Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
yep. The crows still hold a big grudge for the Sioux and Cheyenne .

Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by viking
Man, I really want to go tour that place. I’m only 3-4 hours away.

It’s worth the drive, I do it several times a year. Maybe we could meet there and have an Indian Taco at the trading post…

Some beautiful country on the Crow Rez on the Wyoming border near there. I was talking to crow guide and he advised the Crows still liked and respected Custer.

The Crow were scouts for Custer. The enemy of my enemy is my friend, and Custer was after the Sioux and Cheyenne, enemies of the Crow…

GB1

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
This time Custer tried to cheat by using M16's but the Indians switched to expanding broadheads and chewed them apart.

The biggest innovation to help Custer would have been a walkie-talkie…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
This time Custer tried to cheat by using M16's but the Indians switched to expanding broadheads and chewed them apart.

I’d put my money on heavy artillery, or a few A-10s.

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Leave it to me to be the one with the weird opinion. The Injuns that fateful day were just doin' what anyone does, fight to win. The Army was f...ked before they ever left town. By who you axe? By the dirty politics of the bureaucracy-good old boy crowd of Springfield Armory, insisting on the continued use of an obsolete military weapon and even worse ammunition known to be totally unuseable after ten rounds on a hot day. Sharps, Spencers, Remingtons, Peabodys...exported to Europe by the thousands. A proud day for the Army procurement program and arsenal, 210 blue coated bodies, but by God we saved a lot of money with the trapdoors.

That isn’t weird, just misinformed….

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Leave it to me to be the one with the weird opinion. The Injuns that fateful day were just doin' what anyone does, fight to win. The Army was f...ked before they ever left town. By who you axe? By the dirty politics of the bureaucracy-good old boy crowd of Springfield Armory, insisting on the continued use of an obsolete military weapon and even worse ammunition known to be totally unuseable after ten rounds on a hot day. Sharps, Spencers, Remingtons, Peabodys...exported to Europe by the thousands. A proud day for the Army procurement program and arsenal, 210 blue coated bodies, but by God we saved a lot of money with the trapdoors.

And idiotic.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
The Chipawah here call the Souix (dog eaters). No love there.lol. Edk

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I would have chose AR’s or drones over walkie-talkies but walkie-talkies would have helped a lot no doubt. Either probably would have won the battle for him.

W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by dassa
You'd think one of these years he'd try a different strategy.

Attack without mercy? Surely that would work!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
146th.

Only four years to the 150th.

That’s gonna be a party.

147th, they lost the first year too…

Ain’t gonna criticize. Folks was refighting the Alamo every year out front on the plaza until it was realized the little Alamo sprinkles raining down from the inside of the church with the concussion from each cannon blast prob’ly wouldn’t spontaneously regenerate.

We were always losing anyhow. We still do get to lose and be massacred at Goliad.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
O
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Pharmseller

I’d put my money on heavy artillery, or a few A-10s.

Actually Custer himself would have done best with some Kevlar.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
146th.

That’s gonna be a party.

Ain’t gonna criticize. Folks was refighting the Alamo every year out front on the plaza until it was realized the little Alamo sprinkles raining down from the inside of the church with the concussion from each cannon blast prob’ly wouldn’t spontaneously regenerate.

We were always losing anyhow. We still do get to lose and be massacred at Goliad.

Hopefully you don’t teach Math, you missed by a battle…

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by deflave

And idiotic.
DeFlate, (historian, sociologist, arms expert, psychologist, epidemiologist, infectious disease expert, sage, economic advisor, prophet, author of a 100,000 informative and enlightening posts) Thank you for setting me straight. Just think of the mayhem the 139 British soldiers at Rorkes Drift could have caused the 4,500 Zulu ....had they only been armed with trapdoors instead of those pathetic Martini-Henry's (modified Peabody 1866).

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
1876 +150 = 2026

2026 - 2022 = 4

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
1876 +150 =2026 +1 for 1876

2026 - 2022 = 4

Keep trying, you forget to count the first battle of 1876, you need to quit trying, you are and will continue to be wrong with your new math.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
I would have chose AR’s or drones over walkie-talkies but walkie-talkies would have helped a lot no doubt. Either probably would have won the battle for him.

Even currently obsolete M1 Garands would have turned the tide of battle.

Just Sayin. wink

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
146th.

That’s gonna be a party.

Down here on the Little Bighorn, celebrating the 146th anniversary of the Custer battle in Eastern Montana, Custer lost it again.

Maybe next year…

Nice time of year for a battle regardless.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I was there 2 weeks ago. One thing that amazed me was the low numbers of Indians allegedly killed. One would think that soldiers would have taken out at least 1 or 2 warriors each. Unless they dragged the bodies off like the VC and NVA.

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
1876 +150 =2026 +1 for 1876

2026 - 2022 = 4

Keep trying, you forget to count the first battle of 1876, you need to quit trying, you are and will continue to be wrong with your new math.

Got it, riding in on that fateful day 6/25/1876, Custer says “Look at all those fuggin’ Indians, and it’s only the first anniversary!”

When you get there in 2025, don’t unpack the ice chest just yet....

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Originally Posted by WAM
I was there 2 weeks ago. One thing that amazed me was the low numbers of Indians allegedly killed. One would think that soldiers would have taken out at least 1 or 2 warriors each. Unless they dragged the bodies off like the VC and NVA.

Someone posted on the LBH battle awhile back when this subject came up. I can’t remember who but maybe it was Shrapnel.

The posters said something to the effect about the military did very little target practice account of the cost, something like 20 rounds a year.. But what he pointed out was the lack of fire control. Literally shooting over their heads with the 45-70’s rainbow tragectory.

Maybe it happened like that, maybe it didn’t.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
what Custer should have done the day before the battle was send the Indians at least 6- 8 wagon loads of barrels of whiskey .

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1Longbow, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 1234, 56 invisible), 3,169 guests, and 1,219 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,665
Posts18,534,104
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.