Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
Remsen Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
It only took the State of California close to two years to respond to a letter I sent to their DOJ about my departure from the state. When I moved to MT, I sent the CA DOJ a letter stating that the three "assault weapons" I had registered in CA due to the bullet button law were no longer in the state, as I had move permanently out of state. I just wanted to tie up a loose end so the new owner of my old house didn't get knocks on the door from the DOJ when CA decides to start rounding up rifles.

The CA DOJ sent me a form to complete and it asked for my current address, all sorts of information I already provided when registering the weapons and a copy of my ID from my new state.

I declined to provide that info and instead told them the registration number of the three weapons and reminded them that they had all of the info already, and that I wasn't going to either give them my new address of a copy of my new ID. The email exchange is below, newest response at the top. There is no way I'm giving them any additional information and I'm sorta looking forward to a fight over this.

On Tuesday, July 5, 2022, 11:49:58 AM MDT, I wrote:

I signed the form under penalty of perjury and this is a deregistration form, meant to simply clean up the books of the state. Your state doesn't even require me to provide my ID when I vote, why would it now need my ID to process a piece of paper that doesn't govern a single fundamental right?

I followed the law when I registered the weapons and now I am no longer a resident of the State of California.

As a courtesy, I am notifying the state that the registered firearms are no longer in the state. If you want to not process my deregistration form and run the risk of having out of date records, fine with me. Just be aware that when you send in agents to confiscate the weapons using my last CA address from the registration, they will be surprising the new owners of the house.

On Tuesday, July 5, 2022, 11:43:14 AM MDT, Yvette Glover <yvette.gloverdoj.ca.gov> wrote:

Your identification is needed for verification/identification confirmation purposes. Your Notice Of No Longer In Possession application will be incomplete and unprocessed without the required documentation.

Sent: Tuesday, July 5, 2022 10:36 AM
To: Yvette Glover <Yvette.Gloverdoj.ca.gov>
Subject: Re: How to update contact information

Why is that needed?

On Tuesday, July 5, 2022, 11:32:03 AM MDT, Yvette Glover <yvette.gloverdoj.ca.gov> wrote:

Per the form requirements:

Submit a “Copy of government issued identification attached from new state/country of residence”

Sent: Tuesday, July 5, 2022 10:05 AM
To: Yvette Glover <Yvette.Gloverdoj.ca.gov>
Subject: Re: How to update contact information

Hi

Please see attached.

Regards,
Me

On Tuesday, July 5, 2022, 10:12:20 AM MDT, Yvette Glover <yvette.gloverdoj.ca.gov> wrote:

Hello,

Your inquiry was forwarded to me. If you are no longer a California resident, please fill out the attached Notice of No Longer In Possession form completely and submit the required documentation associated with the “No Longer resident of California” section of the form.

A form must be filled out for each registered weapon that you want to disassociate from the assault weapon registry. Sign and date the form. You may email the form to me at this email address.

Regards,

Yvette

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Fugg em in the neck!

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
ditto what conrad said

GOA
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Always fishing for more information.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
There won't be a fight the rifles will just stay on the registry.

They DGAF.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Nothing so satisfying as giving a giant middle finger to self important bureaucrats that can no longer fuqk with you.

I wouldn't give them jack schit.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Tell them you now live at 1060 West Addison, Chicago IL 60613

Me

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I lived in Calgary from 2005 - 2009 and brought all of my legal firearms with me. Of course I had to permanently register them soon after arrival. Prior to moving back to the States I sent an email to the Chief Firearms Officer of Alberta advising I would be leaving with all of my firearms and is there anything I needed to do. The reply was no. In 2019 I received an email from the same wanting to confirm that I took all of my firearms with me when I left the country. I replied yes.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
Fidiots.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Remsen: If YOU do not call up those idiots in kalifornicationkopia and tell them them to suck your ass, nuts and taint right down to thefuckin bone then you don't have a hair on your ass!
Why ANYONE would reside in that schithole of a state is beyond me?
DO NOT comply with those dingleberries requests in ANY way shape or form.
Sheesh.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

IC B3

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
When I finally get out of this crap hole they are getting NOTHING from he not even a FU Good bye.
If they have a problem with that they can come track me down so I can tell them at Gun Point to get the Hell off of my property they have no hold on me in this State.

You are a better person than I am.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Remsen: If YOU do not call up those idiots in kalifornicationkopia and tell them them to suck your ass, nuts and taint right down to thefuckin bone then you don't have a hair on your ass!
Why ANYONE would reside in that schithole of a state is beyond me?
DO NOT comply with those dingleberries requests in ANY way shape or form.
Sheesh.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

That was disturbing.

What would you do to keep your retirement and pension?

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Fugg em in the neck!

I've never seen that.
How is it done?
Asking for a friend.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Build a fake ID with Hunter Biden’s address.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
My next reply to them would be:

"I'm required to provide information?
Who the hell are you to require anything from me?
I no longer reside in the people's republic of commiefornia and, therefore no longer under ANY requirements of said penal colony.
As I now live in a free state where my natural God given rights are respected I feel it is incumbent upon me to tell you to KISS MY ROSIE RED ASS!
Have a nice day now, ya here.
Sincerely
FO ESAD"

That would make me feel absolutely wonderful!

Last edited by MickeyD; 07/05/22.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
When I left I didn’t say a thing but I also didn’t have any ARs at the time. I was however shocked when the Sacramento sheriffs office called me two years ago and said they had recovered a Glock pistol that was stolen during my divorce. They asked if I wanted it back? My response was you’re actually going to give it back? To which they responded well it is yours… They sent it to local PD and I have had it ever since. Go figure.

If guns could talk. It was gone for over 15 years…

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Fugg em in the neck!

I've never seen that.
How is it done?
Asking for a friend.

The throat is generally housed inside the neck. Google/DuckDuckGo/AskJeves "blow job"

Me

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
You didn't say you were no longer in possession of said firearms.

You simply said California was no longer in possession of you!

grin

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Fugg em in the neck!

I've never seen that.
How is it done?
Asking for a friend.

The throat is generally housed inside the neck. Google/DuckDuckGo/AskJeves "blow job"

Thanks for clearing that up.
I'll let my friend know it's just how they say blow job on the ranch.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Don't you just love the bureaucrats and their requirements?
When I decided to retire and no longer needed to maintain my contractors license I called the state contractors board to let them know. I was told I was "required" to send them a letter stating I was resigning the license.
I ask "what if I just don't send you the $300 renewal?"
Their reply "Then your license will lapse."
OK, option B.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 1lesfox, 1936M71, 12344mag, 62 invisible), 2,490 guests, and 1,420 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,195
Posts18,485,034
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.