Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
strikeu Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
anyone had one they want to admit to?

I don't think I had one, I'm 56, when do they typically come around?

I heard mid 30s? hell, I was flying jets off the Carrier during my 30s, no time to have a crisis.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
strikeu;
Good afternoon, I hope that the day was well behaved for you and all who matter to you are healthy.

While it's perhaps not exactly that of which you speak, I bought this when I was 53 and we've always referred to it as "the midlife crisis". laugh

To be clear too, the lady riding shotgun has put up with this BC redneck for 40 years now, so that's not part of the story other than she's fine with it's existence in general. wink

[Linked Image]

It's just a 40th Anniversary rag top Mustang, nothing too weird, but it's been fun to play with and take out on sunny summer days.

That's likely not as juicy a tale as you were hoping for, but then Canucks are widely known to be fairly boring and predictable, so I do have a stereotype to live up to, right?

All the best.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I bought a Harley last year. Close as I’ve come I guess.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by BC30cal
strikeu;
Good afternoon, I hope that the day was well behaved for you and all who matter to you are healthy.

While it's perhaps not exactly that of which you speak, I bought this when I was 53 and we've always referred to it as "the midlife crisis". laugh

To be clear too, the lady riding shotgun has put up with this BC redneck for 40 years now, so that's not part of the story other than she's fine with it's existence in general. wink

[Linked Image]

It's just a 40th Anniversary rag top Mustang, nothing too weird, but it's been fun to play with and take out on sunny summer days.

That's likely not as juicy a tale as you were hoping for, but then Canucks are widely known to be fairly boring and predictable, so I do have a stereotype to live up to, right?

All the best.

Dwayne
Good looking car and co pilot, sir.

strikeu Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
strikeu;

[Linked Image]

All the best.

Dwayne

Man, that's awesome. you could be Burt in Smokey and the Bandit..very nice.

Be safe.

IC B2

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Don't guess I've had one. But maybe I should look forward to it.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I got mine over with at an early age. Good thing too, I can't afford to be wild these days if I wanted to.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
strikeu;

[Linked Image]

All the best.

Dwayne

That's great Dwayne!

Good to see y'all enjoying yourselves. smile

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No laugh

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gregintenn
I bought a Harley last year. Close as I’ve come I guess.
I bought one this year.

Besides the bike no signs of midlife crisis here either so far…

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
LOL

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
strikeu;
Thanks to you, rockinbbar and gregintenn for the replies, I appreciate it.

The story behind this was that I really wanted an 05 or newer body style as the SN95 was not really my favorite.

However the 2005 Mustangs had a lot of bad reviews, which carried to some degree into the '06 so that meant an '07 and they weren't giving them away.

At the same time a coworker who was a bit older than me picked this up from it's original owner in Calgary. So it was one owner, always covered, never seen snow sort of rig.

His son worked for a big Ford dealership there and bought it for him before Tom saw it, only pictures.

As he left to pick it up, he said, "My son say's it's maroon and not red. It better not be F'ing red as I HATE F'ing red cars"....

Tom then drives this in to work and I loved it - even though I really didn't like that style - somehow that one was okay to me and I told Tom that.

He replies - predictably - "Yah, it's in really nice shape Dwayne, but it's F'ing red!" laugh

Well rockin, that was the first time I offered to buy it off of Tom. The very first day he brought it to work...

It became a running gag with us for a few years actually. Spring would come, Tom would put the Mustang back on the road and I'd offer to buy it.

I'd bug him at lunch, "Are you changing the oil in my car regularly Tom?" and the like. The lunch room thought it was funny and we enjoyed the back and forth.

My good wife was fully aware of this and knew I was looking for an '07 at the same time, but the right one just never came along at the right price.

One day 7 years back he came into work, looked at me sort of quizzically and said, "So do you really want that F'ing red Mustang of mine?" He'd found a Jaguar sedan he had to have - which subsequently turned out to be like most Jaguars of that era in that it was a never ending money pit.

Anyways, I replied, "Just a second I'll call my wife" and I did and she said, "Finally!" laugh

So that's the story of the midlife crisis at our place.

I was actually thinking about parting with it this summer, but after our eldest daughter and I took it out on our annual trip to a fairly big car show we have in the closest city - there were 800 registered entries this year and as always the parking lots had double that in all sorts of rides. We had such a fine day in it and then my wife and I had a good run after that, so it might stay for another season just because.

All the best to you all and thanks again.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by strikeu
anyone had one they want to admit to?

Nah, not really, though I did buy a Corvette, which of course prompts everybody to make a mid-life crisis joke.

Funny story, the color, if I recall correctly, was "liquid silver metallic." So when we're taking delivery the sales guy, unprompted, smirkingly says, "Hey, it's only a mid-life crisis if it's yellow."

What he didn't know was in my garage sat a Chrome Yellow Harley Fat Boy. frown blush

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm still planning mine...

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
You guys and your fancy toys....

I'm 44 and just bought another house, been wondering why ever since. A new boat and pickup and camper would have been way more fun...lol

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
I am not going to have one.

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I’m mid thirties and hurting for a change. Maybe that’s the midlife crisis you speak of? I haven’t gone out and bought a bunch of [bleep], but before I got to feeling like this I had a (young) lifetime of cars, guns, boats and girls.

Texas is too [bleep] hot.

I’m tired of looking at the [bleep] at work.

I’m ready to move somewhere cooler, where there are mountains and elk. The wife won’t leave Texas. [bleep].

Last edited by Jeffrey; 07/07/22.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Did someone mention Midlife Crisis...?? laugh One of my favorite 90's bands..Faith No More

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I am a crisis .......survived the mid life.......I'm now a late life fuggn crisis....

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
A Man can screw up royally in his 40s but he can do the most damage in his 50s.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (17CalFan, 1936M71, 12savage, 16penny, 01Foreman400, 160user, 62 invisible), 2,525 guests, and 1,272 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,679
Posts18,474,980
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.