-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
W
OP Offline
W
With our duck season being a little slow...I am looking at extending my hunting with some Canada Goose hunting....what are best, inexpensive floaters, out there....and where to get them

<A HREF="http://www.thesouthernoutdoorsman.com" TARGET=_blank>www.thesouthernoutdoorsman.com</A>
GB1

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
The best prices I've found on decoys is from http://www.Wingsupply.com/store/default.asp One thing about mail order though, is that shipping will likely add about $15.00 to each dozen you get. In some cases, like full body dekes (Bigfoots, Higdons, Flambeau Persuaders) shipping will be in the $20.00 range per box (4 or 6). If you can find a store near you that sells decoys, it may be less expensive when you consider shipping from a mail order company.<p>If the geese are hunted pretty heavy in your area, you will need a LOT of decoys. Here in northern Colorado, the geese get pounded day in and day out. They see thousands of decoys every day and it takes something on the order of 250+ decoys here to be successful. And a hunter needs four or five dozen full body dekes in his spread too. This is field hunting. Most of the water areas here where geese might set are closed to hunting as resting areas for the birds.<p>Carry Lites and Flambeau are the least expensive decoys. Carry Lites are made of thinner plastic so they are lighter in weight than the other brands. You can carry more, but they don't last as many seasons as Flambeau's, Bigfoots, G&H's, and the others. Flambeau's are perhaps the best buy. <p>Check Herters.com also for decoys. They have their own line although the foam(polythene) decoys they sell wouldn't be my first choice.<p>Good luck to ya. Hope you fare better than we do here in CO. These birds are tough!!

You see in this world, there's two kinds of people my friend; those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
for whatever it's worth... i have had my best success hunting canadian geese over land. i use flambeau shell dekes, a picked corn field, and a pair of labs...<p>anyway, don't know if you've ever considered hunting them on land or not, but if you haven't, then there's some food for thought.

Hunting is not a matter of life or death. It is much more important than that.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (16gage, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 59 invisible), 2,667 guests, and 1,316 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,459
Posts18,471,175
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.