Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
What’s the Bible say about marriage? Is Christianity or the bible affiliated with the United States and it’s founding?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Leviticus 18:22...............Thou shalt not lie with mankind as with womankind, it is ABOMINATION.

Pretty simple

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Teal
The .gov of any stripe has no business being involved in marriage. Straight/gay/same sex, or not.

I disagree. James Wilson, one of the Founders, said that "the family is that seminary on which the nation ultimately depends for its manners as well as its numbers". Limited government works but only for a moral people and the influence of marriage on the well-being of the family and hence of the body politic is incontrovertible. Most of society's problems today can be traced to the destruction of the two-parent family, which, at its root, is the problem of the destruction of marriage between a man and woman. You cannot have limited government and a weak or non-existent family structure because the latter is necessary to raising up decent citizens.

https://www.thepublicdiscourse.com/2013/02/7821/

Tarquin
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Stickfight
They are not connected.

The word "matrimony" derives from the Latin word for "mother". You lolberterians live in a fantasy world.

Marriage is between you, spouse and God. (via your Church)

Marriage is not connected to nor is it derived from the government. At all. Full stop. Mother =/= Government - unless you're a "it takes a village" Hillary type who believes the parents have no say/sway.

The government involvement has ZERO to do with "guaranteeing a future for children" - The government did NOT recognize marriage under law until the Revenue act of 1913. What does that have to do with marriage? (TAXES not "Securing Children") Compare the sanctity of marriage before 1913 and after....

Government involvement in marriage is what created the push for gay marriage. Equality under the secular rule/instrument.

Had .gov stayed out of marriage and left it to a person's individual Church - they'd not push for it.

Of what redeeming value is there in having the government involved in your marriage. I'll wait. I can understand it involved in dissolution of "a" marriage - whatever that might be within your own church -division of property/child custody but in CREATING the marriage? They offer nothing but a pathway to what we have now - determining who can/can not get married, how and when and who MUST recognize it.

I'll wait while you explain to me why the government has any input on marriage that makes sense in any way/shape or form. Seriously - I want to learn. Explain to me why having the government involved in a union between me, the wife and God via our Priest is better than NOT having the government involved.

Well nice to see you and this boomer look at things the same way.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Stophel
For all the "I don't care what they do in their bedroom" folks... YOU are the problem. Evil should not be tolerated. Period. Look what happens when phaeggotry is tolerated. You gave them an inch....and wonder why they took a mile.
This.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
For all the "I don't care what they do in their bedroom" folks... YOU are the problem. Evil should not be tolerated. Period. Look what happens when phaeggotry is tolerated. You gave them an inch....and wonder why they took a mile.

I don't like it period and agree that "marriage" is between a man and a woman, but this is a "free" country.... what's next? They gonna tell you, you can only have one child ? YOU are making the same argument that the gun grabbers do........ We have the right to keep and bare arms....some people are gonna get shot..... '"IF" we are free....then you're gonna have to deal with some phags.... if we have freedom of religion, you're gonna have to deal with atheists.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Do not confuse Liberty with libertarianism.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Government has no business redefining marriage which is a religious rite between man and a woman.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular

Do not confuse what is "right" with what is constitutional..... it ain't perfect but it's all we got.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by hardway

Do not confuse what is "right" with what is constitutional..... it ain't perfect but it's all we got.
And the Constitution doesn't guarantee a right to gay marriage, either by word or implication. Such things are state matters.

IC B3

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Queers should be unceremoniously thrown out of the military, along with most of the women.

There goes our Air Force.

Just kidding.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

And the Constitution doesn't guarantee a right to gay marriage, either by word or implication. Such things are state matters.

Exactly.... it also does not say they don't .... kind of like what everyone is cheering about in the overturning of roe vs. wade?

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
It’s simply not an issue that the federal government has any business in deciding, that’s up to the states. I hope that we’re in for a resurgence of returning the power back to the people via the states. Instead of congresspersons and senators spending their time kissing ass in DC they should be in their home state kissing their constituents ass instead. 😉

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by CopperSolid
Originally Posted by Riverc
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Queers should be unceremoniously thrown out of the military, along with most of the women.

Agree

Yep. Women make good nurses.
And sometimes, good sandwiches.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
What about if Elvis married you in Vegas?

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Is his wife a mud shark?

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
The Constitution DOES NOT give the federal government the right to make decisions on marriage. Period.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I'll wait while you explain to me why the government has any input on marriage that makes sense in any way/shape or form.

One of the most basic functions of government is to regulate civic order, and regulating marriage is part of regulating civic order.

But you think that eliminating the legal concept of marriage will stop the people firing phag warheads at the institution of marriage, so I know this will bounce clean off your head.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Exactly.... it also does not say they don't .... kind of like what everyone is cheering about in the overturning of roe vs. wade?
When the Constitution is silent on a right, and it's not a right traditionally accepted with deep roots in our national tradition (in which case, it would be protected by the 9th Amendment), that right isn't enforceable by the Supreme Court. Neither the right to abort a child, nor the right of gays to marry, exist (nor are they implied) in the Constitution. Therefore the 10th Amendment leaves them to the individual states. That's how the Constitution was designed to work.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

When the Constitution is silent on a right, and it's not a right traditionally accepted with deep roots in our national tradition (in which case, it would be protected by the 9th Amendment), that right isn't enforceable by the Supreme Court. Neither the right to abort a child, nor the right of gays to marry, exist (nor are they implied) in the Constitution. Therefore the 10th Amendment leaves them to the individual states. That's how the Constitution was designed to work.

That's the way I read the Constitution.

I really don't much care what the gays are doing or if they want to marry but if some state wants to ban it then them's the breaks for gay marrige in that state.

I suspect banning being gay might fall under free speach and should fall under SCOTUS.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

641 members (160user, 1936M71, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 64 invisible), 3,176 guests, and 1,307 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,381
Posts18,469,554
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.