Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Oh my heavens.

Dayom Sam, you coulda stopped under that overpass and claimed you just ran out of gas. Sheesh.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That's what happens when God calls room service for a bucket of ice.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Sammo, ours was pea sized down here but there was flash flooding downtown and 3 inches of the hail on my deck.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Wild weather gentlemen!

There appeared to be a storm that just hit the main campgrounds of the fancy Governor's Cup walleye tournament that is currently in pre-fish mode. This afternoon quite a few shiny, new, SUV's with ND plates passed me when I was hauling a load of big fat dry cows over to Glasgow. Bakken babes in new Yukon's and chit.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
That’s the worst kid of moisture to get Sam. We had some golfball to tennis ball stuff a couple weeks ago. Put some pretty good pecker tracks in my Ford, $3800 worth unfortunately. No worries though, right after I got the estimate and turned in the insurance claim I hit a deer. 🤦‍♂️

IC B2

DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Good picture Sam.
We had one form like that right over the Ranch here about 20 years ago. Dumped so much Golf ball sized hail on us it was stacked 8” high in the bar ditch.
Our wheat crop was about a month from harvest. The field afterwards looked like I had run a mower with the blades 2” high across it. No crop left whatsoever.
It also killed 23 of the neighbors cows.
The same storm turned into a tornado after the hail. It headed to Ft Worth and wiped out part of its downtown area.

Weird part was right before that storm hit, it was real green clouds before they turned black like that.
Also, I saw 5 storm chaser vehicles go right by the Ranch on the Farm to Market road that fronts our place. I’d never seen storm chasers in that area before. I rode out that storm in a Tractor I was in getting ready to plant cotton in one of our other fields.
Couldn’t get out, and couldn’t see through the hail good enough to make it to the barn. Hail beat the schitt out of that JD. Scary place to be in a storm like that. 🤠

Neal that storm killed 5 people. It went right over my house.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Wild weather gentlemen!

There appeared to be a storm that just hit the main campgrounds of the fancy Governor's Cup walleye tournament that is currently in pre-fish mode. This afternoon quite a few shiny, new, SUV's with ND plates passed me when I was hauling a load of big fat dry cows over to Glasgow. Bakken babes in new Yukon's and chit.

I fished that fancy tournament for 23 years in a row. Opted out this year due to some family business that conflicted with the date.

There has been some impressive storms there through the years.

Two years ago one blew the roof off a cabin near the Duck Creek boat ramp.

Good timing, looks like storms have been rolling through every day this week. Heard 69 mph winds today.

N
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
N
Wicked cool photo

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Years ago when I was at Auburn we had a Spring storm with hail up to softball size! Most of it was golfball and grape sized, but there were some baseball/softball giants falling from the sky. Jacked up some roofs.

It put a beat down on the cars. The entire inventory of the local Chevy dealer was destroyed. 1 year back up at the local body shops for repair.

Buddy of mine saved one of the softball sized stones in his freezer for years to disbelievers. I can't imagine getting that in the head.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Sam, very nice of you to give Marty McFly safe haven from the storm.
Was he helping navigate?

FJB & FJT
IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
An old friend that owns Dynamic Hunting south of San Angelo, TX., was caught out in a hail storm, nothing to hide under. Nearly beat to death with baseball + size hail. I saw a couple of pictures of his back and what it did to his Nissan SUV. Back about 25 years ago.
Hope mother nature didn't cost you any money Sam.

I lived near Boise 2 1/2 years and never saw anything that resembled a storm < just saying, dry as a popcornfort.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ol_mike
caught out in a hail storm, nothing to hide under. Nearly beat to death with baseball + size hail. I saw a couple of pictures of his back and what it did to his Nissan SUV.
Was he not near his Nissan? confused

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Damn dude, those are some big hailstones y'all are talking about.

Biggest I've seen around here are quarters sized, maybe a bit larger.

Came home from work when I was up in E WA one evening, home was an RV. The hail had busted up the plastic roof vents. I found out they made metal ones, which seemed like a good idea in hail territory. Prolly (some dudes don't use that word laugh ) should replace the one in the cargo trailer out front with a metal version.

Stay safe out there.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Any report of damage today Sam?

Saw a tornado warning or watch for south of the river last night.

I am MAGA.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Originally Posted by ol_mike
caught out in a hail storm, nothing to hide under. Nearly beat to death with baseball + size hail. I saw a couple of pictures of his back and what it did to his Nissan SUV.
Was he not near his Nissan? confused

No he was not near the Nissan, he laid under a tiny bush that offered next to nothing for protection. He said if he'd have been hit in the head by one of the big hail stones it would have killed him.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sam;
Morning my friend, I'm guessing you're making an inspection of the crops about now so I hope it's not too bad.

One of the pivotal reasons we left the farm was an old fashioned hail storm like that. Our home place was fine, but we saw the clouds to the north of us where our rented land was and held our breath.

That evening already we heard one calf had died - panicked and ran down the fence, collapsed and then the combination of the frozen hail and cold must have killed it. A few folks lost poultry too and in the little town near by all the windows on the south and west sides of the houses were broken. Remember aluminum siding? That was wrecked too.

Anyways we went to look at our 9 rented quarters and what had been Canola nearly 4' high on a couple of them looked like a freshly cut golf course. Funny it smelled like fresh cut hay too Sam.

We disked it under so there was more fuel and labor cost out for nothing in return - which was the way that year went and at the end of it my wife and I moved to BC.

I do hope your crops are okay and all the livestock as well.

All the best until next time Sam.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Gentlemen, checking in quick and am happy to report minimal damage, apparently we were right on the edge.

The storm headed south of us across the Missouri and wiped out crops down that way.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
And thank you all for the replies!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
The same storm turned into a tornado after the hail. It headed to Ft Worth and wiped out part of its downtown area.

I was on jury duty in downtown FW on that day, I literally exited the downtown area just a few minutes before it hit. I remember it was real black and nasty looking off to the west. It blew out the windows in our jury deliberation room.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Well it has got be man made climate change ..... don't you know?
(sarcasm)
(sarcasm)

Just to be sure here on the 'Fire, my climate change comment is meant to be sarcastic.

These storms cause massive damage ..... hope it didn't do too much damage to crops or property.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

515 members (16gage, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 160user, 16penny, 52 invisible), 2,798 guests, and 1,279 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,493
Posts18,490,429
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.