Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Talked to someone at camera land. Nice people there. Between them, and the suggestions here, have decided to stick with 30-33 mm. I just don’t think the small exit pupil of 24-26 mm objective lens binoculars would do it for me.

Seriously thinking of giving the Kowa pair a try.

My Burris would absolutely fit in some of my shirt pockets. When folded tight the barrels touched together and there was no protective rubber coating. Made them very narrow, but, they did stick out the top of the pocket. That was one of the deciding factors when I purchased them. They were narrower than any other 30 mm.

GB1

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by stringnut
Talked to someone at camera land. Nice people there. Between them, and the suggestions here, have decided to stick with 30-33 mm. I just don’t think the small exit pupil of 24-26 mm objective lens binoculars would do it for me.

My Burris would absolutely fit in some of my shirt pockets. When folded tight the barrels touched together and there was no protective rubber coating. Made them very narrow, but, they did stick out the top of the pocket. That was one of the deciding factors when I purchased them. They were narrower than any other 30 mm.

Kowa Genesis 8X33 will not disappoint.

My heart's in the mountains, my heart is not here.
My heart's in the mountains, chasing the deer.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by eaglemountainman
Originally Posted by stringnut

Kowa Genesis 8X33 will not disappoint.

Agreed.

Pull the trigger stringnut - YOLO. smile

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
V
V
Following to take notes when I have more time lol

S
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
S
So ordered the Kowa binoculars and have had them for a couple of weeks. Huge compared to the Burris set I had. Lack at least an inch in width, depth , and length of fitting in the case for my old Burris binoculars. Oh well they aren’t made anymore so I will just have to suck it up.

Very pleased with the Kowa binos. Very clear, and sharp, all the way to the edges. Contrast is good even under low light conditions. They are at least 8 ounces lighter than my lightest 8x42’s so that is a useful reduction in weight. Every ounce helps when they are around your neck. They will fit in the cargo pocket of six pocket pants and in most of my jackets. The larger binocs won’t. All in all will do what I want.

Definitely want to try some 8 x 25, or 26, and see if I like them. Still cannot find anywhere in SE Michigan that Has any in stock.

IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Stringnut, congrats on the binocs. Yep i hear yah on the burris signatures. They really were compact.

I run the 10x32 signature select. They weigh 15 oz and have survived over 10 years of rivers n mountains here in alaska.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (808outdoors, 7mm_Loco, 257robertsimp, AKislander, 10gaugemag, 12 invisible), 1,394 guests, and 792 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,496
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.