Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
284LUVR Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
My luck with cases has been pretty dismal !

Recommendations. Please.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
For which phone?

I’ve had great luck with spigen brand cases for iPhones.

And their hardened glass screen protector.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
I use a Lifeproof, brand case. Had to get a new one last year. Free from Lifeproof, with their life time warranty!

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Otter box hands down.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Lifeproof fre. Has built in screen protection. Not cheap though at about 80-90$. They replaced mine 3 times over 5 years with no ?’s asked.

My last phone was a 7 plus. Spent 30 minutes under water once. No issues. Looked brand new last week when I got a new one.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Slenk
Otter box hands down.

+1!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by DavePrice
Otter box hands down.

+1!
+2
I had my iPhone fly out of my pocket going 75 mph on my Harley. It bounced down the highway for a while getting run over by a couple cars. When I got it the case was beat up but the phone worked and the screen wasn't even broken.
Another time I was taking off in a Cessna 172 when we hit some turbulence and the door popped open. I had my phone in the leg pocket of my pants and it fell out the door landing on the runway about 75' down. The pilot called the tower and told them there was a phone laying on the runway. They picked it up and had it for me when we came back. Phone still working screen not broken.

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by whackem_stackem
Otter box hands down.

+1!
+2
I had my iPhone fly out of my pocket going 75 mph on my Harley. It bounced down the highway for a while getting run over by a couple cars. When I got it the case was beat up but the phone worked and the screen wasn't even broken.
Another time I was taking off in a Cessna 172 when we hit some turbulence and the door popped open. I had my phone in the leg pocket of my pants and it fell out the door landing on the runway about 75' down. The pilot called the tower and told them there was a phone laying on the runway. They picked it up and had it for me when we came back. Phone still working screen not broken.

Man, that's much different than my OtterBox performed with a company phone falling off my pickup toolbox at 50mph...

I shouldn't have left it there, but I heard a small noise when it fell off, and looked back in my side mirror just in time to see that $550 SOB disintegrate into a thousand pieces when it hit the roadway. eek

Company got me a new one, but I had to pay for the destroyed one. OtterBox said "Not covered".

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
If the door popped open on a 172 you didn't latch it or need a new mechanic.

There is no retreat but in submission and slavery!
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by whackem_stackem
Otter box hands down.

+1!
+2

Man, that's much different than my OtterBox performed with a company phone falling off my pickup toolbox at 50mph...

I shouldn't have left it there, but I heard a small noise when it fell off, and looked back in my side mirror just in time to see that $550 SOB disintegrate into a thousand pieces when it hit the roadway. eek

Company got me a new one, but I had to pay for the destroyed one. OtterBox said "Not covered".

RB - was it the Defender or the Commuter?

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

664 members (10gaugeman, 1eyedmule, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 74 invisible), 2,943 guests, and 1,295 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,735
Posts18,494,938
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.