-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The same could be said for evolution. Did eyes evolve first or the brains capacity to interpret what the eyes see? How about all of the nerves in between? Why did humans that supposedly evolved from apes loses the ability to keep warm without clothes, lose our canine teeth and ape like strength and athletic ability while still living in the Stone Age while it would have been a huge advantage to have those qualities much more so than a stick as a weapon? Would you want to fight apes with a stick even with a higher IQ?

No doubt some evolution and natural selection occur but it’s a huge leap of faith to use evolution as an explanation for everything today too.

GB4

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
AKA_Spook,

There is iron in your words.

I agree that the first century approach to advancing the gospel modeled by Jesus and His apostles is very different from what we see today.

People do all sorts of despicable things “in the name of” whatever. But just because someone says they do this or that “in the name of” God or whatever, it clearly doesn’t mean that their actions truly have anything whatsoever to do with that or those entities.

Jesus’ New Covenant is simple. But as you point out it is quite difficult to love others as Jesus loves us; especially when those ‘others’ are difficult to love.

And I also agree wholeheartedly with your last point. Some think that the real Jesus can ‘only’ be revealed and authenticated by what’s found in scripture. I’m not one of em’. Jesus clearly said that He had many more things to say to His followers, and that He would send the Holy Spirit to guide His followers “into all the truth.”

I appreciate your comments and contributions to this discussion.

And you have a good evening as well.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sometimes it's impossible to have an intelligent exchange of ideas on the fire.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by J4Me
Originally Posted by BeardedGunsmith
Originally Posted by Hastings
Christians sentenced thousands if not millions to torturous death by a slow fire while tied to a post. Islam has nothing on Christianity for torture and murder. They are just several centuries behind Christianity.
You mean Catholics. I don't care what anyone says, they aren't Christians.

Why aren't Catholics Christians? Enlighten me.
The only "denomination " with weird cult like tendencies that are mentioned nowhere in the Bible. Hail Marys, Pope's, praying.to saints, etc...

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
The same could be said for evolution. Did eyes evolve first or the brains capacity to interpret what the eyes see? How about all of the nerves in between? Why did humans that supposedly evolved from apes loses the ability to keep warm without clothes, lose our canine teeth and ape like strength and athletic ability while still living in the Stone Age while it would have been a huge advantage to have those qualities much more so than a stick as a weapon? Would you want to fight apes with a stick even with a higher IQ?

No doubt some evolution and natural selection occur but it’s a huge leap of faith to use evolution as an explanation for everything today too.

Evolution is proven. Theory is related to the means and mechanisms by which organisms adapt and evolve.

IC B2

G
G
Luke 1:28
The angel went to her and said, “Greetings, to you who are highly favored! The lord is with you!”
Elizabeth, John the baptists mother said this

Luke 1:42
In a loud voice she exclaimed, “Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the child that you bear!”

Luke 1:48,49
for he has been mindful of the state of his lowly servant. From now on all generations shall call me blessed,for the mighty one has done great things for me holy is his name.

This is the niv translation. Now the Hail Mary is recited as such, mind you from scripture itself but this translation was nowhere to be found at that time.
Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with you. Blessed are you among women and blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus
Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death, Amen.

First part scripture, second part asking her, the mother of God, which she is, she gave flesh to the second person of the Trinity to save us from ourselves and we are asking her to pray for us. Do you ask people to pray for you or viceversa? Do you refer to her as the blessed mother of God? Better check your bible.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
When I was religious I asked living people to pray for me. The Bible says to not pray to the dead. Mary isn't able to atone sins either. She isn't part of the godhead.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by J4Me
Christians sentenced thousands if not millions to torturous death by a slow fire while tied to a post. Islam has nothing on Christianity for torture and murder. They are just several centuries behind Christianity.
You mean Catholics. I don't care what anyone says, they aren't Christians.

Why aren't Catholics Christians? Enlighten me.
The only "denomination " with weird cult like tendencies that are mentioned nowhere in the Bible. Hail Marys, Pope's, praying.to saints, etc...

"Weird cult like tendencies"? Some of you watch too much TV.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I don't even own a TV anymore.

G
G
If I pray to those who are saints, are they not alive with God? The place we desire to be, to see the face of God and live!!
She cannot atone for sins, never said that. She is the mother of Jesus, and that was his mission and she gave her consent to participate in this Divine misssion to save souls. If she had not gave her consent, would God have forced her to comply? No. God will not force only knock at the door to your heart, my heart to consent to serve him. Only a slave is forced, God only wants us to choose him out of love because it is from our own free will to accept or reject him, sadly if our choice is to reject him, he will honor his gift to us of free will and give us our reward for our choice. And scripture tells us, the Holy Spirit who inspired scripture, to call her blessed. That is only from God himself not me, not the Catholic Church.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A lot of that happened in Span and other places where control was won back from Islam, so the retaliation ain't real hard to understand.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
No they didn't. That was done by political non-Christian churches who clearly knew nothing about what Jesus taught. The early Catholic and Church of England church leaders have a lot to answer for when they stand before the Lord. Hell is going to have an astonishing display of burning popes and bishops.
Yep

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The Roman Catholic Church, which is Christian, held power in Europe for centuries.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by persiandog
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm

Christians invented the word infidel, and they even turned on other Christians, and still do.

sir , you are an 1asshole , we are talking about a crime that is happening right now , i don't give a 1shit about your 1stupid ancestors.

It's like they say, while people continue ro believe the absurd, attrocities will continue to occur

Agreed. After having watched what happened in China, Russia, Vietnam and Cambodia, atheist communists scare the heck out of me!

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by DBT
The Roman Catholic Church, which is Christian, held power in Europe for centuries.
What they called themselves is irrelevant. What they did was WAY outside any teachings in the Bible. Regardless of their names, they were NOT Christian.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by antlers
Do the ancient Israelites get a pass from you for the genocides they’ve committed when they’ve slaughtered every living thing — men, women, children, infants, and animals…?

They were the ancient version of the Einsatzgruppen.
The ancient Canaanites were evil. They would throw their own children into fires as sacrifices. They practiced all kinds of sexual perversion. (Not unlike modern liberals.) When God was talking to Abraham, he said that their sin wasn't yet full. God then gave them another 500 years to clean up their act before he sent in the Israelites to deal with them.

― George Orwell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So slaughter every single one of the children and infants because of the evil things that their parents did…?

Not very palatable when one believes that human beings are the supreme object of God’s creation, and love.

And especially not very palatable when one considers just how special Jesus Himself clearly considered children to be.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Gapski
If I pray to those who are saints, are they not alive with God? The place we desire to be, to see the face of God and live!!
She cannot atone for sins, never said that. She is the mother of Jesus, and that was his mission and she gave her consent to participate in this Divine misssion to save souls. If she had not gave her consent, would God have forced her to comply? No. God will not force only knock at the door to your heart, my heart to consent to serve him. Only a slave is forced, God only wants us to choose him out of love because it is from our own free will to accept or reject him, sadly if our choice is to reject him, he will honor his gift to us of free will and give us our reward for our choice. And scripture tells us, the Holy Spirit who inspired scripture, to call her blessed. That is only from God himself not me, not the Catholic Church.

Apparently, you are fairly new here and have not encountered some who use the Whole Bible rather than pick and choose and assemble stuff together to teach something other than what God's Word actually says. There is nowhere we are told to pray to dead people. Mary, the mother of Jesus died. Consider....

2 Timothy 2:1-6
"First of all, then, I urge that entreaties and prayers, petitions and thanksgivings, be made on behalf of all men, for kings and all who are in authority, so that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity. This is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself as a ransom for all, the testimony given at the proper time."

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
If I pray to those who are saints, are they not alive with God?
The Bible says that there's no contact between the living and the dead. There's no point in praying to any dead person because they can't hear you and they can't intermediate with the Lord. Pray ONLY directly to Christ or the Father. Jesus gave us the authority to go directly to him when he died on the cross and the temple veil was torn apart. The idea of having to pray to some dead person is an attempt at keeping the church in a position of power above the people. Yes, we can ask other living people to pray for us, but at the same time we can go straight to Christ with our own prayers.

― George Orwell

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by persiandog
this picture is not from 7th century . get up early and kill them.

I don't suppose you detected the irony in this. You decry the Muzzies for wanting to kill christians. Your solution: Kill them.

Organized religion is great....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

651 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 17CalFan, 78 invisible), 2,079 guests, and 1,289 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,891
Posts18,479,187
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.