Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Steve Lytte
October 14, 2007

ONE of the world's foremost meteorologists has called the theory that helped Al Gore share the Nobel Peace Prize "ridiculous" and the product of "people who don't understand how the atmosphere works".

Dr William Gray, a pioneer in the science of seasonal hurricane forecasts, told a packed lecture hall at the University of North Carolina that humans were not responsible for the warming of the earth.

His comments came on the same day that the Nobel committee honoured Mr Gore for his work in support of the link between humans and global warming.

"We're brainwashing our children," said Dr Gray, 78, a long-time professor at Colorado State University. "They're going to the Gore movie [An Inconvenient Truth] and being fed all this. It's ridiculous."

At his first appearance since the award was announced in Oslo, Mr Gore said: "We have to quickly find a way to change the world's consciousness about exactly what we're facing."

Mr Gore shared the Nobel prize with the United Nations climate panel for their work in helping to galvanise international action against global warming.

But Dr Gray, whose annual forecasts of the number of tropical storms and hurricanes are widely publicised, said a natural cycle of ocean water temperatures - related to the amount of salt in ocean water - was responsible for the global warming that he acknowledges has taken place.

However, he said, that same cycle meant a period of cooling would begin soon and last for several years.

"We'll look back on all of this in 10 or 15 years and realise how foolish it was," Dr Gray said.

During his speech to a crowd of about 300 that included meteorology students and a host of professional meteorologists, Dr Gray also said those who had linked global warming to the increased number of hurricanes in recent years were in error.

He cited statistics showing there were 101 hurricanes from 1900 to 1949, in a period of cooler global temperatures, compared to 83 from 1957 to 2006 when the earth warmed.

"The human impact on the atmosphere is simply too small to have a major effect on global temperatures," Dr Gray said.

He said his beliefs had made him an outsider in popular science.

"It bothers me that my fellow scientists are not speaking out against something they know is wrong," he said. "But they also know that they'd never get any grants if they spoke out. I don't care about grants."

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Never hear THAT in the local news out here. Bear

Bear

Life is what happens to you as you are making other plans.

NRA Patron Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Global warming has largely replaced Communism as the religion of the radical liberals. Kudos to Professor Gray for standing against the "new" scientific status quo.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If the Gorebots really believe their mantra they'd fall on their swords for the benefit of all mankind.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It just stands to reason that human activity has some bearing on global climate.

Kinda like when I pizz in the ocean, you know it raised the water level some, prolly made it more salty too!

"This ain't dress rehearsal....it's the life you get to live, make it a good one."

TEAMWORK = a bunch of people doing what I say
IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
What just kills me, is his house.... bastard, preaching BS and backing it up with what? A totally non efficient non green house...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
now c'mon Jeff, you know it's the Democrat mantra, do as I say, not as I do.

c'mon buddy, get with the program.

the rules they make are for US not THEM.

"This ain't dress rehearsal....it's the life you get to live, make it a good one."

TEAMWORK = a bunch of people doing what I say
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Yeah but others tell me the dems are so much better than the repubs... and Hillary is good, won't do social medicine or even think about touching ANY of our guns....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
D
DMB Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Gore has the hysterical element of society on his side. They include the MSM and all of the sheeple who are swayed by by Gore's nonsense. And, there's a WHOLE lot of money involved with his church contributions. He doesn't want to do a thing to screw up his income.
Rational thinking doesn't get a vote in his church.

Don Buckbee

JPFO
NRA Benefactor Member
NSSA Life Member

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd like to punch Al Gore in the face...

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
IC B3

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
This whole "Global Warming" mantra of Gore's is just a way for him to stay visible in his run for the Presidency.

Have you noticed the sudden appearance of groups calling for him to run? Interesting to say the least.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I'd pay to see that! How the Boys doing so far? I believe Carolyn is training on her bike while watching....

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Bart185
I'd like to punch Al Gore in the face...

There is a good cheerleader type chant:

Make the world a better place,
Punch Al Gore in the face....

Me

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
And when he turns to run real fast,
Then you kick him in the ...!

NRA Patron Member
U.S. Navy Veteran 1969-1973
Sons of the American Revolution
Sons of Confederate Veterans
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What pisses me off the most is when some say "the debate is over, we now have established fact".

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by rost495
What just kills me, is his house.... bastard, preaching BS and backing it up with what? A totally non efficient non green house...

Don't you mean houses? and lead mines and jet aircraft and big honken SUV's and all the hot air and methane he spouts all the time. Gore is the biggest cause of clobal warming since the end of the last ice age. Ten or fifteen years from now he will have totally reversed himslef and we will be the cause of global cooling and the comeing ice age.

Declaration of Independance, in ENGLISH
U.S. Constitution, in ENGLISH
U.S. Bill of Rights, in ENGLISH
If you cannot or don't want to learn ENGLISH, go back to the third world cesspool you came from
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think he is brilliant. He's made money through his leases to mining companies, polluted the neighborhood,has a larger carbon footprint than 30+ families, and still is able to convince morons that they should feel guilty for driving a Lumina instead of a Prius. So much so, that said morons will purchase Carbon Off-sets from the company that he set up, while he gets to fly around in his private jet. I wish I had thought of that.
Which reminds me, I received 14 animal credits from my sister for my birthday ( she raises horses). I will only be using 6, so I have 8 left that I will let go for $200 each. Now you can hunt guilt free!

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Bart, Stand in line," All Gore" has more Bull Schit than Hillary Clinton!!! Don

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Question is:

If Algore and Hitlery Klinton fell off the top of the Empire State building at the same time, who would hit the ground first?

Answer is:

WHO CARES? smile

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

321 members (204guy, 219 Wasp, 17CalFan, 257robertsimp, 1_deuce, 41 invisible), 2,512 guests, and 1,218 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,239
Posts18,485,851
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.