-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My daughter lives in Calgary with her husband. They know that my wife and I won't be coming to visit until/unless the restrictions are lifted. They also know our home is open to them anytime they would like to visit.

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Any change of heart on unvaccinated but naturally immune travelers from the USA getting across the border legally? I know how to sneak in but my wife will be with me on a Montana trip this year. She is scared of the Mounties.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
No.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Last I heard, Montana is still in the US.
The federal government is still refusing to recognize that vaccinated people still can contract, carry, and spread covid so they continue to discriminate against people who are not carriers but are also not vaxxed. The big concern is that someone who is not vaxxed might be someone who won't do as he is effing well told. GD

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm at a point, business wise, where we have enough product to start sending a truck north again. Markets have been horrible short supplied up there, and customers are clamoring.

I tell them, too bad about that vaccine requirement. I'm not requiring any of my employees / drivers to get any jab. I won't even ask them if they ARE vaccinated.

The customers think I'm some sort of Neanderthal. Can't say I care much about their opinion. Let them eat cake....

Sic Semper Tyrannis
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by greydog
The federal government is still refusing to recognize that vaccinated people still can contract, carry, and spread covid so they continue to discriminate against people who are not carriers but are also not vaxxed. The big concern is that someone who is not vaxxed might be someone who won't do as he is effing well told. GD
Yes sir I know Montana is in the USA, but if we were allowed to we would go across the border into Canada sightseeing. Last year we were prohibited from going through Canada to get to Alaska. I was hoping that reality had caught up with the folks making the rules in Canada. I had Corona 19 and therefore have acquired immunity the natural way. As I understand things Canada has had the Corona 19 and its sub variants for quite some time now and I don't know the purpose of keeping us and our money out. It's their country though.

By the way, I caught the CV-19 from my neighbor who was vaccinated 3 times. Rode in a closed up truck with him. A day after I tested positive my wife who is vaccinated tested positive. This whole panic is so stupid.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Dutch;
Good afternoon to you my cyber friend, I hope the day's behaving down in your section of Idaho.

Thanks for the update and thanks even more for your candid response to the Canadian customers. Sincere kudos for doing so.

Far too many of my fellow Canucks seem to prefer to live in a parochial vacuum jar, their only source of what's going on in the rest of the world being the legacy media doling out doses of government approved scripts.

They need to understand that other countries have rules which are different than ours and it's their right to abide by them, whether we bloody like it or don't - as frankly it's none of our business.

Anyways sir, it's a "wee bit" of a sore spot with me that too many of us seem to have the answers to the world's problems but are blithely unaware of our own issues, which are legion....

Happy Fourth of July to you.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hastings
Yes sir I know Montana is in the USA, but if we were allowed to we would go across the border into Canada sightseeing. Last year we were prohibited from going through Canada to get to Alaska. I was hoping that reality had caught up with the folks making the rules in Canada. I had Corona 19 and therefore have acquired immunity the natural way. As I understand things Canada has had the Corona 19 and its sub variants for quite some time now and I don't know the purpose of keeping us and our money out. It's their country though.

By the way, I caught the CV-19 from my neighbor who was vaccinated 3 times. Rode in a closed up truck with him. A day after I tested positive my wife who is vaccinated tested positive. This whole panic is so stupid.

Hastings;
Good afternoon sir, I trust the weekend's been a good one for you and all who matter in your world are well.

Regarding the first portion of your reply which I've made bold, they - that is the folks making the rules for entry into the country so federal politicians - do not care if most of us west of Toronto would dry up and blow away in the wind. This is especially true of anyone involved in resource extraction, agriculture and tourism. If all hunting and fishing stopped tomorrow, that would suit their purposes even better.

Now some of my fellow Canadians might judge that statement to be harsh, reactionary and flat out untrue.

My response is simply this - that's exactly what's happening and if "they" didn't want it to happen, then "they" could do something about it, but "they" are not now, are "they"?

Most galling to me is that the second part of what I've highlighted is that less than 32% of the entire population who showed up to vote put this clown show in power. Much, much less of a percentage of the population west of Toronto voted them in - so that's more reason why "they" don't care if we survive or not.

But no, it's not "their" country that they're destroying.. it's ours and anyone I know very emphatically didn't want this.

Sorry for the rant, but as with most things it's not simple and we didn't arrive here overnight, yet here we are.

All the best to you and Happy Fourth of July.

Dwayne

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BC30cal
Dutch;
Good afternoon to you my cyber friend, I hope the day's behaving down in your section of Idaho.

Thanks for the update and thanks even more for your candid response to the Canadian customers. Sincere kudos for doing so.

Far too many of my fellow Canucks seem to prefer to live in a parochial vacuum jar, their only source of what's going on in the rest of the world being the legacy media doling out doses of government approved scripts.

They need to understand that other countries have rules which are different than ours and it's their right to abide by them, whether we bloody like it or don't - as frankly it's none of our business.

Anyways sir, it's a "wee bit" of a sore spot with me that too many of us seem to have the answers to the world's problems but are blithely unaware of our own issues, which are legion....

Happy Fourth of July to you.

Dwayne

Thank you Dwayne, your kind words, as always, are appreciated. Hope you and yours are as well as you deserve.

Like you, I'm suffering a bit of a sore spot on all this. We prefer to use an animal health lab in Fredericton, NS, for our health inspections. Good folks, good prices, and good service capacity to do what we need done. I usually run the samples up to either the Calgary airport or the Vancouver airport in order to ensure the airfreight makes it within the prescribed USDA time frames.

Can't do that, because of your wise government. Now I have to deal with a bunch of yahoos at Washington State that overcharge and require a bunch of expensive extra prep work on our part.

So far that little change alone has cost me about 9K since this Covidiocy started. So I guess I have a 9K sore spot?

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BC30cal
Originally Posted by Hastings

Hastings;
Good afternoon sir, I trust the weekend's been a good one for you and all who matter in your world are well.

Regarding the first portion of your reply which I've made bold, they - that is the folks making the rules for entry into the country so federal politicians - do not care if most of us west of Toronto would dry up and blow away in the wind. This is especially true of anyone involved in resource extraction, agriculture and tourism. If all hunting and fishing stopped tomorrow, that would suit their purposes even better.

Now some of my fellow Canadians might judge that statement to be harsh, reactionary and flat out untrue.

My response is simply this - that's exactly what's happening and if "they" didn't want it to happen, then "they" could do something about it, but "they" are not now, are "they"?

Most galling to me is that the second part of what I've highlighted is that less than 32% of the entire population who showed up to vote put this clown show in power. Much, much less of a percentage of the population west of Toronto voted them in - so that's more reason why "they" don't care if we survive or not.

But no, it's not "their" country that they're destroying.. it's ours and anyone I know very emphatically didn't want this.
Sorry for the rant, but as with most things it's not simple and we didn't arrive here overnight, yet here we are.

All the best to you and Happy Fourth of July.

Dwayne
Thanks for taking your time with me. I totally understand how a heavily populated section of a large prosperous country could lose all empathy and connection with those of us in the hinterlands even though we are the horses pulling the wagon so to speak. It is the same down here. I have friends in Alberta that I would like to visit and I love to tour around sparsely settled country and sight see. We had been looking forward to our Alaska trip last year and considered the best part would probably be going up the Al-Can highway with as many little side trips as we could find. But alas it was not to be. We had to catch an airplane ride and rent a little 4WD SUV in Fairbanks. Good to hear from you and here's hoping sanity returns to both our governments.

IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
It's a shame that normal people have to pay because of the rules the lunatics come up with.

Life is good live it while you can.
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Bummed they announced continuing restrictions through September. So I guess another year of not going to the cabin.

I am spending my money going south instead.

Not giving Canada any money and I guess they really don't care.

Montana MOFO
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Tarkio;
Good afternoon and Happy Fourth of July to you sir, I hope that it's a good one for you.

Please understand that in no way do I intend to speak for any other Canadian than myself, but once more the entry rules are federally set and enforced.

"They" don't really care if you ever go back to your cabin in Canada in all likelihood, but if the cabin is anywhere other than in the center of Toronto or Ottawa, the folks who live there and used to derive an income from tourism care quite a bit.

Please know also that I believe it's your right to spend your hard earned money where you see fit, there's no issue with that whatsoever.

Anyways, sorry for sounding like a broken record, but no, not all Canadians want this or don't care. We are working on rectifying the situation, but it's proving to be as complicated as many of us believed it was.

All the best and again Happy Fourth of July.

Dwayne

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (160user, 1badf350, 1minute, 1Longbow, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 59 invisible), 2,371 guests, and 1,309 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,184
Posts18,503,295
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.