Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Whu?? Funeral?? In a church??

By golly, I didn’t goof off every Sunday Out West skipping church, watching Gunsmoke reruns all day just to lay in one for a funeral”

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The wife and I will be cremated, I want my son or one of my grand kids to scatter me in the woods where I killed my first squirrel and have taken a lot of deer. The land is in a trust for the grandkids, currently a Century Farm.

Wife wants half her between her Mom and Dad, the rest scattered on the same site with me. Kids can have a service if they want, I have paid for it, or not, up to them.

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
When I die, they will cremate my body - but not my toupee.

- It's a family hairloom.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J

I am MAGA.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I want a few tablespoons of my ashes scattered around the 300 yard target berm of the shooting range on my place- - - -by 5 pounds of Tannerite. The family can do whatever they want to with the rest.

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
As soon as I start to contemplate the question, I realize it won’t make fugk all difference to me.

What ever is the preference of the folks stuck with my carcass is fine by me.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
No schit.

I dont want to be a burden...but follow these extremely detailed and oppressive instructions in the event of my demise or I will have a independent third party cut you out of the will/trust.

I am MAGA.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I don’t plan on dying.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Buried in family plot.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
You might be "burdening" them by not allowing a funeral.

That is a fact in my area. When my mother died at 98, she had told us all not to have a funeral. She meant it, so my brothers and sister and I had her cremated and we scattered her ashes where she was born and grew up on my grandfathers homestead.
She was well liked and kind of a local historian and to this day, since 2015, the townspeople are still hurt that we didn't have a funeral. Some of course just missed the free chow!! grin
Something to think about!

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
The Wife and I have discussed this. We plan to be cremated, have our ashes mixed together and to let the boys scatter them as they wish. We also plan to have our beloved Cat cremated and mixed with ours. They can have a memorial service if they wish. Or not.

Mt first suggestion was to call a tree trimming contractor that I likes and worked with to bring a chipper and point it at the woods behind the house. That suggestion fell on deaf ears!

I have the organ donor box on my drivers license checked but I don't know if the can do that with me having MS.

Edit to ad; For what its worth, One of my Brother-in-laws has a PHD in religion. He has been the Pastor of several churches and has taught at the university level. He sees no reason Biblically that Christians can't be cremated.

Last edited by lightman; 07/11/22.

lightman
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Mom & Dad are both buried up in the Pleasantville Cemetery. My Aunt thought is was terrible when I said I only go up there hunting rabbits.
I told her that all that’s up there are two holes in the ground. Mom & Dad ain’t there. They live on in my heart and in my memories every day.
Now here’s the kicker.
The last thing The Old Man said before passing in 2010 was, “I’ll see you boys on the Big Rock”, spoken directly to me and my brother Dave.
The “Big Rock” is a boulder the size of a house, that sticks outta the side of Pleasantville Mountain.
It’s steep up there, and if you get out on that rock, you can see a helluva lotta territory.
When I was young, that’s where we hunted, and one of us always went to “The Big Rock”. Between The Old Man, us boys, and a few cousins, we killed a pile of deer up there.
This was in the early ‘70s, and now the deer have moved down into the valleys and farm land along the creek bottoms. It’s pretty hard to find tracks up there now. Probably been 10 or 12 years since I killed one up there.
But every year in Deer Season l, I make a trip up to “ The Big Rock”, and leave a cold beer and a cigarette for “The Old Man”.
I’ve told both Wifey and Ben, when I die, to cremate me and put my ashes in a mason jar, then take them up to “The Rock” and give me a Chuck.
Hope somebody brings up 2 cold beers and 2 cigarettes after that!
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

76 members (10Glocks, 6mmbrfan, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 673, 1_deuce, 10 invisible), 1,626 guests, and 804 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,977
Posts18,499,508
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.