24hourcampfire.com
24hourcampfire.com
-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
OP Offline
Barrett Fieldcraft thread protector. 5/8"-24 thread. Brand new. $25 plus shipping.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Appreciate the reply on the other thread.
I should probably buy this as a spare … but will give it a day or so in case anyone is in need.

In the meantime I will bump it for you and ask if you could be so kind as to answer two more questions about the fieldcrafts since it is just historical at this point … I’d normally private message but you cannot send or receive private messages yet.

What was the issue with the 6.5 swedes that necessitated a recall for some of them? Never got an answer to this one.

Who supplied the barrels and what was the process once they came in? Was it just final contouring that occurred at Barrett? Also, was the 7 mm barrel supplied by a different company? The 708 was always tough to come by and that was something that had been told to me by one of the service reps - never could verify.

Sorry for the tangent and back up to the top for you!

OP Offline
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Appreciate the reply on the other thread.
I should probably buy this as a spare … but will give it a day or so in case anyone is in need.

In the meantime I will bump it for you and ask if you could be so kind as to answer two more questions about the fieldcrafts since it is just historical at this point … I’d normally private message but you cannot send or receive private messages yet.

What was the issue with the 6.5 swedes that necessitated a recall for some of them? Never got an answer to this one.

Who supplied the barrels and what was the process once they came in? Was it just final contouring that occurred at Barrett? Also, was the 7 mm barrel supplied by a different company? The 708 was always tough to come by and that was something that had been told to me by one of the service reps - never could verify.

Sorry for the tangent and back up to the top for you!

Sorry for just now responding. To be honest I did not know there was a recall on the 6.5 Swedes. I know they were having accuracy issues with them which may have been the cause for the recall.

All barrels are machined at Barrett aside from the rifling. They received rifled blanks from 2-3 different vendors (Krieger and Green Mountain are 2 I remember off the top of my head.) and Barrett did all machining from chambering, headspacing, contouring, etc. The 7 MM barrel wasn't hard to come by. There was no demand for that caliber.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I need that, I’ll take it. PM sent…

"Your range of experience runs that gamut from A to B, plus you're a nitwit. That's a hard combination to overcome, though some people try." - JB
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Appreciate the follow up and congrats on both sales.

Your recollection regarding the barrels makes sense.
It’s also good to know that a light contour stainless Krieger is doable - just not by Krieger. laugh

IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
My Swede was recalled, there was an issue with the bolt’s Rockwell hardness is how it was explained to me. I dropped it off at Barrett on my way into Nashville and picked it up later that day.

Super nice folks there, they gave me a Fieldcraft T shirt and hat while I was at the factory. Wish I could find another of the hats as I seemed to have lost mine.

David

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by davidsapp
My Swede was recalled, there was an issue with the bolt’s Rockwell hardness is how it was explained to me. I dropped it off at Barrett on my way into Nashville and picked it up later that day.

Super nice folks there, they gave me a Fieldcraft T shirt and hat while I was at the factory. Wish I could find another of the hats as I seemed to have lost mine.

David

That’s really interesting. Did they tell you what they did? Did you give them the whole rifle or just the bolt?

OP Offline
Originally Posted by MattMan
I need that, I’ll take it. PM sent…

I didn't receive any PM.

OP Offline
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Originally Posted by davidsapp

David

That’s really interesting. Did they tell you what they did? Did you give them the whole rifle or just the bolt?

Only thing that could have been different is if they got a bad batch of bolts back from heat treat. The material stayed the same through the Fieldcraft run.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Your pms don’t work

"Your range of experience runs that gamut from A to B, plus you're a nitwit. That's a hard combination to overcome, though some people try." - JB
IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
He can’t PM. One of you will need to put up an email or phone and then edit (delete) it once contact is made. Or figure something else out.

OP Offline
Originally Posted by MattMan
Your pms don’t work

Yeah I haven't been a member long enough for my PMs to work. Email me at 9906designsgmail.com

OP Offline
Bump. Still for sale.

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
I'll take it. PM incoming

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
PM's not working (9906designs is over their Private Topic limit.) email sent

OP Offline
SOLD

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (160user, 1234, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 1936M71, 57 invisible), 2,563 guests, and 1,421 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,175
Posts18,484,652
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.