1874 Eads Bridge over the Mississippi River at St. Louis

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

GB1

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by JeffA
Flora Tibbets Kearful, Jerome Kearful, and Phoebe E. Kearful in front of their ranch house at the foot of the Bears Paw Mountains, sixteen miles southeast of Havre, Montana, in present-day Blaine County. 1900

[Linked Image]

That place is still in the family.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thought you might know something of it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
I remember picking cotton as a small child in the blackland prairie. My dear grandmammy gave me this picture she had of me while I was picking with all the folks between Bartlett and Granger Texas.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Wuz you borned a poor black child?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Cool pictures!

Determined people!

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm a bit of a history buff especially early image supported topics.

Really just posting to help archive some of these due to historical value.
Rick's made the site very searchable, it helps when folks are searching for particular historic data.

Most here would rather discuss pay toilets or bitch about Biden.
I just tire of reading the SOS, and burn a few minutes using up Rick's server space, to each his own.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
I own the homestead of the family who had the first white male child born in the county.

History means a lot to us.

History and family.

Sorry Ed...I know I was supposed to say "money".

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image from ewscripps.brightspotcdn.com]
[Linked Image from gannett-cdn.com]
[Linked Image from floridamemory.com][Linked Image from tampabay.com]

Richard Hornbuckle’s car rests where it skidded to a stop 14 inches from the edge of the Sunshine Skyway bridge, struck by the freighter Summit Venture in St. Petersburg on May 9, 1980. The freighter rammed the southbound span of the bridge, collapsing a 1,200-foot length of the bridge and sending several cars and a Greyhound bus into the water. Thirty-five people died.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I own the homestead of the family who had the first white male child born in the county.

History and family.

History is very important, we keep repeating it, it helps tell the future in some cases.

They were hauling' water there in 1912 and still do.

A horse drawn water wagon in front of City Hall in Havre, Montana. Man sits on horse-drawn wagon in front of large brick building. 

[Linked Image]

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular

History and family.

Jim,

If I should ever venture to to your part of the world, I would really like to hear about and see some of the old places.

Really great for your family. Most of mine mostly managed to get swindled by bad choices with good old boy Bankers and such. I'm glad yours were smarter, stronger and/or luckier.

Originally Posted By: slumlord

people that text all day get on my nerves

just knowing that people are out there with that ability,....just makes me wanna punch myself in the balls
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by 007FJ

History and family.

Jim,

If I should ever venture to to your part of the world, I would really like to hear about and see some of the old places.

Really great for your family. Most of mine mostly managed to get swindled by bad choices with good old boy Bankers and such. I'm glad yours were smarter, stronger and/or luckier.

Great Grandad lost his place in a poker game.

He then borrowed the money from the banker and lawyer that cheated him and bought it back.

He didn't get to play for money after that!

I am MAGA.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I bet G Grandma didn't allow him to even see cleavage or even an ankle for 6 months after that stupidity. At least he got "back in the black" by all the work as a result of her putting that foot in his azz!

just knowing that people are out there with that ability,....just makes me wanna punch myself in the balls
N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N

Richard Hornbuckle’s car rests where it skidded to a stop 14 inches from the edge of the Sunshine Skyway bridge, struck by the freighter Summit Venture in St. Petersburg on May 9, 1980. The freighter rammed the southbound span of the bridge, collapsing a 1,200-foot length of the bridge and sending several cars and a Greyhound bus into the water. Thirty-five people died.

I wonder if he set the parking brake before he got out. 😳😁

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
I bet G Grandma didn't allow him to even see cleavage or even an ankle for 6 months after that stupidity. At least he got "back in the black" by all the work as a result of her putting that foot in his azz!

I guess she was a neat old lady.

Saved his butt several times.

Like the time she got in a gunfight with the bootleggers Great Grandad ripped off.

I am MAGA.
N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
When hunting in Colorado and I come upon one of those two or three room log cabins I think, “I wonder what its story is?” Those were some mighty tough and hardy folks.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular

I guess she was a neat old lady.

Saved his butt several times.

Like the time she got in a gunfight with the bootleggers Great Grandad ripped off.

Yep has to be worthy of my time to hear some of those stories should I make it that far north one of these days

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My Grandfather, on the right, standing on a wooden bridge across the Ogeechee River in SE Georgia, around the early 1900's. He used to love to ride motorcycles. Wish he hadn't got rid of it.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Harry
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
There is A very small rise in the ground in eastern Montana where I shot for quite a few years. Near the ghost town of Ollie. Maybe sticks up 3 1/2 feet, maybe 20 feet long.
A couple made it that far one fall in 1897 with three children in tow.
Too late in the fall to build a cabin or structure so the guy scraped up ground to make that little bitty ridge and then he tipped their wagon over along one side of it and that family lasted out the Montana winter living under that wagon.
Very tough people indeed.
For the time I spent on and around dirt scrabble condition reservation life, I’ve stopped many times by what’s left of that little rise and thought in wonderment at that family’s sand.
I haven’t a picture, it wouldn’t show much.

Osky

Last edited by Osky; 06/30/22.

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by navlav8r

I wonder if he set the parking brake before he got out. 😳😁

That had to have a Pucker Factor of about 1000

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 10ring1, 19rabbit52, 62 invisible), 3,012 guests, and 1,268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,490
Posts18,471,914
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.