Best job I ever had. grin

Great movie.

about as accurate as a marvel cartoon

GB1

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dave_in_WV
You can only schitt on vets and deny VA claims so long until it makes an impact.

Huh??? I was a regular army career counselor ie the retention guy. Not once did a joe say I’m getting out because the VA sucks and they deny claims.. it was more like the Army sucks, coc sucks, my job sucks, the field sucks, pay sucks etc. as the old saying goes if joe ain’t complaining something wrong..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Idi Amin just Delivering what the Orc’s Promised..
Are You Not Entertained…

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by Houston_2
By design.

Houston's sock puppet Ol toot's new military. Slava Ukraine hopefully the US will send 20,000 troops to Ukraine to die for drag queens twerking in Amerika.

Good god wtf is going on in Okinawa?

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Those relaxed standards will open the door for the replacements being ushered in through our good friend to the south.

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

"It's a terrible thing when governments send their young men to kill each other." Charles Byrne,WW2 Vet.
On the day Desert Storm began.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The fact one can make more money by taking a job at McDonald's probably has nothing to do with enlisting issues.

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Not surprised. The military attracts men interested in manliness. Enforcing the woke agenda couldn't have been designed better to keep manly men from wanting anything to do with it.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
What? Nooooo! I can't believe the recruiting cartoon about Emma having two Mommies didn't have kids lining up outside the recruiting office!

[Linked Image from a57.foxnews.com]

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by auk1124
What? Nooooo! I can't believe the recruiting cartoon about Emma having two Mommies didn't have kids lining up outside the recruiting office!

[Linked Image from a57.foxnews.com]
Exactly.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
I skimmed through the article but the part about the Army relaxing standards to allow recruits with neck and hand tattoos without a wavier caught my eye. Sounds like antifa members.

..or gang members. Some gangs sending youngsters to the military to get training (or recruit out of the military) to make them street badasses, so i've been told by some LEO's around here.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Look for efforts to start the draft.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Houston_2
By design.

You go Houston girl!!

L
LBP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Thank God my sons have no interest in the military.

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There is a pile of money to be made and a great retirement for those who join the military. I hate to see young men and women pass up an opportunity. But, I get it. If the Army were letting homo's and cross dressers in the Army in 1973, I might have taken another option. As a country we are in a pile of danger from outside sources. It's a good thing we still have the 2nd Amendment so us militia types can pick up the slack should Martians or King Kong attack. I really think the only thing keeping China out is a pile of rednecks and 30-06's.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Around 2008 a guy ask me if I'd let my daughter enlist.

"If she came and told me she was enlisting in the Marines,
I'd be as proud as a peacock. Terrified at what could happen,
But proud of her."

Today?
I'd try dam hard to change her mind.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have buds still who are career counselors. One was telling me these youngsters are going to Ets. As they say Army is to woke. So he was getting beat up by higher ups, I told him put that in your notes. Tell them what the joes are telling you. Put it in their lap let them deal with it. As of last week, CSM (command sergeant majors)had to call soldiers who were on terminal leave and ask if they still want to reenlist. I do know the active component is sucking ass far as retention. On another note those kids coming in with no high school diploma/can’t pass the asvab etc. will be put into the [bleep] mos’s the army has to offer. 92A, 92F, 92S etc. they will never see SGT points are always 798. Majority will do 3 yrs get out. No diploma if they intend on making the Army a career before they reenlist they will need to get a ged or high school diploma.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 79S
I have buds still who are career counselors. One was telling me these youngsters are going to Ets. As they say Army is to woke. So he was getting beat up by higher ups, I told him put that in your notes. Tell them what the joes are telling you. Put it in their lap let them deal with it. As of last week, CSM (command sergeant majors)had to call soldiers who were on terminal leave and ask if they still want to reenlist. I do know the active component is sucking ass far as retention. On another note those kids coming in with no high school diploma/can’t pass the asvab etc. will be put into the [bleep] mos’s the army has to offer. 92A, 92F, 92S etc. they will never see SGT points are always 798. Majority will do 3 yrs get out. No diploma if they intend on making the Army a career before they reenlist they will need to get a ged or high school diploma.

My son received a counseling over his decision to not re-enlist. That was at the company level (?) had to go do paperwork on it. His CSM called him and asked him if he would as the CSM really likes him personally. Boy said "I'm not going to lie, there's nothing the Army could offer that would get me to stay. There's nothing here for me and I want to simply get on with my life."

CSM respected that transparency.

He's not getting out over the wokeness - he's getting out over the horrible leadership at the NCO level and given NCO's basically "make" junior enlisted - it's there too.

He's a good kid, smart and mature for his age - he just sees a broken system and wants no part of it.

Me

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I served and used to recommend the service to young people. Not anymore ! Everything about the military has gone downhill. Even the retirement has gone to chit. The VA is a disaster ! I personally take my friend to the VA and witness their work. Deny deny until they die is the VAs’ motto. The military is getting a well earned bad reputation.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Good. Get woke, go broke.
Think about it.. By kicking out everyone who wanted to see the vax at least complete its trials they not only reduced numbers, but also the available recruiting pool. Thing is a huge percentage of the remaining recruiting pool probably couldn't even pass the reduced fitness requirements...

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by 79S

My son received a counseling over his decision to not re-enlist. That was at the company level (?) had to go do paperwork on it. His CSM called him and asked him if he would as the CSM really likes him personally. Boy said "I'm not going to lie, there's nothing the Army could offer that would get me to stay. There's nothing here for me and I want to simply get on with my life."

CSM respected that transparency.

He's not getting out over the wokeness - he's getting out over the horrible leadership at the NCO level and given NCO's basically "make" junior enlisted - it's there too.

He's a good kid, smart and mature for his age - he just sees a broken system and wants no part of it.

That’s always been a major problem the NCO corp. I seen many sorry ph ucks get promoted. As a retention guy I had plenty of chitty CSM, 1SG’s etc. many times I just wanted to hang it up. Only way to fix the NCO corp have a good csm that will light a fire under their asses. But good CSM are getting harder to find. Don’t get me started on the current Sergeant major of the Army. He’s more worried about how a black women wears her hair than morale of them NCO corp and Soldiers.

Last edited by 79S; 06/29/22.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

537 members (1lessdog, 1minute, 1badf350, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 57 invisible), 2,539 guests, and 1,156 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,782
Posts18,515,787
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.