Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
We were going to cut Christmas trees one year and my wife's cousin brought her new redneck boyfriend along. This old boy had a 2wd Nissan hard body with welded gears and a stretchy tow strap. Couple dudes in a big old Jeep with full width axles, Carhartts and Bomber hats go blowing by everybody that was waiting to cut a tree. Fellas was acting all invincible until they got stuck and nobodies mini van would pull them out. LOL

Of course Redneck boyfriend slingshots em the fugg outta there. These fellas stop to thank him on the way out.

"Hey man, we sure appreciate the assist! Can we buy you a drink at the Bambi Inn?"

"Sure!"

The Bambi Inn was PACKED and everyone was talking about the 2wd Nissan that pulled out the local hero in his built Jeep!

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
These questions you're asking make you sound like a retard.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rlott

He is.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Many more times than I can possibly remember

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A guy at an outdoor cocktail party noticed that his fly was open. The patio was quite crowded, and he felt that he could zip up in the midst of the group without notice. Unfortunately, he was too close to a lady and zipped up the back of her dress in his fly. He quietly pointed out the problem to the lady in question, and they decided that the best course of action was to cautiously waddle through the crowd to the back of the house and sort things out inside. They almost had it made when the Doberman came running up and threw a bucket of water on them.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Have pulled many people out of the sand on the island.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yes

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've pulled any number of guys out with a recovery strap.
Those straps can be dangerous if not used right. Quite a few years ago, a guy in a car pulling a trailer was in the hills south of here cutting firewood. He got the trailer loaded then tried to cross a small creek. He got nicely stuck in the mud. Another guy with a pickup had a strap. They put it around the car's front bumper and hooked to the truck's front tow hook. When the truck owner hit the end of the strap, it ripped the bumper clear off the car and threw it through the windshield of the truck, killing the driver.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rlott

Well, then so be it. The constant R v W threads get a bit old and riffing on Wabi's questions is entertaining.

Camuglias Rescue Raptor along with his licking the sweat off Burns cajones makes em even more funner.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ldholton
Many more times than I can possibly remember

^ ^ This ^ ^

Haul ass, haul ass! - Pappy
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I once pulled a lady out of a snowbank about 30 years ago in an upstate NY blizzard with my pickup.

When I yanked her out, she turned her wheels the wrong way and I pulled her right straight across the road into the opposite side of the road snowbank and buried her car even deeper. But the real problem was now she had the chain, hooked to the back of my truck, tightly stretched across the road. Before I could get the truck backed up and take the tension off the chain and unhook it from my truck 2 more cars came over the hill with nowhere to go except right into the chain hooked to 2 vehicles on opposite sides of the road or the ditch. Luckily, they both chose the ditch. I unhooked my chain and apologized to the 2 other cars and left. Ever since that day when I see somebody in the ditch, I offer to call them a tow truck...

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yes, twice in California and twice in Utah. All on deer hunting trips.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Bambi Inn. I've had drinks in that little backwoods bar many times

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Dryer? Couch? Under the coffee table?

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
When I lived in Utah I pulled out several 4 X 4s with my 2 X 4 Dotson pick up truck out of snow banks
I did 2 in one day just trying to get to work and they were blocking the road so I had no choice.
You would think that People in Utah would know how to drive in the snow.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by 5sdad
A guy at an outdoor cocktail party noticed that his fly was open. The patio was quite crowded, and he felt that he could zip up in the midst of the group without notice. Unfortunately, he was too close to a lady and zipped up the back of her dress in his fly. He quietly pointed out the problem to the lady in question, and they decided that the best course of action was to cautiously waddle through the crowd to the back of the house and sort things out inside. They almost had it made when the Doberman came running up and threw a bucket of water on them.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Young couple in a Honda Civic with β€œjust married” painted all over it. Matagorda. Any Tx guys who have been there know that it’s a 4x4 fishing spot only signs posted everywhere before you enter, dumb kids but I pulled them out and congratulated them and told them they should pay closer attention to the signs next time...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Higginez;
Good evening to you sir, I hope the last weekend in June was good for you folks and you're all well.

We've been running a 4x4 since '81 and had a bunch of recovery gear on them since about '82, including a winch.

Remind me to tell you the "story before this story" sometime, but the oddest one was that buddy and I met up on a mountain looking for mulies and blue grouse one fine fall day and as we were shooting the breeze a brand new red, regular cab Mazda 4x4 goes sailing past us like it was a Baja contestant. There were two mid '30's guys in it, the back full of coolers and gun cases, none of which were secured sufficiently for their velocity.

Buddy made some comment about the bar must be opening soon and I said I was going to shoot one more grouse to get my daily limit of 5 and then head down. We parted company and in about 5 minutes another blue walked out and joined 4 of it's kind behind the seat of my '87 extended cab F150.

I headed down then and honestly in one of the straighter sections of what was not a straight road there on it's side was the Mazda.

One of the guys was standing beside it picking up debris from over the bank and the other was silently bleeding at the side of the road as he examined the barrel on his shotgun which was quite a U shape.

I stopped of course - they were in the middle of the road after all - oh and they'd hit a big water bar too fast and instead of taking it straight on, the driver had gone up on the bank on the left to avoid it and put the rig on it's side instead. When one of the two asked if I had anything to flip them back on the wheels, I replied they'd flopped their little red truck over in front of the right redneck, because in point of fact I absolutely did.

About this time bent shotgun guy slides over to me, quite perturbed like and starts telling me that he'd been telling buddy to slow down, that they were going to get in trouble and that on top of the bent shotgun and wrecked cooler the larger driver had crushed him fairly well in the wreck.. So he wasn't a happy chap at that juncture.

I located a point on the frame behind the front wheel to stick a shackle on safely, then found a decent Doug Fir up on the bank to strap a snatch block to, ran out the Warn's winch line and finally dropped an old Carhartt chore coat onto the cable just to be safe.

As I'm tightening up the slack, the driver goes over to the box and starts to "help" push it back over. This really and truly pisses off bent shotgun man who hisses, "Tell that _____ to get back here before the truck rolls on him!"

With as much tact as possible, I suggested that the truck box pusher cease and desist and come back to my pickup where it was safe....

Nope, he knew better and stayed put.

Again, I can't get me and my daily limit of grouse home without removing the pickup, so I've no choice but to be a wee bit firmer with the fellow who was both older and larger than me. Again I'm 5'6" on a tall day so larger don't take much.

While I forget my exact words, I more or less said to him that while I was a trained Occupational First Aid attendant, reviving someone who'd been crushed under a truck was a wee bit more than I had gear in the pickup to deal with. I "might" have asked if he wanted me to put him down or just leave him on the side of the road or something of that nature, because he was quite hurt apparently and came quietly back to the front of my Ford.

Bent shotgun man thought it was the funniest thing he'd heard in a awhile however.

The setup was a good one and the Warn easily popped the Mazda back onto it's wheels.

They were going to fire it up and drive away but took my suggestion to check the fluids first, which as I recall were pretty good, so then the driver fired it up and off they went, in nearly as much of a hurry as they'd been in before. Oh, they did say thanks before leaving, I need to be clear about that.

I'm never in a rush when I'm up the mountain so I pondered the vagaries of life and wondered about how animated the conversation might have become on the way back down.

Post Script..

About two weeks later my good wife and I were headed into a local micro brew pub for a burger when who should we run into but bent shotgun barrel man! He thanked me profusely again, told my wife what a heck of a good vehicle recovery guy I was and laughed once more when I turned to my wife and said, "See, it wasn't a wild story I made up!" laugh

Post, Post Script...

Some other night if anyone is interested I'll tell about riding up on a young hunter who'd just killed his first buck and didn't know what to do.

That'll be a question for another thread perhaps?

Another night for sure though as 5:00 comes early and I'm old now.

Thanks for the thread, thanks for reading this far and all the best in the upcoming week.

Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 06/26/22. Reason: better wording?

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Hi Dwayne - standing by for the next story. The one above is well worth the read. The vagaries of life are something to ponder for sure.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yep!

Pulled out lots of other rigs.

was pulling out a "stuck in the mud" buddy, thought I had the slack out of my chain,

Gunned it, and when the slack was out, the chain snapped, going through my rear window, just missing my head, and the windshield.

Expensive lesson!

Virgil B.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

539 members (1badf350, 1minute, 2500HD, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 117LBS, 59 invisible), 2,359 guests, and 1,355 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,167
Posts18,503,094
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.