Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by PintsofCraft
Didn’t Myron Mixon & Tuffy Stone compete on them?

Probably. Last comp I was at I saw Johnny Trigg using one.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Raeford
Just get a F'kn BGE

Flave

I have two.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by SandBilly
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
I bought an Oklahoma Joe's Highland offset smoker a while back. Didn't break the bank and it works as intended - it smokes.

Not sure dropping $1,500 - $3,000 makes a smoker work any better, but if it makes you feel good, go for it.

Hi-points go bang too. I don’t have any of those either.

'murica!

Gotta love it!

If you want a HumVee instead of a Chevy Colorado.......................................go getcha one!

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Valsdad
I bought an Oklahoma Joe's Highland offset smoker a while back. Didn't break the bank and it works as intended - it smokes.

Not sure dropping $1,500 - $3,000 makes a smoker work any better, but if it makes you feel good, go for it.

Hi-points go bang too. I don’t have any of those either.

'murica!

Gotta love it!

If you want a HumVee instead of a Chevy Colorado.......................................go getcha one!

That’s how it works, i thought. Pat should worry about making his boat payment, not my money.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Raeford
Just get a F'kn BGE

Flave

I have two.

You're done then, convo over. Delete thread.

Clark

FJB & FJT
IC B2

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I guess I could start building these for something to do. Hanco bbq pits. Free half cord of mesquite with every pit.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hanco
I guess I could start building these for something to do. Hanco bbq pits. Free half cord of mesquite with every pit.

Choo Choo!

You do reverse flow?

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I know of at least one guy who’d buy one lol - also make a few simple Santa Maria pits

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

If you can invent something that you can put a
chunk of meat in and close the door and push
a button and go back inside and come back
out when it's completely finished, you'll sell
millions of em
That's what everybody seems to want.
Nobody wants to cook anymore (or knows how)

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Billycat: My brothers got some vertical design Reverse Flow pits that'll melt yer Whiskers... He cooked with John Willingham's team "The River City Rooters" back in the early 90's... They won a load of Awards on the "Memphis in May" & KCBS BBQ circuits... He learned a lot about what works and what doesn't with pits... So with help from the Pierce fire truck metal Fab shop we built our own pits... With Show quality paint & polished 304L stainless steel, They are a sight to behold... I don't have the tech skills to post pics... But if you want to see them, PM me with a # and I'L have him send photos from his phone...

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
7mm_loco,

Share the pics…

Post them with postimg.cc

Real easy.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
SHARE THE PICS!

SHARE THE PICS!

SHARE THE PICS!

😀

Work is what you do to finance your real life.....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 7mm_Loco
Billycat: My brothers got some vertical design Reverse Flow pits that'll melt yer Whiskers... He cooked with John Willingham's team "The River City Rooters" back in the early 90's... They won a load of Awards on the "Memphis in May" & KCBS BBQ circuits... He learned a lot about what works and what doesn't with pits... So with help from the Pierce fire truck metal Fab shop we built our own pits... With Show quality paint & polished 304L stainless steel, They are a sight to behold... I don't have the tech skills to post pics... But if you want to see them, PM me with a # and I'L have him send photos from his phone...

Initially he called it the WambyCue and then settled on the Wham. John had a cue store in Memphis for awhile as well. He was a hell of an inventor.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

[img]https://i.postimg.cc/RZqNgb2c/6-F50-A562-ABA5-4-D06-9-B50-EFA7-C513-D32-B.jpg[/img]

[img]https://i.postimg.cc/t4f7wNH8/AFF01967-9-C39-4-E50-A8-C8-88-CAC44-E37-D8.jpg[/img]

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Initially he called it the WambyCue and then settled on the Wham. John had a cue store in Memphis for awhile as well. He was a hell of an inventor.
Yep... He also Played Major league ball for the Cardinals i think?... Was a member of the Nixon administration, Also worked with the CIA on the "American 180" Brief Case machine gun used in that Israeli hostage situation on the train... Or so i was told by him...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If you're into Memphis BBQ lore, both John and Don Peltz (Corky's) died within hours of each other. Both helped to make Memphis the BBQ capital that it is today.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If you're into Memphis BBQ lore, both John and Don Peltz (Corky's) died within hours of each other. Both helped to make Memphis the BBQ capital that it is today.
I think i remember that there was mild rivalry between these two?... But more so, I remember the notoriety of Charlie Vergos "rendezvous" really stuck in his craw... He'd say "That (Bleep) ain't even Real Barbeque!... I got a few interesting "John" stories... I'L share the best one... John took my brother and i to that old burger place in Memphis that fries their burgers in cast iron pans with Fifty yr old grease... You gotta try it, Elvis ate here all the time he said... I guess it was in an iffy hood cause my brother said "bring the Python"... We finished our burgers, And we got in the car and pulled away just as two young African Americans bolted past on a dead run, Soon followed by a shouting Big black woman poh leece officer (gun in hand)... She was huff'in & puff'in... So Without think'in, I sez out loud "Ain't No Way she's gonna catch them two"... At that, John floors the gas & hauls ass down the street after em... (My brother and i are like, WTF is he doing) He passes them and cuts them off Starsky & Hutch style at the end of the block just as i grabbed the revolver from under the seat... One of them had a gun and i thought sure we was gonna get car jacked or shot at... I put that 357 up and out the window and drew a bead on the armed one... I must have had a serious look as they turned around and ran back toward "Big Momma" who now had back up with her... As john sat there for a moment (apparently bewildered) My brother says "John lets get the "F" outta here before we get arrested or wind up as witnesses" ... I guess John loved to tell an embellished version of that story around the Pitfire once in awhile... I was like "Callahan" with this Huuuge revolver and we helped Memphis PD round up the bad guys... LOL

Last edited by 7mm_Loco; 07/01/22.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

459 members (1Longbow, 22kHornet, 007FJ, 160user, 10Glocks, 1lesfox, 39 invisible), 2,192 guests, and 1,146 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,392
Posts18,469,896
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.