Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Morewood
At the Buckhorn bar in Lakeport over a disputed slop shot while shooting pool for money. Got my nose broke and bled all over a brand new pair of shoes.

That was 25 plus years ago. I try to avoid confrontation now. I ain't as good as I once was.

Bro,

I'm as good as I once was..............................................

I'm just one hell of a lot older and hurt more when something happens!

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
GB1

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I took a long neck to the back of my head in a bar in Gualala California when I was in high school. I turned to find the guy leaping over the "porch" fence of the bar and gone. As noted above, I wrestled in high school so my few other encounters were taking someone pretty hard to the ground his head landing where it may.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Bounced for 20 years. Took many a wack to the noggin. Learned real quick if you duck a little and tuck your neck, their hand huts worse than your forehead. Guy broke an Absolute Vodka bottle over the back on my head. Somehow I stayed conscious long enough to grab his Adam's apple, knee him in the nuts about 4 times and head butt him across the bridge of his nose before the other bouncers grabbed him. 39 stitches cleaned my head right up.

Cupped hand to the side of the head/ear will take the steam out of most fellas.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, used up, worn out, bottle of Jim Beam in one hand and a .45 in the other, loudly proclaiming WOW-- What a Ride!"
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
A surprisingly long time. 27 years or so. Pretty good group fight at an ECU football game tailgate party. Several close calls since then. Got a neighbor down the road that I’ll likely tangle with eventually.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I was a cop in the 14th largest city in the U. S. For 33 years. I’ve been punched and punched a few in my day. Grew up in a rough area and fought on a regular basis. Haven’t punched anyone for a while, and hope I never have to again. That said, I could still lay down a KO if I had to.

Ron

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
IC B2

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Went to slap an asswhole along side the head outside of the local bar one time years ago. Hooked him under the chin with the heel of my hand by accident. Knocked him out colder than piss on a plate. He was laying in the snow snoring and his brother was jumping up and down hollering you hit my brother, you hit my brother. He just scoped his brother up and they left. It was kinda funny afterword. To old for that [bleep] now, besides now you may go to jail and lose a lot of your stuff. Cornbread and ice tea took the place of pills and 90 proof. LOL

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Does a hoodrat with a club opening up the
forehead/ temple area count ?
Not many shots in the face as much as
in the ears and sucker punches from the back.
People are pretty chicken sh*t in the late 20th
and 21st century

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Every person I have fought has become my friend, even my wife's ex-husband I cut up and beat with the baseball bat he tried to use on me, I have his ashes on my bar.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Last time wifey got mad!!!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by NMpistolero
It’s been a while. You and Tafoya better watch out the next time I see ya. 🤓

No beating up ROs. We’ll call a miss when it was an impact. Or maybe that’s why you want to punch us 🤔[/quote]

Punch you? I love when you do that as long as I’m not on the clock!!!

I bribe with bourbon

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
IC B3

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
8th grade
one punch and over

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Only punching in the face was with boxing gloves on many years ago. Of course I am a wise ass and I know my words risk a punch in the face as it should. I am reaching the age that I am realizing I need to stop being a wise ass.

NRA Life Member
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Wow... There's some real hard cases on here.

Coyotes shot no waiting.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
About 30 years ago me and two running mates were in a packed watering hole called Cracker Jacks. I was well on my way to being "f'd up" and went to piss. I had to step up and maneuver through the slightly elevated bar area where folks were congregated. As I'm trying to get to the pisser, a dude slams into me and just about about knocks me down. I shoved him pretty hard and remember yelling "Hey M'fer"! Why don't you watch where I'M going!" As I squeezed past him, I got cracked over the head with a bar stool. I went down and the crowd seemed to part like the Red Sea. When I got back up, I spun around and threw a wild punch that caught him square on the jaw. He was leaning against the rail and we both went tumbling over the rail to the dance floor below, just like in the movies. Luckily the incline, not counting the rail was only about 2 feet. The bouncers scooped us up and gingerly pushed us out the front door. We stood there a minute then both started laughing. We both apologized and waited on our respective rides to come on out. The next weekend, I was back in there again and one of the door men said "I ain't gonna have to throw you out again tonight am I?" Thank God those days are over. I rarely even drink beer these days...

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Lots of tough guys will brag about their conquests, but someday, you may hit the wrong guy…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by Lorne
Originally Posted by shrapnel
When you watch movies with multiple hits to the head and face, you know the writers have never been in a real fight…

True that
Even my non-fighting wife knows that from a couple of self defense classes.

We laugh while watching those kind of movies.

Thats pretty polite fighting you been watching.

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by Lorne
Originally Posted by shrapnel
When you watch movies with multiple hits to the head and face, you know the writers have never been in a real fight…

True that
Even my non-fighting wife knows that from a couple of self defense classes.

We laugh while watching those kind of movies.

Thats pretty polite fighting you been watching.

yeah, those movie scenes of barroom brawls are a lot nicer than the ones I've seen up close and in person.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
You ever seen a indian couple beat the hell out of each other?

They dont do body punches.....

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JGRaider
About 15 years ago. Wife was over looking at an office her employer was leasing/moving in to. Person moving out of the office was a 50 yr old dude who thought his schitttt was ice cream and there wasn't enough spoons to go around, made a pass at my wife a couple of times. She told me about it at lunch, so after lunch I went over there and knocked that loser into the next area code. The younger guy standing there, wide eyed, told me he deserved it. I left, never heard a word about it.

Some people just need their asss beat.
LOL.

I'll take "Schitt that never happened" for $1.50, Alex. shocked

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Saw the Mexicans and the Indians in SoCal get into a good one in my local hangout place in SoCal.

I was raking the poolballs into a pocket so they couldn't be used as weapons when a sorta large Indian fella from across the table picked up a bar stool to throw at me.. I put on my best "crazy eyes", and back then I had a really good set, and told him he might not wanna do that. He put the stool down and went after someone else.

After a minute or three of shenanigans, the barman reached under the bar and told a customer down that end to yell "the barkeep has a gun". That got the Injuns to splittin' real fast like. I went to check on my Mexican buddy, saw arterial blood squirting out his back when I lifted his shirt to see what was leakin'. Asked the barman to bring me some clean towels, got Jose or whatever his name was down on the floor and applied pressure until the EMS showed up.

Turns out he had a penknife stab in a kidney. We had to go to court to testify, the Injuns got off clean as no one could actually identify the stabber as it was a bit chaotic as things were rockin' and rollin'.

I don't miss the fun.

I've got another crazy eyes story for another time. It was sorta funny.

In it is contentment

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

621 members (222Sako, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 16penny, 59 invisible), 2,613 guests, and 1,350 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,714
Posts18,475,547
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.