-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Be in their making deals with God, like if this IV holds, I’ll quit picking on Varmint Guy

GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Guess it didn't hold, eh?

Anybody know how long they can keep a shaman in captivity? Don't they eventually bust out??

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by smokepole
Guess it didn't hold, eh?

Anybody know how long they can keep a shaman in captivity? Don't they eventually bust out??

When I’m ready to leave, I get up and walk out. Against AMA.

They try to scare you and say your insurance won’t cover costs on an AMA. BS

blue cross called me the next day, I told em my wife could take better care of me at home. They said OK 👍
Cheaper too 😃

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by slumlord
I am familiar with those iV burns. They change mine out every other day, the vein plays out.

Start one iV at the hand and work up the arms toward the elbow. Arms black and blew after a week.

I had one iV started started to blow out the expected morning they were to release me. Hospital policy requires you have a functioning iv until youre rolling out the room in a wheelchair.
Yup, they sent the team to come place another one. 😱

I usually require “IV Specialty” come up from another floor to do me. After 2 or 3 floor nurses take a stab at it. I’m always a hard stick

IV Specialty is usually some 79 year old lady with shaky hands and ant burner glasses. If not her, it’s the 333 lb Puerto Rican guy with the Winnie The Pooh neck tie and 5X lab coat Oh swell
Yeah, wife has to have the Swat Team too. I have had to show my azz a couple of times at Vandy when she would wake up with the Cellulitis, all they could give her was Vancomycin, which is hard on your veins, I would tell the ER doc what she had and they needed to get a bag of Vanc doing stat, they would try to get a little vein going for it and it would blow in 30 minutes, bring in Swat, they would use sonar or some chit to find a deeper one. Then the next morning the culture would come back and they would do a PIC line, a month of little balls of Vanc.

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
shaman Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
The rumor is that I'm going to be sprung later today.

I still have a hot patch on my left wrist, but the rest of the arm is pretty well back to normal. The pain is manageable with Vicodin. A CT scan yesterday revealed no abscesses.

This has been a miserable detour.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Hope your recovery goes well. Warm compresses, 3-4 times/day for 10-15 minutes generally help with circulation and healing. I've been doing IVs for 44 years, and (fortunately) have seen no infections from my sticks. Have had them blow, but you have to recognize it now! and get it dc'd and changed, unless it's just saline for hydration/maintenance. Even then, they're very uncomfortable. It's when the drugs infiltrate that you get inflammation and necrosis.

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
Robert E. Howard
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Jesus wasn’t white.

Keep a close watch on that arm and report anything suspicious. Your own Red Flag law.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
shaman Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I'm getting thrown out late.

The blood tests came back with dramatically low readings this AM, so they decided to hold onto me and get me 2 units of whole blood.

The vein I was having all the anti-biotics tossed in decided to give out, and they were having trouble finding another. Finally somebody decided to go in through my chest port.

I'm on the 2nd unit of blood now. 'HillChick is driving up to get me and bringing me a milkshake for dinner. I should be home in my bed tonight.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Get home and enjoy some needed rest and home cooking! I wish you all the best shaman!

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Keep swinging.

Home is always better.

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Flashbacks - after surgery, I always crave a GOOD chocolate malt, for some reason.
Even if I'm still in 'n out!
Prayers renewed, shaman!

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
shaman Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
KYHillChick finally got me home around 2300

They didn't hang the second unit of blood until after 1930. Mind you, when she left home, the plan was for me to be released by 1900. She was not a bit happy, and having a mad hillbilly stewing on the couch certainly put a spring in everyone's step.

Kudos with large peanut butter clusters to Moose and Angus. They cleaned my bathroom, bedroom and office before my arrival.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
she lit a fire under the nurses station WTG KYHC

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
shaman Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
she lit a fire under the nurses station WTG KYHC

There is a poor Indian nurse that probably had bad dreams about my girlfriend after she came off shift last night.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Sent a prayer for you this AM. looks like I'm in the same boat as you as I started chemo yesterday. Not looking forward to all the fun.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
shaman Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by PJGunner
Sent a prayer for you this AM. looks like I'm in the same boat as you as I started chemo yesterday. Not looking forward to all the fun.
Paul B.

Trust in the Lord and the docs and the averages. It will work itself out.

Also: when they say to stay on top of your anti-nausea drugs, they mean it. Understand that you are going to experience stuff that has no vocabulary associated with it. They call it nausea and indeed, actual nausea can be a part of it. However, what kept me on regular doses of the anti-nausea drug was a burning hellfire in the pit of my being. I made the mistake once of trying to gut through it, because it didn't feel like nausea. That was about 3 hours of my life that I wish I could do over. I finally took the anti-nausea pill and it went away.

Don't worry about how brave you are while the chemo is going on. The real fun starts after the round of chemo ends.

I don't know what your regimen is like. However, I can tell you I was having direct effects of the chemo up until the night before I started the next round. I'm on a 1 week on/ 2 weeks off schedule. Round 3 was a MF'r. The 4th round was supposed to start on Tuesday, but I was flat on my back in the hospital. Round 4 would have killed me for sure.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I’ve had the screamin’ pukin shîts and nausea last 3 days.

Pulling weeds and this heat ain’t friendly to the situation either.

Ondensetron hardly helps anymore, promethezine puts me to sleep. I dont wanna crap while passed out

I’ve not been within 5 miles of a booger king or arbys in 2 weeks. Might be the potassium binders and girl scout cookies. Errr…dollar gen’ral girl scout version

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Had a nurse practitioner tell me..”hon, it’s better you just barf it all out and dont medicate it and keep it in”

Thing is…

Another doc would come in, “if you keep barfing we’ee going to have to put an NG tube in”😱💀

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

327 members (240NMC, 12344mag, 22magnut, 10ring1, 160user, 06hunter59, 35 invisible), 1,291 guests, and 1,016 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,849
Posts18,517,521
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.