Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
N
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
N
Just to update from a previous thread - I pulled the trigger on a Blackstone Griddle in hopes of making some good food and making it quicker/easier to prep meals. As it turns out, I ended up also starting a routine which includes intermittent fasting where I eat 1x/day (once I get home) and and have been doing this daily for almost 2 weeks and LOVE it! I'm eating good, loosing weight and feeling great! This has been very easy so far so I don't foresee any issues keeping up with the routine. I also have a physical scheduled in mid-July and will be interested to hear what my doctor finds and recommends. My plan is to also start incorporating better food, along the lines of "The Whole 30" plan.

Would like to hear what others are doing in terms of nutrition, meal prep and exercise too!

Here's the short video by Dr. Jason Fung that helped me decide to try fasting......

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Drink for six days and stop one day. You’re golden.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
N
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

That would be nice but I'd like to keep my family for awhile! wink

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Nebraska
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

That would be nice but I'd like to keep my family for awhile! wink
Oh family? Four and two works. Vodka doesn’t have an odor. Ask John Burns

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
N
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
N
I like the zero and seven plan myself. Makes for a good life......

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just low carb, real foods, non or minimally processed foods (“processed” as in cheese, butter, olive oil, yoghurt). You can go all Pharisee on the details, but if you eat a variety of high nutrient dense foods and cut the carbs, you’ll feel, and you’ll be, much better.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Intermittent fasting works. I lost 30 lbs in 6 months trying to eat low carb and then only eat between 12-6 every afternoon, with a "starve" day maybe once every week or two of less than 500 calories if needed to drop weight or get over a plateau. Pretty easy once you get over the first day or two of breaking the food all day habit. Low Carb and intermittent fasting work great together.

Last edited by bludog; 06/28/22.

"Blessed is the man whose wife is his best friend - especially if she likes to HUNT!"

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength, and love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these."
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Dutch
Just low carb, real foods, non or minimally processed foods (“processed” as in cheese, butter, olive oil, yoghurt). You can go all Pharisee on the details, but if you eat a variety of high nutrient dense foods and cut the carbs, you’ll feel, and you’ll be, much better.

very true, sleep better and a lot less inflammation

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I don’t eat much. Ideally I stop eating at 3:30 pm. Cut out or down sugar/carbs. Walk a lot. If you are heavy backpacking that diet is off. Unless something is metabolically wrong with you, you will loose weight by not eating. First stop eating carbs and sugar then cut calories. People break because they can’t tolerate the hunger but you will stop being hungry once your weight is at a level sustained by your caloric intake, at least for me that’s true.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I went to a seminar once called "Hunters protect your heart" and the slide the guy had up on the screen was an areal shot of a dairy farm. Cool we thought, he is going to talk about hunting around all the local dairy farm areas. Nope. The first thing out of his mouth when he started talking was pointing at the dairy farm and saying that anything that comes out of here isn't good for you! Oh oh, milk, cheese, butter, yogurt, red meat...

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by Dutch

very true, sleep better and a lot less inflammation

sleep improved drastically and feeling like crap went away almost immediately when I adopted a shut pie-hole approach for the majority of the day.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Chicken fried steak and mashed taters with cream gravy but you should run the bacon grease through a sieve first. Makes it healthier.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Define intermittent fasting

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by TBREW401

Utensil travel time from plate to mouth?

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Good on ya Nebraska.

I haven't weighed myself since early May so I've no idea how many #'s that I've lost since 6/16 but I'm about to move over another hole on the belt. That will be 2 holes over in 12 days just by paying attention to my intake and adding a little more physical activity to my day.

FJB & FJT
N
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by TBREW401

That video is only 36 minutes and is very entertaining and informative. Definitely worth watching......

N
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by Raeford
Good on ya Nebraska.

I haven't weighed myself since early May so I've no idea how many #'s that I've lost since 6/16 but I'm about to move over another hole on the belt. That will be 2 holes over in 12 days just by paying attention to my intake and adding a little more physical activity to my day.

That's some great results! Keep posting as you go and I'll do the same. I'd like to hear your progress.....

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Windfall
I went to a seminar once called "Hunters protect your heart" and the slide the guy had up on the screen was an areal shot of a dairy farm. Cool we thought, he is going to talk about hunting around all the local dairy farm areas. Nope. The first thing out of his mouth when he started talking was pointing at the dairy farm and saying that anything that comes out of here isn't good for you! Oh oh, milk, cheese, butter, yogurt, red meat...
That’s nonsense.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R

was during the fat is deadly phase in the 1980's based on a faulty study on heart disease from the U of Mn? the diet experts also stated that a high carb diet with grains and margarine was healthy. that's when obesity started in the US

what a moron

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by ribka

was during the fat is deadly phase in the 1980's based on a faulty study on heart disease from the U of Mn? the diet experts also stated that a high carb diet with grains and margarine was healthy. that's when obesity started in the US

what a moron
University of Minnesota...lol.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

526 members (22250rem, 257_X_50, 2500HD, 219DW, 1234, 007FJ, 63 invisible), 2,365 guests, and 1,337 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,797
Posts18,496,252
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.