-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Good neighbors are priceless. Good on you sir.

Wag more, bark less.

The freedoms we surrender today will be the freedoms our grandchildren will never know existed.

The men who wrote the Second Amendment didn't just finish a hunting trip, they just finished liberating a nation.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
At 97, his kids may be crippled or dead!

Politics is War by Other Means
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
When they pass on, the kid will be there with a u haul.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Good on ya for helping him out! Gotta respect the few that we have left.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Here here. Nice of you and a good thing to hear about.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I’d do the same thing if I was in your shoes. Good for you Roger but for some reason I’m not surprised that you’d do something like that. 👍

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by SCgman1
Well, my quick Google claims your neighbor is not charles's brother.......perhaps cousin?

Charles had a brother, his fathers Jr who passed in 2003 according to the innerweb...
yes cousin, believe that's what I said.

Yes sir, my bad......speed reading kills.....

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
GOD bless you Roger.

I hope they dont pass without knowing what some of your brisket or Mexican food tastes like.

Last edited by jaguartx; 06/30/22.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Roger,

I think most folks would be tickled to have you for a neighbor.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks for helping out an aging vet!

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Good on ya, Roger.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You are a good man, Roger.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by RiverRider
That's what being a good neighbor is about. Good on you, Roger.

Originally Posted by Morewood
You are a good man, Roger.

Yes he is.

A good friend once told me, “ I’d rather have a no good brother than to have a bad neighbor “.

Good neighbors are a blessing.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Is a ww11 vet, noticed he hasn't cut his grass in 3 weeks, going to have my yard guy start doing it. I figure he must be 97-98 because he told me he and his wife were 80 when I moved in here. His last name is Kuralt and his cousin was Charles Kuralt the journalist, correspondent, and news anchor. His wife is from Germany and is bedridden now. In the 17 yrs I've lived here I have only seen his son visit them once, pretty sad deal but then I have seen how my brothers have not visited my dad unless I say something to shame them. I just can't understand that kind of indifference from children towards their parents.

My MIL just passed, her son is a real drug head POS, got mad at her 2 years ago because she told him no on some money he wanted, hadn't called or seen her in those 2 years. Fast forward to the visitation and he show up all broken heated and crying about not seeing her for the last 2 years and now she's gone, WTF did he think was gonna happen to an 83 year old woman?

It was hard to hold my tongue but I did it for my wife. His worthless girlfriend locked the keys in their car, it was epic, no one would help them, they had to call the tow company to get it unlocked......lots of drama.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Family doesn't mean shít to some people.

some families are full of [bleep] people...best to stay away from them, otherwise you get [bleep] on you

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good on you... we are in the same boat- kind of. My neighbor across the street and his wife are both around 96. She isn't doing too well these days due to a blocked esophagus but he is surprisingly spry and gets around fine for an old guy. For a while his kids weren't able to stop by much- seems they all had medical issues for several years and one of the daughters died a couple years ago. We have been keeping an eye on them and help them out every chance we can or when they need it, which isn't really often but when they need help, they really need help... a few years ago she was on some medication and went to use the toilet and couldn't get up so my wife- who has training in this area- and I went over and my wife helped her up and into bed at 2:00 AM . Another time a couple years ago she lost her balance and fell against the tub and broke her orbital socket and damaged her eye- had to help them out and calm him down a bit until the ambulance arrived to take her to the hospital.

They have a lawn service that a grandson owns and I'm relieved I don't have to take care of his yard, but when he needs anything or just someone to BS with I'm happy to help. He's a great neighbor and a retired machinist so I often go over and talk tools with him and occasionally borrow a tool for a bit if I don't already have it. A project I did for him about a year ago wiring up some lights over his Mill and lathe he repaid me by giving me a bucket full of end mills. Must have been a couple hundred in the bucket- all brand new that he bought by the pound from the outfit he worked for when he retired.

The wife makes them cookies and other goodies or meals when they are down or having difficulties. I was pressure washing my driveway last year and noticed he had about an inch of moss growing on his driveway so I went over and pressure washed it for him- had to laugh as it took all day long and the amount of moss I washed out in the street and then had to scoop up filled about 8 - five gallon buckets... didn't want him slipping on it and breaking a hip or worse....
At the moment their kids have been paying special attention to the folks as the Mother isn't doing well . It will be tough to see them go as they have become good friends along with great neighbors.

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You're a damned solid guy, Roger. Thanks for looking out for those who no longer can do for themselves.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
You have a yard guy??

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

669 members (007FJ, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 73 invisible), 2,963 guests, and 1,391 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,479
Posts18,471,757
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.