (uncontradicted by the intended target of the action) that they heard you say it. That's all it takes to get the ball rolling. The target's first clue that any of this is going on is the 5 AM bang on the door by the police demanding immediate entry.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
In New Jersey which has RFL, all I think you have to do is threaten to beat the fugg out of someone and they can say they "are in fear of their life from you" and bingo, your guns are gone. No due process!

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
TRH, Rick Scott gave us the Red flag law here in Florida----- POS!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Red Flag laws are going to be one of the easiest infringements that will be struck down with this new SCOTUS ruling.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

102 members (1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 2ndwind, 6MMWASP, 17 invisible), 1,602 guests, and 950 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,242
Posts18,485,919
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.