Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
strikeu Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
planning a trip in our fifth wheel to New Orleans. End of July, first of Aug flexible dates but staying for a couple of weeks, weather dependent.

can anyone recommend a clean and safe RV park, with full hookup?

Mixed reviews of all parks. I'm good sam and Dyrt members but for some reason this time I can't seem to locate that really nice location by using those websites.

OK, new plan. avoiding NOLA, headed to the Smokies instead. have a really great option for RV parks, with great reviews, somewhere between Murphy and Cherokee NC.

thanks in advance.

strikeu

Last edited by strikeu; 07/09/22.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Do you want to be right in the middle of NOLA? If not, what's the max distance that you would want to be?

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Look here

may be helpful

maybe not

https://thedyrt.com/

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

strikeu Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Do you want to be right in the middle of NOLA? If not, what's the max distance that you would want to be?

I've looked at places 5-10 miles away from downtown area, so not a requirement to be downtown.

I would like to be as close as possible, but once I start making the requirement to be "clean and SAFE" it seems to be driving us away from anywhere downtown. I can drive or take alternate transportation from a place further away from city center. Clean and safe are the main issues. thanks!

strikeu Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by tikkanut
Look here

may be helpful

maybe not

https://thedyrt.com/

I'm a Dyrt Pro member, not a lot of help there.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
French Quarter RV Resort is safe. It is surrounded by a large concrete wall with razor wire on top. The area around it is safe during normal hours. Can get dicey late. It seems to stay booked up though. DO NOT stay at one of the parks in New Orleans East. Bayou Segnette State Park is very good, but a little further than you'd like to be. If you have any questions about any of them, let me know.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Safe? Nothing is ever safe.

Safe? New Orleans?

How about safest?

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
strikeu Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Safe? Nothing is ever safe.

Safe? New Orleans?

How about safest?

Yes, I am learning. This will have been our first trip to NOLA, and I'm learning that the place is somewhat of a chithole, LOL.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
August? Safe? New Orleans? There are some very nice RV parks in WY, ID, and MT that would be far more comfortable.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Stay away from NOLA.

Imagine a corporate oligarchy so effective, so advanced and fine tuned that its citizens still call it a democracy.

IC B3

strikeu Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Update

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Don’t do it!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've read some posts on RV sites saying even high dollar RV have not always been able to keep up with the cooling needs during peak heat wave times.... full hook up or no.

Do you have family in the area you want to visit? Peak Summer in New Orleans in an RV.... just saying

Please don't feed the trolls!
strikeu Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
I've read some posts on RV sites saying even high dollar RV have not always been able to keep up with the cooling needs during peak heat wave times.... full hook up or no.

Do you have family in the area you want to visit? Peak Summer in New Orleans in an RV.... just saying

Funny you mention that. We spent May and June in Las Vegas. 108-112 deg, Not a shade tree in sight. we have 1 AC that is indigenous to the RV, we ended up getting 2 additional portable (floor) AC units from Costco, vented them out the Windows and ran separate 30 amp cords for them. I can cool the RV pretty well.

What you run into in the south is mold and condensation from the Humidity. I've been doing this for a while.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by strikeu
OK, new plan. avoiding NOLA, headed to the Smokies instead. have a really great option for RV parks, with great reviews, somewhere between Murphy and Cherokee NC.

thanks in advance.

strikeu

You had me scratching my head on the NOLA thing.

strikeu Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner

thanks in advance.

strikeu

I had some Former Military acquaintances that told me they had a great time some years back. I have now learned that the old NOLA is gone, and it is a complete toilet. LOL

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
French Quarter RV Resort is safe. It is surrounded by a large concrete wall with razor wire on top. .
WHAT? No armed guards with Uzis???

Geeeeez........

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 2ndwind

Funny you mention that. We spent May and June in Las Vegas. 108-112 deg, Not a shade tree in sight. we have 1 AC that is indigenous to the RV, we ended up getting 2 additional portable (floor) AC units from Costco, vented them out the Windows and ran separate 30 amp cords for them. I can cool the RV pretty well.

What you run into in the south is mold and condensation from the Humidity. I've been doing this for a while.

I've had to sleep in NOLA,
mid summer, broken a/c, in a semi.
Cabover, so the engine was directly under me. As it cooled, the bunk didn't.

Suckage was in the top percentile range.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Katrina changed a lot of things in NOLA, none of them for the better. Give it back to France as a 'goodwill gesture'. That'll fix them.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This is why everything and everyone on this forum has to be taken with a grain of salt. This fugger claims retired Navy in the avatar and doesn’t know he can stay at JBNO ?

All Bullchit !

Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner

thanks in advance.

strikeu

I had some Former Military acquaintances that told me they had a great time some years back. I have now learned that the old NOLA is gone, and it is a complete toilet. LOL

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

224 members (12344mag, 06hunter59, 338rcm, 2UP, 10Glocks, 24 invisible), 2,094 guests, and 894 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,760
Posts18,514,994
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.