Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A friend of mine was up late studying for a med. school exam back in the days of long hair. He fell asleep sitting at the table, his head propped up by the hand that was holding his cigarette. He woke up when his hair caught fire. (Out before any serious damage done.)

We taught the third-graders "stop, drop, and roll". On the way home one genius saw some people burning leaves along the street. Decided to catch his jean cuffs on fire to try out what we had taught. Did get some minor burns on his legs before the people doing the burning put him out.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
A few times, mostly clothes only.
Once welding with kitchen matches in my shirt pocket -DUHHH!!!
A few times cutting steel with a demolition saw.
A few times with gasoline mishaps.
Once, I evidently got an old electric blanket folded over. Woke up ~ 2AM feeling kinda WARM!!!
No lasting injuries, though.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Does having a chair fold up and your foot going into the campfire (barefoot) at around 5 count?

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I got a scar on my left forearm of the stove top burner from when I was putting an ass whopping on my then 37 yr old stepson. he got me with one good punch and I put my arm back to catch my balance and the burner was on.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Once, spilled some mineral spirits, no problem, burn it off, fire got too big, tried to put it out with a rag with mineral spirits on it, got my hand a little before I threw it in the grass and let it burn itself out. Learned a valuable lesson: Don't light off spilled flammables!

And these zombies line up and eat from the media’s trough

Cowards CANNOT be free. Nor should they be.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
From head to toe. Luckily wearing jeans, a long sleeve cotton shirt. lit up like a roman candle. As I hit the ground, watched the skin on the back of my hand bubble. Wife, being the cool and calm type, put me out. And then took me to the burn center. Healed up fine.

KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nope. Minor burns occasionally. But never caught myself on fire.

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Back in high school me and my cousin were out in the woods, for some reason we had kitchen matches.

Leaf litter breaks down pretty quick down here in the warm climate but up north it can pile up pretty deep, this was NY State.

So of course we get to wondering how easy the leaf litter ignites and toss a match. It does and now we want to see how fast it spreads. Turns out it was an exponential rate of increase.

Holy crap, by the time we got it out our boot soles were melted all to heck grin

Prob’ly we shoulda gone to work for the forest service.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Originally Posted by CashisKing
PS... Ben it is OK to cuss here...

The mods don't care

Well that's [bleep] cool. VGT is getting pretty woke nowadays, not really fun. And nothing but overpriced stippled Glocks listed.

On fire: I was hot capping a natural gas line one time and shocked the piss out of myself. Dropped the stinger and swept my arm through the jet of fire, caught most of my left side on fire. Stuck my arm in the giant puddle I was standing in, put out the fire, but shocked myself again. Take a guess where I had dropped the stinger..........

Last edited by Verylargeboots; 06/27/22.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Let’s just say I’ve had the opportunity. Never been on fire, but have been in some tight situations in my younger years.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
IC B3

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by stxhunter
I got a scar on my left forearm of the stove top burner from when I was putting an ass whopping on my then 37 yr old stepson. he got me with one good punch and I put my arm back to catch my balance and the burner was on.

So he got a double ass whoopin?

Did the Docs say if they think you might need any skin grafts?

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Skillet caught fire one night just after college as I was cooking for a chick who wanted some meat right then and distracted me.

Curtains by sink window caught fire. I grabbed the skillet handle and headed to the back door as the burning grease covered my hand. Pitched it out and hit water on myhand and got fire in kitchen out.

Stayed up all night with hand in an ice bucket. When it got numb and quit hirting I'd take it out and try to sleep but the pain would be right back so back in again it went.

Quit hurting real bad at daylight so I wrapped it up and went to see the first several pts and had the rest cancel or moved to the eye surgeons in the clinic.

Went to a surgeon and he removed dead skin and said I'd have to get my hand skin grafted.

He removed dead skin every other day for 2 weeks and by the Grace of God my hand healed.

Now I cant even tell which hand was burned.

Last edited by jaguartx; 06/27/22.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jaguartx

So he got a double ass whoopin?

Did the Docs say if they think you might need any skin grafts?
Didn't go to the doc, I pulled my pistol on him and he called the cops, they took him away, lol.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
They never should have invented that "fire" stuff, judging by some of the stories you fellas are telling.

We'd still be eating raw meat and grinding hard grains with our teeth instead of eating oatmeal and cream of wheat.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Welding a few times.

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I was squirting starting fluid on the BBQ pit when the wind blew the fluid back on my T-shirt and the flames back on me. I went up like a torch. My stepson knocked me down and rolled me to put them out. I ended up with my hands burned from trying to rip my shirt off and my eyebrows and mustache singed off, worst was my hands had to go to the hospital for those.

Starting fluid??? You gotta have some balls to spray that stuff on a fire. Hope they didn't get singed.

Life (and forums) is like a box of animal crackers----There's a Jackass in every box
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Once hunting brown bear in Kamchatka ,Russia. Springtime in mountains wilh the snow melting and refreezing at night. Snow gets more rotten everyday. Russian couldn’t speak English but we did okay. We were both hunters. He had an ancient snowmobile with me behind on sled.Snow got so rotten we couldn’t get back to camp so had to spend the night in the bush. The Russian had a couple of old cotton wholey patchwork quilts like your grandmother made. The Russian built a big fire . We froze ass off and hugged each other all night trying to stay warm to no avail. In middle of the night we get colder and colder only to unknowingly moving closer and start hugging fire to stay warm. Woke up on fire. No big deal, you do what you gotta do til morning. Next morning when we woke the snow was frozen and we made it back to camp like nothing happened . Not the first time I’ve been caught out.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by AZmark
I was squirting starting fluid on the BBQ pit when the wind blew the fluid back on my T-shirt and the flames back on me. I went up like a torch. My stepson knocked me down and rolled me to put them out. I ended up with my hands burned from trying to rip my shirt off and my eyebrows and mustache singed off, worst was my hands had to go to the hospital for those.

Starting fluid??? You gotta have some balls to spray that stuff on a fire. Hope they didn't get singed.
bbq starting fluid

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

542 members (12344mag, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1lessdog, 1234, 43 invisible), 2,349 guests, and 1,273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,107
Posts18,502,189
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.