Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Get on this yesterday- it's nothin to pizz around with.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well, it was found early, that is the good thing. Now follow your doctors advise.

As explained to me it the stuff you did in your 20's and 30's that is coming back to haunt you now. However, my doctor recommended yearly checkups and yes I have a bunch of samples for testing yearly and so far I have been doing well. You would have thought that they froze my ears, face, hands, arms and head after every visit.

Brimmed hat, long sleeve shirts and gloves when working out side. I have picked up a bunch of the new sun block shirts and some fingerless gloves to wear. Purchase sun screen by the case and use it liberally, I was advised. I went with the grease less sun block as I hate having to wipe off every time you come in and or lube up when going out side. They had me on something one year, where I got sunburn sitting under our covered patio on the North side of the house (that was a possible side effect). so make sure that you read the directions on what ever you are prescribed.

I haver had friends, who were looked at every month for their melanoma. It puts you on a schedule of care that you need to pay attention to.

"Sorry don't get it done, Dude"
John Wayne 1959
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've had Mohs skin surgery twice for basal cell and they make you wait until they do the analysis to make sure they got it all before they let you go home. Then it is every 3 months back at the dermatologist for a year, then yearly. I don't like sun screen either, so I bought the Simms white face and head covering and Fish Hawk finger-less gloves that the bone fishermen in Florida wear. That and a big brimmed dorkish hat and wrap around sun glasses and I can pretty well hide from the sun. I wore aviator sun glasses for too long fishing and the sun got my right eyebrow, so those wrap around glasses work better.

Basal cell, squamous cell and melanoma in degrees of severity. Get yourself in there asap.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not to be a downer, but my good neighbor, a vet, who was a redhead had a small one on his back removed one June. By the second June afterward, he was dead. I sat with his wife as he died with tumor growing everywhere. On the other hand my brother’s wife has two sisters who had them excised years ago and seem to be doing ok.

I feel (I have no data) that individual’s immune systems factors in on how our bodies deal with cancer cells. Some seem to succumb fast and early while others who toiled under the sun for decades, and who routinely burned, die in their beds in their 90’s. And that would all would seem to have a genetic basis.

Of course, that may hold for all cancers.

Get rid of any questionable skin lesions posthaste. Or quicker.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

128 members (41rem, 808outdoors, 10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 338reddog, 16 invisible), 1,959 guests, and 987 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,707
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.